Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1291415 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by naijaboi2(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2017
Please, I need your advice on the PNP I can or prepare to apply to with my under listed details:

1. Age: 33 years
2. ECA: Bachelor Degree
3. IELTS result: L - 7.0; R - 6.05; W - 6.5; S - 7.0
4. Work Experience: over 8 years in NOC 0111 (Financial Manager)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2017
DereI:
I'm so happy right now.... My fourth IELTS attempt.

Overall Band: 8.0

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0

And IQAS ECA came out like few minutes ago too. Join me shout hallelujah.
hallelujah! Happy for u

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2017
mcstan18:

Thanks dear. That's exactly what I've decided but I also intend to include W since cost of remarking won't change and chances of a refund better.
Anyone here living in PH that might be of help to me in January? I want to enroll ASAP.

Reporting live and direct from PHC...HOLLA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2017
einsteino:

okay. Remark and register for another if you have the means. COPR is the goal, we dont let all these hurdles dissuade us.

I might register for Ibadan instead if I can't go to PH.
There's no stopping us bro. The means has to be there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2017
This kind of day brings mixed feelings. Some rejoicing and some deflated but not defected. Struggle continues whichever way. At the end, we will all triumph.

Thank you Optionese, Boldinc, Yokus and 40manlappy. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2017
GREGORIAN:
PLEASE WHO DID AN ECA WITH NOUN M.SC...PLEASE HOW FAST AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS LIKE...THANKS

l started mine late last year spanning from OCTOBER 2016 TO JANUARY 2017 then l had to go the headquarters in Jabi to physically submit application as advised then and in between do followups through IQAS but IQAS has been very SLOW of late.Go through part 2 of this thread someone from NOUN recently applied for ECA through WES.Also visit the NOUN website the process has been refined and is done on line now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mummytutu: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2017
Take another shot at ielts and aim for 8777 and see the magic it does to your crs score. PNP is a last resort and considering your age, maxing out on your ielts is best.
naijaboi2:
Please, I need your advice on the PNP I can or prepare to apply to with my under listed details:

1. Age: 33 years
2. ECA: Bachelor Degree
3. IELTS result: L - 7.0; R - 6.05; W - 6.5; S - 7.0
4. Work Experience: over 8 years in NOC 0111 (Financial Manager)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2017
October 28: LRWS - 8, 6, 7, 8

December 2nd: LRWS - 7, 8.5, 7.5, 8.0

sad sad sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Licious07(f): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2017
einsteino:

remark it. You have a good chance of your writing shooting up to at least 7, since its scoring is quite subjective.
Ok,I will. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2017
Adebookie85:

Good morning all, I am new here on this express entry thread and would appreciate some guidance.

I had a score of 7776.5 in the recently released Ielts test result and this made my assessment very low

Any suggestion as to how to boost this score if I decide to rewrite it?

Thank you
You're welcome here. If you connect (privately) with people here, in other for the person(s) to help you better, you need to have basic knowledge of the whole PR process for your relationship to be seamless. With that said, the best guidance you can have lies in page 0, there you will see links to the previous thread and many other useful pages. Read the two page 0 diligently if you haven't done so and you're sure to be armed with the basics needed.

PS: Beauty of those pages is in the links contained, it will take you time to cover but you will gain knowledge, a lot. Tips for acing IETLS is there as well, a page or two back, link to materials was also shared. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:24am On Dec 15, 2017
PM me, I will give you an email to forward a mail to....

My spouse had to go there after I spent months (the strike was on) and my spouse was highly impressed with the kindness and simplicity of Ogbomosho people in general. Also, they had not earned a dime for several months and they were still pleasant. So while I appreciate your frustrations, I do not think the University is that bad, it is the peculiarity of the situation.

My spouse has been reluctant to give out numbers but I know he has the Deputy Registrar's number, let me see if I can beg again. I hope it ends well.

@ Bsbabe, OSU abi wetin dem dey call am now seems to really have internal problems from time ab initio, thankfully you had another degree to use, you can imagine the fate of other people that do not. I once read on this thread about the case of someone's brother -in-law who had collected certificate several years earlier but was told he had not graduated when he requested for transcripts.

Cheers.

PS: The problem is with our nation, in this lifetime and the next, if they want to give me a Nigerian certificate for free, without writing exams, I will not take it!

tippex:

Bros na MBA oh! They have frustrated every fibre in my body!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 9:27am On Dec 15, 2017
Just to encourage someone, asked for EOR Sept 14,and got an email November 30th, with an upgrade in writing while listening n reading remained unchanged. PH city sent me the forms to fill for refund and details of the result as well . Although I wrote another one and got my desired score while waiting for them but I'm also getting my refund as well. Try to encircle all bands to stand a good chance for refund.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oraywatt: 9:27am On Dec 15, 2017
Hello Tollu,

Congrats on the birth of your baby. So i had a similar experience to yours, and I was asked to upload certain forms, his meds and evidence of application fees payment.

However, I noticed that only one slot was provided for all these updates and it was under my section of the documents upload portion of my application.

Does your experience mirror mine? Or is there a second phase I still have to wait for?

tollu:

Safe delivery in Jesus name.
No fixed timelines far as I know. We haven't even done his medicals yet, his placeholder also isn't on my profile. Though I only just submitted on Saturday.

Birth: 16th October
CSE: October 28th
Acknowledged November 6th
They didn't take action until I sent a reminder mail 7th December
ADR to submit his documents came next day
Submitted 9th
Profile currently reads no additional docs required.

If his place doesn't come up by Monday, I will send another mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Licious07(f): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2017
@DereI @ribaby @GlitteringStar Thank you so much. I will do as advised.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by teelawwy: 9:31am On Dec 15, 2017
OK many thanks
elfmann:
Include ur Speaking too!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Congrats to all who aced their IELTS.

To others in the journey, Never give up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2017
optionese:

Thank you. Congratulations on your bundle of joy

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2017
oraywatt:
Hello Tollu,

Congrats on the birth of your baby. So i had a similar experience to yours, and I was asked to upload certain forms, his meds and evidence of application fees payment.

However, I noticed that only one slot was provided for all these updates and it was under my section of the documents upload portion of my application.

Does your experience mirror mine? Or is there a second phase I still have to wait for?

Thanks and congratulations to you smiley

Maybe you merge all the required documents into one pdf and upload?

Mine was different, 5 places were created for 5 things:
150 CAD payment receipt for the baby
IMM8 form
IMM5406 form
Passport biodata page
Passport photograph

None for medicals yet, that's another delay. It might be a visa office thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2017
Fantastically fantastic!!! God bless you for this.

einsteino:
I understand everyone wishes for his case to be different, to be that one that has grace written all over his story.. but we must understand for the large majority, this wouldn't be the case and that doesnt make the story any less glorious. Not everyone's journey would be a cakewalk, that's life.

Yes we wish everyone the best and exceptional speed but we know it can't materialize for everyone regardless of how much we pray, else the operational word wouldn't be "exceptional".

We would not all have IELTS in our first shot, not everyone would have POF before ITA, some would have PPR in 18days and some after several months, PUM for some would be 14days and some 6weeks... but by God, so long as there is any chance at all, we gear up and keep on, till we achieve our goal.. we are not faintheart!

PR is PR regardless of the timelines and hurdles, we have lived through worse already.. having the opportunity and means at all is all that matters. So please and please expect hurdles as much as you anticipate grace, that way nothing shocks you.

May the odds be in our favour, but if it isnt, we shall not despair! we shall weather whatever storm it brings.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oraywatt: 10:07am On Dec 15, 2017
Thank you.

Oh, that's different. I eventually merged and uploaded all in the slot provided. I also did his medicals upfront and included. Was cumbersome considering the 4mb limit. I did not upload his passport photo though as they made no mention of that. I noticed that my ADR section changed to "Additional documents requested have been uploaded" 24 hours later, so I assume there is some progress.

We should keep in touch and compare notes as our applications proceed. Id send you an email so we can discuss offline.

Cheers! smiley

tollu:

Thanks and congratulations to you smiley

Maybe you merge all the required documents into one pdf and upload?

Mine was different, 5 places were created for 5 things:
150 CAD payment receipt for the baby
IMM8 form
IMM5406 form
Passport biodata page
Passport photograph

None for medicals yet, that's another delay. It might be a visa office thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2017
Finally, I have escaped the snares of BC after 3 attempts.

First attempt LRWS 6.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.0.
Second attempt LRWS 6.5, 7.0, 7.0, 7.5.
Third attempt LRWS 8.0, 7.5, 7.0, 7.5

Listening did me strong thing. Reading and writing sections fell below my expectations but am taking it like that anyways.

CRS score has relocated from 384 to 432. However, and sadly too, my birthday is fast approaching and I will lose 5 points. This will push the score to 427 unless a miracle happens before then.

Truly the journey is not for the faint-hearted. Never forgetting to acknowledge the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino. Your intercession was timely.

Thanks to everyone here for the time and effort expended to assist each other.

I return all the Glory to God.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2017
I asked for EOR 27 of Sept for that same 14th test in PH still no feedback. its more than 12 weeks ohh. Very annoying and frustration. My 15k will never enter voicemail at all.

Sugaro:
Just to encourage someone, asked for EOR Sept 14,and got an email November 30th, with an upgrade in writing while listening n reading remained unchanged. PH city sent me the forms to fill for refund and details of the result as well . Although I wrote another one and got my desired score while waiting for them but I'm also getting my refund as well. Try to encircle all bands to stand a good chance for refund.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Petrelli112: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Congrats to all those who passed their ielts, didn't make it this time, I guess I put too much pressure on myself to pass it once, next time I will be more relaxed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sunmisire: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2017
DereI:

Its sis.. grin I began my Iqas journey July 31st.

Thnx sis��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2017
Thank God for his mercies. We didn't Max out our language scores but I guess this should be enough for ITA.
Spouse (PA): LRWS 8,8.5,7.5,7
Me: LRWS 7,7,7.5,6

This is our first attempt and I think we have to go with it instead of me rewriting to get 8777.Our CRS is 448 but my ECA is not yet out, so our CRS as at today is 440.
I don't know if it is best to wait till my ECA comes out hopefully ending of next month so that we enter with 448 or just enter straight away with 440.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2017
I know someone who has used 0122 as Branch Operations Head and gotten PPR

Newmum0615:
I know 2 people who have used both. The 6314 has gotten PPR, the 0122 is still in progress.
Either of them will do but I'd go with 6314 because IMO 0122 is more skewed towards head of marketing or Branch Business Managers based on the lead statement and duties listed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2017
Saintp:
Thank God for his mercies. We didn't Max out our language scores but I guess this should be enough for ITA.

This is our first attempt and I think we have to go with it instead of me rewriting to get 8777.Our CRS is 448 but my ECA is not yet out, so our CRS as at today is 440.
I don't know if it is best to wait till my ECA comes out hopefully ending of next month so that we enter with 448 or just enter straight away with 440.

Did I read WAIT? Enter the pool sharp sharp. You don't have anything to lose. If the ECA comes, you update your profile and that's all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by babyoj: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Please if someones NOC requires Completion of secondary school and the person has a masters, will that be any issue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Adebookie85: 10:47am On Dec 15, 2017
thank you so much Kontagious, will do as advised

Kontagious:

You're welcome here. If you connect (privately) with people here, in other for the person(s) to help you better, you need to have basic knowledge of the whole PR process for your relationship to be seamless. With that said, the best guidance you can have lies in page 0, there you will see links to the previous thread and many other useful pages. Read the two page 0 diligently if you haven't done so and you're sure to be armed with the basics needed.

PS: Beauty of those pages is in the links contained, it will take you time to cover but you will gain knowledge, a lot. Tips for acing IETLS is there as well, a page or two back, link to materials was also shared. Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 10:50am On Dec 15, 2017
oraywatt:
Thank you.

Oh, that's different. I eventually merged and uploaded all in the slot provided. I also did his medicals upfront and included. Was cumbersome considering the 4mb limit. I did not upload his passport photo though as they made no mention of that. I noticed that my ADR section changed to "Additional documents requested have been uploaded" 24 hours later, so I assume there is some progress.

We should keep in touch and compare notes as our applications proceed. Id send you an email so we can discuss offline.

Cheers! smiley

Got it smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:52am On Dec 15, 2017
Dive into the pool now. You can edit his profile if ECA comes out and you are still in the pool.

Saintp:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2017
Sugaro:
hallelujah! Happy for u

Congratulations Dere. So so happy for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.