Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297806 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bigfido: 6:17am On Dec 15, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Wow! Wow!!! Congratulations! kiss smiley

@MRSDA, ITAbabe, Boldinc, Toyogirl, Tollu, Bsbabe, Yewwygraceful, Dannio, Bigfido, @all other LVO crew , this year will not pass you by. You all will receive your golden mail before the end of this year too. Amen. More of such good news on this thread.

AMEN!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bigfido: 6:18am On Dec 15, 2017
sleekysilk:
Hephgirl and bigfido, where are u guys @. Long time no see/hear from you two. Trust all is well.

bro i kuku dey background. trying to get my mind cleared. PPR will sooon be here

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:31am On Dec 15, 2017
einsteino:

it is rare to get any change on Listening, but it does happen a few times. I would advise that you add your Writing and perhaps Speaking to the requested sections to be remarked; just to at least widen your chances of getting a refund if the Listening remains the same.

is this your first IELTS?

Thanks. Yea, first and hoping it was going to be the last
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 6:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Good Morning

Just woke up to my IELTS score.
Your Test Result
Overall Band: 7.5
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Is this good enough to get PPR?
Don't know if I should be worried or take the test all over again ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 15, 2017
mcstan18:
L7.5 R8 W7.5 S8
I'm seriously considering a remark of my L.
7.5 is just too low a score. Though the test was tricky as earlier complained, I didn't think I'd go below the 8.0 mark. Are there any suggestions in the house regarding this please?

The chances of getting an upgrade in the listening and reading module is low. You can request for a remark and if possible, retake the test too. I wish you the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2017
Kmgb:

Same here,so annoyed right now!is Jan 6 still open for registration?and what's d process for remarking?

Jan 6 is closed for Lagos but open for PH. I'm looking at registering for PH center while applying for a remark as well. Timing is key in this journey
Congratulations to those who aced their IELTS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 15, 2017
Congratulations to all those who got their desired scores in the IELTS test. @DereI, @Abamure, @Emelueobi and @Emerson500.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 6:45am On Dec 15, 2017
DadR:
Congrats to all who have judged aced their IELTS.

Please, I'd be writing the exam for the third time in January /February and will appreciate if you'll forward the materials you used to this email add: newzone4luv@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

@emerson500 @tealawwy, @derel, @einsteino, @yetunde84, @all those who just aced the exam.

here you go. May the odds be in your favour.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ojk5EVi9onWm5NcHB5UEVYY2c

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:48am On Dec 15, 2017
GlitteringStar:

The chances of getting an upgrade in the listening and reading module is low. You can request for a remark and if possible, retake the test too. I wish you the best!

Thanks dear. That's exactly what I've decided but I also intend to include W since cost of remarking won't change and chances of a refund better.
Anyone here living in PH that might be of help to me in January? I want to enroll ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by HIDDENSECRECY: 6:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Bro try and keep checking their sites..... there are people that their online application was cancelled cos they didnt pay within the five day window.
Alternatively you register and hold a spot in PH then request for remark( make sure you are writing and speaking ohh.... so your pay can come back)

mcstan18:

Jan 6 is closed for Lagos but open for PH. I'm looking at registering for PH center while applying for a remark as well. Timing is key in this journey
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sunmisire: 6:58am On Dec 15, 2017
[quote author=Emerson500 post=63293859]Hello guys, I've been silently follwing this thread for a while now. Want to thank you guys for the good job you are doing here.

Just got my IELTS now. First attempt LRSW - 8.5, 8.5, 7, 7. All thanks to God for the success. @einsteino and @yetunde84 thank you for the materials you shared. Was really helpful.

I have concluded my ECA for my MSc alone. Submitted my application on the 11th of october, my Uni requested a copy of my certificate and sent it along with my transcript to WES the following day as it was a UK institution and the process was seamless. Got my report on the 7th of November. Just getting ready to dive into the pool now. I should be swimming in lane 450

Congrats bro.... I just sent you a pm,can you pls help me with the materials as mine is scheduled for jan,6th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 15, 2017
Licious07:
And my ielts result is out...L8 R9 S8 W6.5. Can't explain how I feel right now embarassed.

So sorry about your score. You can request for a remark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 15, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Good Morning

Just woke up to my IELTS score.
Your Test Result
Overall Band: 7.5
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Speaking: 7.5

Is this good enough to get PPR?
Don't know if I should be worried or take the test all over again ?

Your CRS score will be low because of your listening score. You should aim to score a minimum of 8777 (LRWS).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sunmisire: 7:05am On Dec 15, 2017
DereI:
I'm so happy right now.... My fourth IELTS attempt.

Overall Band: 8.0

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8.0
Speaking: 8.0

And IQAS ECA came out like few minutes ago too. Join me shout hallelujah.

Congrats bro.... Pls how long did it take IQAS to evaluate your transcript as am planning to use then after the strike.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2017
teeboy95:
Hello Guys...

It's PPR.....

Thanks to everyone here ..
I learnt all I need to make this tremendous journey a success..

Congratulations! Kindly share your timeline. Thanks. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 15, 2017
mcstan18:

Thanks. That's exactly what I've decided but I also intend to include W since cost of remarking won't change and chances of a refund better.

Nice! I wish you good success.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2017
Good morning all,

IELTS Results:

L-7
R-7
W-7
S-7

I feel sad, but i refuse to be discouraged.
I'll write again in Jan and be hopeful.

This journey i must reach the end successfully. No going back.

Congratulations to those who aced their IELTS.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Adebookie85: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2017
Kontagious:
As little as 0.5 less in any of 8777 takes about 55-60 points off your score. A minimum of 8777 will give him the needed boost to surpass draws of that period. I believe retaking the IELTS was all he did.

Good morning all, I am new here on this express entry thread and would appreciate some guidance.

I had a score of 7776.5 in the recently released Ielts test result and this made my assessment very low

Any suggestion as to how to boost this score if I decide to rewrite it?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 8:00am On Dec 15, 2017
HIDDENSECRECY:
Bro try and keep checking their sites..... there are people that their online application was cancelled cos they didnt pay within the five day window.
Alternatively you register and hold a spot in PH then request for remark( make sure you are writing and speaking ohh.... so your pay can come back)

Thanks for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 8:01am On Dec 15, 2017
mcstan18:

OK. But what's the process of remarking though?do I have to go collect the TRF first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by babyoj: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2017
really!!!!!! shocked shocked
NikyO:

Where ll the candidate name and number be?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Congratulations to all those who got their desired scores in the IELTS test. @DereI, @Abamure, @Emelueobi and @Emerson500.

Thanks so much sis. I really appreciate your encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2017
Sunmisire:

Congrats bro.... Pls how long did it take IQAS to evaluate your transcript as am planning to use then after the strike.

Its sis.. grin I began my Iqas journey July 31st.
Here is my timeline;

Application completed: 31st July
Transcript & Documents sent: 3rd August
Transcript and Documents delivered: 9th August
Acknowledgement of Receipt Email from iqas : 5 Sept 2017 (After 19 Business Days)
Assessment put on hold (I pleaded to include a second certificate): Sept 13th
Second Transcript delivered: Sept 26th
Acknowledgement for 2nd Transcript: Oct 25th
Request for Scanned original certificate: Nov 20th
Assessment Completed: Nov 25th
Softcopy ECA sent: Dec 15th

Assessment Result: Two or More Certificate (Ond plus Bsc)
It was a pretty long journey but worth it at the end.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Request for a remark sharply.
Licious07:
And my ielts result is out...L8 R9 S8 W6.5. Can't explain how I feel right now embarassed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2017
I said Phil 4:13 all through my preparation! And it worked. Congrats.
abamure:
IELTS Result of December 2, 2017

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 7.5
Speaking: 7.0

This can only be God. It is my first attempt and am saying thank you to this group and everyone that helped me.

My special thanks to my good friends bonnie1, Revlane and GlitteringStar

Phil 4:13 works. Waiting for WES...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2017
mcstan18:

Thanks. Yea, first and hoping it was going to be the last

okay. Remark and register for another if you have the means. COPR is the goal, we dont let all these hurdles dissuade us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2017
Include ur Speaking too!
teelawwy:
My IELTS result: L8, R8, W6.5, S7. Please can I call for remark for the writing test?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2017
Yes you can. Go for it.
teelawwy:
My IELTS result: L8, R8, W6.5, S7. Please can I call for remark for the writing test?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2017
Kmgb:

OK. But what's the process of remarking though?do I have to go collect the TRF first?
You need to go to the bank, raise a bank draft of N15,000 in favour of British Council.
When you get there, your ask for your TRF and tell them you want to apply for EOR, you’d be given a form then asked to hand over the result and the bank draft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2017
I understand everyone wishes for his case to be different, to be that one that has grace written all over his story.. but we must understand for the large majority, this wouldn't be the case and that doesnt make the story any less glorious. Not everyone's journey would be a cakewalk, that's life.

Yes we wish everyone the best and exceptional speed but we know it can't materialize for everyone regardless of how much we pray, else the operational word wouldn't be "exceptional".

We would not all have IELTS in our first shot, not everyone would have POF before ITA, some would have PPR in 18days and some after several months, PUM for some would be 14days and some 6weeks... but by God, so long as there is any chance at all, we gear up and keep on, till we achieve our goal.. we are not faintheart!

PR is PR regardless of the timelines and hurdles, we have lived through worse already.. having the opportunity and means at all is all that matters. So please and please expect hurdles as much as you anticipate grace, that way nothing shocks you.

May the odds be in our favour, but if it isnt, we shall not despair! we shall weather whatever storm it brings.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Preach!
einsteino:
I understand everyone wishes for his case to be different, to be that one that has grace written all over his story.. but we must understand for the large majority, this wouldn't be the case and that doesnt make the story any less glorious. Not everyone's journey would be a cakewalk, that's life.

Yes we wish everyone the best and exceptional speed but we know it can't materialize for everyone regardless of how much we pray, else the operational word wouldn't be "exceptional".

We would not all have IELTS in our first shot, not everyone would have POF before ITA, some would have PPR in 18days and some after several months, PUM for some would be 14days and some 6weeks... but by God, so long as there is any chance at all, we gear up and keep on, till we achieve our goal.. we are not faintheart!

PR is PR regardless of the timelines and hurdles, we have lived through worse already.. having the opportunity and means at all is all that matters. May the odds be in our favour, but if it isnt, we shall not despair! we shall weather whatever storm it brings.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.