Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Setting The Records Straight; What D.k.olukoya Of MFM Actually Said. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Setting The Records Straight; What D.k.olukoya Of MFM Actually Said. (501 Views)

Daniel Olukoya Of MFM Unveils 33 Prophetic Declarations For 2020 / Meet Kehinde Adegbolahan, The Assistant General Overseer Of MFM? (Photos) / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Setting The Records Straight; What D.k.olukoya Of MFM Actually Said. by josh001(m): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
Contrary to the reports of the thread that has just graced front-page on Nairaland. Dr. D.K.Olukoya did not dissuade the payment of tithe while preaching today. He in fact enjoined the wise to indulge in it. There is a danger in half-reports and half-truths, they are more dangerous than lies and that is what the OP did with that thread.

I now present to you what Dr. D.K.Olukoya actually said today. This is the closest I could get to his exact words-" there is nowhere in the scriptures where offering and tithes is made compulsory, but those who have moved with God have grown beyond tithes and offering (they pay more), I do not say that pastors do not steal, no, some of them steal, but that is why they will lay hands on the sick and the sick would not recover, because they steal God's money, if because of this however you do not want to give, pack your money, locate God's house address and go and give God. When we started MFM we were not collecting offering at all, we only started when we realized people must be blessed( give to receive)".

The above was the closest I could get to his words in today's sermon titled "the power of primitive faith". He relayed biblical scriptures of how God moved in times past and why our times experience a dearth (lack) of the power and move of God and he attributed it's cause to several reasons; fear, sin and others. He enjoined a returning to the ways of the Ancients of Days as God has not changed, he enjoined Christian back to the way of seeking God through prayers, fasting and holiness, that we not only speak and talk but walk and work in the power of God.

Note: I have only felt a need to correct the erroneous position formerly laid and attributed to D.K.O. This I have done only to educate and properly inform. I have no other reason or interest whatsoever.
Re: Setting The Records Straight; What D.k.olukoya Of MFM Actually Said. by C4Ltd: 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Darwin’s Real Message: Have You Missed It? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heaven - Excellent Service Or Eye-service / The Status Of Women In The Quran & Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.