Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. (613 Views)

Hipocrisy Of The Black Race / Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / Hipocrisy Is When You Call Prophet Muhammed A Pedophile. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by ObaKlaz: 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
Everyone is a messenger of some sorts these days. Everyone thinks he/she has a point. Christian clerics are being lampooned and utterly disrespected in recent times and it is becoming the norm. Everyone wants to chip in their two cents and bash a pastor. Some of these pastors revel in certain excesses - that is the truth. But, it is downright hypocritical when people who live by little or no modicum of decency take it on themselves to point at the perceived errors in Christianity or the life of a minister of the gospel. Anyone, but not an hypocrite!

As case study, Pastor EA Adeboye is the most vilified Christian cleric in recent times. If he is not bashed for trying to raise a donation, he is slammed because his members 'worship' his chair, or because he must sell his(?) private jet and feed the poor with the proceeds. Some truths have been conveniently ignored. The church owes a certain degree of responsibility to the nation, her location and her members. The church gives scholarships, helps widows, takes the gospel to diverse nations as well as several other philanthropic works. Donations such as tithes and offerings sees to it that these good works are done. Notable pastors like Joshua Iginla, TB Joshua, the much-maligned EA Adeboye and a horde of others place premium on these good works and are ardent doers of them, which are barely applauded or recognized because ours is a crazy, perverse, pastor-hating generation.

These pastor-haters feed on negativity and hate; it fuels them. It is hard hard not to put the lives of these pastor-bashers under the microscope. I know the contributions of Pastor Adeboye to Christianity in Nigeria, Africa and the world over; I cannot say the same about Mr. Daddy Freeze, who knows some scripture but does not live by it. I saw a thread here some days ago, of Dencia berating pastor Adeboye and it left me exasperated, to say the least. I mean, DENCIA of all people! I also failed to see Dencia's contributions to Christianity. Her only contributions to the black race are her range of bleaching creams! This is the same Dencia who was moaning under the 'pelvic ministrations' of Paul Pogba, not to mention her whole lifestyle which would be a can of worms to open. Another sworn Adeboye-hater is Bisi Alimi. The reason behind his incessant criticism and hatred of Chrisitian clerics (Adeboye particularly) is not far fetched: bro Bisi is gay, Christianity frowns at it and Pastor Adeboye criticizes the homosexual lifestyle vocally.

These guys are just what they are: pastor-bashers! I believe the so-called MoGs, apostles and bishops are not beyond reprove, but it is downright hypocritical when reprove is coming from characters such as the ones mentioned above, who clearly need to fix their lives first. They strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. The Bible says "Let a RIGHTEOUS MAN strike me - it is a kindness; let him rebuke me - that is oil on my head." (Psalm 141:5).

The truth is tithing is indeed not compulsory. But let's face it: no one held anyone at gunpoint to pay anything. Whatever you donate, under any name whatsoever, to a church or to a pastor is of your own volition and discretion. You have freewill. Yeah or nay, it's your call to make.

If half the vitriol and hate meted on Christian clerics are channeled to criticizing our wasteful politicians, they wouldn't stand the heat, dem legs nor go touch ground! You almost won't hear this pastor-bashers lampooning those greedy, thievish politicians and pour out vitriol at the Nigerian government. Channel the hate and vitriol at the government, hold them accountable. Demand improved health care, buoyant economy, electricity, better infrastructure, security of lives and properties etc.

I remember the case of a community around the Redemption camp (not very far from Ogijo) that I visited 8 years ago. They had no water, no transformer and their roads were death traps. The RCCG offered to fix their their roads. The chiefs and elders of the communities gathered and asked the RCCG to give the the sum of 20 million Naira before they could accept their offer to fix THEIR OWN road! What mentality! Our mindsets as Nigerians are so skewed and faulty! Yet you would hear the same people say Adeboye should reject gifts, sell his private jet and feed the poor with the proceeds, while Patience Jonathan has loots stashed in multiple bank accounts, says it was a gift from her mother, and that makes sense to some Nigerians, because, well... the EFCC's just witch-hunting her!

The church owes a certain degree of responsibility to the nation, but the bulk of responsibilities on the shoulders of the government.

1 Like

Re: Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by GodsMopol: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Well, I think there are better things to talk about right now
people are going to hell, your thread does not reach out to them
no point reading the (-@? anyway

1 Like

Re: Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tackle the message NOT the messenger.
Re: Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by ObaKlaz: 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Akdegreat:
Tackle the message NOT the messenger.
Message addressed, messenger tackled too Except you didn't read through...

1 Like

Re: Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by ObaKlaz: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
GodsMopol:
Well, I think there are better things to talk about right now

people are going to hell, your thread does not reach out to them

no point reading the (-@? anyway
...And Freeze's 'message' is saving souls from hell, huh? I like that you admit you didn't read through, hence your comment.
Re: Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by GodsMopol: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
ObaKlaz:
...And Freeze's 'message' is saving souls from hell, huh? I like that you admit you didn't read through, hence your comment.

Preach the Gospel

If you preach the gospel, peoples won't be tossed about by Freeze's whatsoever

Focus on the main, leave freeze to his own concerns.

Its better a soul is saved from hell, than bugging them with threads on tithing

I think, you guys need to pull a curtain on tithing for now

if I truly love God, I will give Him everything, but if I can't give you sth, it only shows my level of esteem toward you

I hope you understanding

My point

Get people to be intimate with God, then they will bow to your God.

Moses needed a sign from God, I think we are really sinning against God when we don't see the importance of prayer above threads or
Re: Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. by feelgoodInc: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
pastor Olukoya says tithing isn't compulsory. TB Joshua says almost the same but your Pastor Adeboye insist that you must tithe. Don't you think there's something wrong, He could not use the Bible so he decided to use the famous God told me. grin

now about your judging freeze and Demcia do not forget that God can use anyone even a donkey or even stones of the Earth. What you see happening now is the spirit speaking to pastors.

You won't understand, if you're a pastor from time to time in the space of a month most pastor preach the same topic this shows that the spirit is sending a message. I'm not going to say much.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me!!! / Should Graduates Seek Employment In Nigerian Big Churches? / "I Was Counselling Him!!!"---pastor Caught In Car With Naked Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.