Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? (1847 Views)

What It Means To Be "born Again"! / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Cyberfreak(f): 7:50am On Mar 29, 2010
I don't know if the concept of being born to enjoy good luck or to suffer bad luck throughout one's existence is true although I have heard a number of times that it is. If you think it is actually a real thing, please say so here and maybe tell a story or recount an experience to support why it is or if you think it is an impossible thing, also say so with reasons. The Muslims and Christians are both invited to give their opinion on the issue and to state whether it is an idea that is supported by their religions.
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by browncocos(f): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2010
in as much as i dont believe in "luck" as a word
i do believe in favor from God
i could write an epistle on my life for you because i know ive been highly favored by God

i see people putting so Much into things and not turn out well
I on the other hand dont go out of my way to do things
but stuff falls on my lap easily
infact i get scared of the future coz am scared for a minute that it might stop

downside of this- i tend to take things for granted coz i didnt work too hard for them

i realy wish i could explain it tho but i cant
some people even say people that are extremely lucky dont live long
I reject that BTW

But i DO believe some people are extremely blessed
case in point GOODLUCK JONATHAN lol
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Cyberfreak(f): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
st.
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by pureminded: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yeap! cool
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Fhemmmy: 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
You could be born blessed and favored, but luck? . . . .dont know about that one
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Cyberfreak(f): 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
t?
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by nuella2(f): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
The word luck is not biblical but i believe in been blessed. Every child of God is blessed and favoured. But some are highly favoured by God, there is such thing as destiny like Joseph and Mary are good examples. Remember there is a devil out there that want to stop us at all cost, thats why we should be at the right place with God at all times. So we can experience all the blessings and favour ordained for us by God.

Ephes. 1:3
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Cyberfreak(f): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2010
?
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
Cyberfreak:

^is everyone born blessed and favored? If yes, why? If no, why not?

We are all born sinners, however, the way we are raised determines a lot.
Besides, some are favored more than the other, could be by what the parents doing, did and ought to have done.
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Cyberfreak(f): 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
orn with?
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by browncocos(f): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2010
somehow i believe that it could be payment 4 what our parents have sown
Re: Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky? by Cyberfreak(f): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
k.

(1) (Reply)

FROSBEL, let us decide whether to drain your blood / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? / Virin Mary Sheding Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.