Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,077 members, 7,842,078 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

#endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” (521 Views)

Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours / Norsemen Confraternity Members Protest In Support Of SARS In Cross River. Photos / #endsars: Internet Marketer Tells His Horrible Story In The Hands Of Sars (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by Haryorbammmy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
The spokesperson of the Nigerian Police Force Jimoh Moshood has said the people calling for the proscription of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) may be armed robbers, The Cable reports.
Nigerians on Twitter have, since Saturday morning , with the hashtag #EndSARS, been sharing their experiences, a lot of them featuring extortion and some deaths.
Although former vice president Atiku Abubakar has
contributed to the hashtag, calling for the government to look into reforming the police, the presidency is yet to make a comment.
Speaking to The Cable, Moshood said SARS is doing “fantastically well” in the country and there hasn’t been any violation of human rights.
He said:
"As we speak, SARS is doing
fantastically well across the country
in reducing incidents of robbery to the
barest minimum… they are doing very,
very well.
There has not been any specific
violation of human rights against any
SARS personnel. So anybody that is
spreading such a rumour is not doing
the nation any good.
SARS has no excesses and when there
is any, we do investigate.
The call for SARS to be scrapped
should be condemned by all well-
meaning Nigerians. Anybody calling
for their proscription is not doing the
nation any good and such people
should be suspected as having
something to hide."
He added that the police does not permit the violation of human rights by its men, and the ones who do so are apprehended.
He added that people should stop “spreading falsehood,” and the people trending the #EndSARS hashtag may be armed robbers themselves.
He said:
"Accessibility (to the police in cases of
complaints) is very possible, he said,
adding: “We do not take any
infraction or violation of human right
of any Nigerian likely. You know that
so many police officers have been
dismissed and even charged to court.
So, Nigerians should not give in to
insinuations from people that just
come to the social media and start
spreading falsehood. Such people
spreading such information may likely
be armed robbers themselves.
There are laid down rules for police
procedures and any police officer that
go beyond boundary to do something
outrageous which is against the law is
apprehended."
Source: https://www.bellanaija.com/2017/12/endsars-people-calling-scrapping-sars-may-likely-armed-robbers-police-spokesman-jimoh-moshood/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Re: #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by Edjoshua: 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
If they know they love we Nigerians at least their boss can try and monitor the way they do things is not that they are not doing OK they are but the situation here is that they are taking this toooo far and beyond comfort which is quite alarming just because I took my babe ND her friends for an outing SARS stopped my car seeing they couldn't see any fault they accused me of kidnap I mean what the..... So so annoying and this man just came out from nowhere and starts saying people that brought up this campaign are mostly robbers I stand with the #endsars now

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by Haryorbammmy(m): 11:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Edjoshua:
If they know they love we Nigerians at least their boss can try and monitor the way they do things is not that they are not doing OK they are but the situation here is that they are taking this toooo far and beyond comfort which is quite alarming just because I took my babe ND her friends for an outing SARS stopped my car seeing they couldn't see any fault they accused me of kidnap I mean what the..... So so annoying and this man just came out from nowhere and starts saying people that brought up this campaign are mostly robbers I stand with the #endsars now

I swear his statement weak me that i had to post it here on nairaland from where I read it. That surely means even the Celebrities that complained too are armed robbers nah.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by Khd95(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Useless force

Worst force in the world

Sars is evil..person no fit wear nice clothes and hold expensive phone for . automatically u be yahoo boy..no investigation nothing and ure bundled up and taken to a special station or a hidden place where u are extorted of money and valuables

3 Likes

Re: #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by Haryorbammmy(m): 12:57am On Dec 04, 2017
Khd95:
Useless force

Worst force in the world

Sars is evil..person no fit wear nice clothes and hold expensive phone for . automatically u be yahoo boy..no investigation nothing and ure bundled up and taken to a special station or a hidden place where u are extorted of money and valuables

That's the sorry state of Nigeria.
Re: #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by Dayoto: 3:13am On Dec 04, 2017
kiss
But SARS themselves are highwaymen!
Forcing you to go Withdraw money from the ATM with your ATM card o
Money you worked for with your sweat!
Who does that if not an Highwayman?!

1 Like

Re: #endsars: People Calling For Scrapping Of SARS “may Likely Be Armed Robbers” by danielgod(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
Instead of the command to carefully look into these allegations with a view of improving the image of the police thereby gaining public trust, they are insulting Nigerians. Who has not had one or have someone who has had a rough encounter with these supposed friends of the public?
I just don't know what to say in response to this press release.

(1) (Reply)

I Support Nigerians Call For End SARS- Gov Dankwambo / NNPC Fuel Station At Adura Bus-stop, Abeokuta On Fire (photos / Lady Narrates How She Lost N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.