Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim (52823 Views)

Augustine Omini Oboni: Nigerian Man Turns Teen Into Sex Slave In South Africa / Gang Kept 14-Year-Old Girl As Sex Slave In Bauchi, Arrested By Police / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2017
Chidonc:

true talk bro, many people have not really tasted real hunger
what hunger? Someone that could save 10k monthly??

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

They didn't go to Botswana through the desert, without proper travel documents. They didn't run the risk of becoming slaves or drowning in the Mediterranean. I know what I mean by lazy, the Edo-to-Italy kind of lazy. I'm sure you also know what I mean.

they both left Nigeria for a reason... that's d focal point.... suffering American won't leave for Mexico cos their is hope for dem...

u can never use d word lazy to describe someone who went thru Sahara desert... never... find a better term..
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

I don't advise it but you have no rights to judge a desperate man.
desperate to live bad or live right. There is a difference between desperation on the right path an desperation on a wrong path.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by BenzEne1(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

what about migrants from Sudan, Congo and other war torn countries.... trading human beings is never to be tolerated under any condition.... u could also come up with and excuse y the white enslaved Africans and y nazis killed many Jews, cos they left their country to seek a greener pasture...

Those are different cases. I do not say the slavers are faultless. But these illegal migrants from who choose poverty as a yardstick share from the blame too
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by kay29000(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2017
They had a car accident in SAHARA DESERT? Please, what did they jam? A mirage?

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

You think 10k is money? How long will it take for him to live an average life, get married and fulfill his dreams if he can only get a 10k savings on a full time monthly hustle?
Pray make bad thing no do you. Some people are comfortable in penury, it's not a crime if others aren't.
how much does it take to get married? How much does it take? Must you do an elaborate wedding where you feed people that will add no value to your marriage? What is penury here? Must everybody become a rich man? He isn't begging? Does europe guarantee being a millionaire. If yes, then every one in Europe should be a millionaire. What intelligence!
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Chidonc(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2017
majekdom2:
Gordon how long bro, do u think aliko dangote, femi otedola etc got to where they are by saving 10k monthly.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Chidonc(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2017
majekdom2:
for how long bro, do u think aliko dangote, femi otedola etc got to where they are by saving 10k monthly.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by byemx06(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2017
imhotep:
You have a point. But it is no excuse to justify Libyan slave trade
sure bro. enjoy ur day
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Originalsly: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Makweembo:
[/b]
After gaining his freedom, he attempted to travel to Tripoli, hoping to join the thousands of illegal migrants who would brave the sea to try and reach Italy by boat.[b]
[b][/b]

“I didn’t even get to Tripoli before I was caught and taken to prison
Why would TB give N100K to this guy? I can bet my life he would use that money to try to go to Europe...again. As shown in the above quote.... after being beaten and starved... mother made to find ransom....he learned nothing from his experience in Libya.... jumped right into the next trap. Mental slave... can't see farther than his nose. Sad thing... many more like him... willing to pay to be enslaved. [b]30 killed in a bad accident in the desert...really?..or is it robbed and killed?

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by DonBobes(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2017
SenorFax:
In short you were sold like a bush meat,

Since you took to calling Nigeria a zoo, they have decided to treat you like animals.

Libyans are goat.
Gbam !!!

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 04, 2017
Chidonc:

for how long bro, do u think aliko dangote, femi otedola etc got to where they are by saving 10k monthly.
they got to where they are being being financially wise and hardworking. They didn't get there by travelling to europe. How many illegal immigrants have come back to say they became milionaire by travelling illegally to europe. E no dey work like that. This kind of path is not a true success gene. Successful people have smart goals, are wise and will never take an uncalculated risk. The libya journey is an uncalculated risk that leads to failure. 10K for a year is 120k, that can start some little business based on his level. Another barbing saloon shop. He can brand himself and gradually things fall into shape. I have heard stories of barbers that turned milionaires. Network with the right people, have focus and you will see your dream come to lime light not by travelling through the "red" sea to europe!

4 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Bville02(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2017
This is pathetic. I'm happy he's finally free.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2017
BenzEne1:

Those are different cases. I do not say the slavers are faultless. But these illegal migrants from who choose poverty as a yardstick share from the blame too

abject poverty is one of the reason people migrate. even the UN recognise that.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by kay29000(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2017
Look at how fresh the guy is in the screenshot of that CNN interview. This guy never suffer jare. There was a time I went four days with no food cos I was seriously broke. And then I had to walk for like 5 hours to get to my parents house when I thought I was going to die from starvation. I know suffer... I know how I looked. This guy didn't suffer.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by OHIsIManuEL(m): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

They need a reorientation in that state. Any Edo person who isn't in Italy believes he has failed in life.
how many edo people do you know?
and how many have told you they feel like they've failed because they're not in italy?
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Jakumo(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2017
Blind, unquestioning faith in religious and superstitious belief systems remains one of the primary diseases that accounts for many a premature death among Africans both young and old, even today, two decades into the new Millenium.

In today's connected world, every person with access to a smart phone can keep up to date on the planet's latest breaking news stories, including the EXTENSIVE coverage devoted to the terrible risks faced by Africans who try to reach Europe illegally, via the Arab world. Just last year, CNN repeatedly aired a news account detailing the activities of Libya's human organ harvesters, whose PRIMARY raw material is the constant flow of black Africans crossing the Sahara Desert in search of heaven on earth in London, only to enter hell in Libya, never to return, in many cases.

Yet, despite being fully aware of the slavery kidnap gangs and human organ traffickers that predate on Africans desperate enough
to chase after the mirage of a better life in England, by heading out across the burning sands of the very unforgiving Sahara Desert, more and more Africans embark on the same potentially suicidal journey, because of their myopic reliance on the concept of " God forbid bad ting" - that blindly optimistic mantra of the brain-washed, non-reasoning cult adherent.

While some intending African immigrants to Europe engage the services of greedy, fast-taking pastors to "spiritually" fortify their intended desert crossings, other more "traditional" minded Africans pay illiterate Juju witch-doctors who cast imaginary and ineffectual spells for safe passage, all of which are enough to convince feeble-minded miracle juju church cult members to embark on journeys whose mortal dangers are legion, and growing exponentially with time.

Free your mind, from religious and superstitious indoctrination, and surely, your asz will follow.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2017
majekdom2:
they got to where they are being being financially wise and hardworking. They didn't get there by travelling to europe. How many illegal immigrants have come back to say they became milionaire by travelling illegally to europe. E no dey work like that. This kind of path is not a true success gene. Successful people have smart goals, are wise and will never take an uncalculated risk. The libya journey is an uncalculated risk that leads to failure. 10K for a year is 120k, that can start some little business based on his level. Another barbing saloon shop. He can brand himself and gradually things fall into shape. I have heard stories of barbers that turned milionaires. Network with the right people, be focus and you will see your dream come to lime light not by travelling through the "red" sea to europe!

majekdom2:
they got to where they are being being financially wise and hardworking. They didn't get there by travelling to europe. How many illegal immigrants have come back to say they became milionaire by travelling illegally to europe. E no dey work like that. This kind of path is not a true success gene. Successful people have smart goals, are wise and will never take an uncalculated risk. The libya journey is an uncalculated risk that leads to failure. 10K for a year is 120k, that can start some little business based on his level. Another barbing saloon shop. He can brand himself and gradually things fall into shape. I have heard stories of barbers that turned milionaires. Network with the right people, be focus and you will see your dream come to lime light not by travelling through the "red" sea to europe!

people go thru dis means seek asylum and make it in Europe. ngolo kante of Chelsea is a good example. his parents migrated from Mali to seek greener pasture. same with Victor Moses..

if people don't make it tru this means, migrants would av stopped risking their lives decades ago.

and stop using all dis folks that made dia money thru political favoritism as an example for financial success
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by kay29000(m): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2017
Lordave:
He doesn't look like he went through all what he narrated.

I swear. That was what I was thinking. See how fresh he looks. I think he exaggerated his story.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by phineas: 10:54am On Dec 04, 2017
You all need to watch his interview on CNN,its on you tube,

I'm sure he thought CNN will arrange for him to turn up on the shores of Europe, whats with Edo pple and landing in Europe, why is worth risking their lives for. When asked his greatest regret he said "not making it to Europe, all my friends are there making it, me too I would have made it"

How do you begin to explain that.No degree, no money,no plan other than land on the shores of Europe.... and they make their own home state hostile to investors and businesses, but they all want to go to Europe how do you explain that?

The only rational thing I've come up with is this is an inferiority complex thing. They validate themselves with been Europe Returnees, like it makes them cool or something.

That said,with 70% of the returnees from Edo this is clearly an Edo problem,its time to start looking at people in Italy with no degree with one eye
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2017
imhotep:

Yes yes.
He will vote APC and then run away to Libya again.
Sai barbarian crew grin
hahahaha you mean after shouting sai baba he will run back to Libya
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Missmossy(f): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2017
Nawa oooo! This one still went through another slave Trade market after his first one. Obviously he didn't learn his lesson, i don't pity people like this. Thank God he survived it he wants to go to Europe grin grin gullible Nigerians i tire for people like this.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by phineas: 10:58am On Dec 04, 2017
kay29000:
They had a car accident in SAHARA DESERT? Please, what did they jam? A mirage?

This is a great joke, nice one, they jammed Mirage....but jokes aside, lots of people die in the desert, engine failure etc

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by cybriz82(m): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2017
iambijo:
Greed ! Imaging this niggah can even save 10k monthly and from better living standard southern Nigeria, still embark on journey to cross tru a lawless country that's run by bandits,tribal warlords and wicked people, up till now i didn't come across any person from war ravaged borno,yobe or adamawa that's risking his life to europe, guy i don't feel ur pain i just feel sorry for you.

Dude no even b like person wey no see food chop, d face still fresh,he even save 10k monthly and can't even help mama with small cash to start a business,

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 04, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
hahahaha you mean after shouting sai baba he will run back to Libya
Yes.
He will run back to Libya in chains
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by kay29000(m): 11:01am On Dec 04, 2017
phineas:

This is a great joke, nice one, they jammed Mirage....but jokes aside, lots of people die in the desert, engine failure etc

Yeah, I know people die from starvation, dehydration, and as you said, car engine failure... But car accident? Nah! That's a lie.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Iruosonobrugwhe: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2017
as we speak, some are planning to leave this week. It have tay e start

chauvinist:
......... When a picture of Mr. Imasuen’s emaciated condition was
circulated in his local community, they managed to come
together to raise the money to secure his freedom in March

After gaining his freedom, he attempted to travel to Tripoli,
hoping to join the thousands of illegal migrants who would
brave the sea to try and reach Italy by boat.

“I didn’t even get to Tripoli before I was caught and taken to
prison. I met more than 10,000 Nigerians there. We only eat
once a day there – one piece of bread. I would drink salt
water.”......

Even after regaining his freedom, he still made another attempt that got him right back to prison.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DESPERATION

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Tamakay(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2017
The level of gullibility in majority of Nigerian youths cannot even be compared to jellyfish; one creature I know God created without brain.

Now we are hypocritically raining insult on Libya meanwhile the slave trade started right here in Nigeria in Edo State.

Dismantle the cartel in Edo State.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by cybriz82(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

I don't advise it but you have no rights to judge a desperate man.
u dey call me Person idiot,Dude never attack u but u don begin dry shake.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 04, 2017
Nwoke na ije.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by phineas: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2017
kay29000:

Yeah, I know people die from starvation, dehydration, and as you said, car engine failure... But car accident? Nah! That's a lie.

Ok, what if they hit a sand dune, or a snake, or cacti, or hidden stuff in the sand that spoils their tires, anything is possible in the Libya desert

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

You think 10k is money? How long will it take for him to live an average life, get married and fulfill his dreams if he can only get a 10k savings on a full time monthly hustle?
Pray make bad thing no do you. Some people are comfortable in penury, it's not a crime if others aren't.

Agent of deception, I see you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Directed By The Police To Write A Statement: What You Should Know / 40-Year-Old Man Rapes 60-Year-Old Woman In Ogun (Photos) / Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.