Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! (432 Views)

Instagram Deletes Linda Ikeji’s Blog Account / Linda Ikeji: "No Boob Surgery, A Good Bra Can Do The Magic" / Linda Ikeji Interviewed By CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by 411Scope: 4:40am On Dec 04, 2017
Has Linda Ikeji Lost It? LIB loses over 6000 unique daily visitors, drops ten places in Alexa Rankings!!
Things are obviously not going very well for the Queen of Blogging in Nigeria. It is no secret that Linda Ikeji inspired most of the bloggers we have in Nigeria today, while some have her as their role model.
Image result for picture of linda ikeji looking sad

But it seems things are not as rosy as they used to be, there has been a drastic drop in visitors in the number of visitors on Linda Ikeji's blog. In 2015 LIB overtook Nairaland, its close competitor on the Alexa Ranking list, when that happened it seemed to everyone that LIB had conquered the Nigerian web.

Just when we were getting used to visiting LIB every morning for our daily dosages of news, we were always looking forward to reading the comments section as that was where the real sh*t goes on. When LIB was still LIB, on each post there were always like 300-400 comments.

But now LIB is always empty, it seems like a deserted blog, you would hard pressed to find a post with 100 comments. After taking note of all these, I checked the 2017 Alexa ranking; and lo and behold my fear was confirmed.

LIB was now ranked 24th in Nigeria, she fell 11 places from her 2015 spot. It was surprising and shocking too, almost instinctively checked Nairaland's ranking and i discovered that Nairaland was ranked 10th in Nigeria.

I wonder why this mass exodus from LIB happened? Then it occurred to me that it must have happened from a reason or a multitude of reasons.

LIB has become too crowded with adverts, it has become unresponsive, slow and even mentally stressful as there are too many things competing for your attraction.

Just asking "HAS AUNTY LINDA LOST IT"

1 Like

Re: Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by 411Scope: 4:43am On Dec 04, 2017
Re: Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by princeade86(m): 4:51am On Dec 04, 2017
so she should not advertise what they pay for abi?
Re: Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by Teacher1776(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2017
I don't think its the adverts. I think that success has made her complacent.
Re: Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by fergieboy: 6:06am On Dec 04, 2017
Stopped visiting her blog for the last 2years... Instagram ti take over...
Re: Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by Samusu(m): 6:21am On Dec 04, 2017
Nairaland remains my numero uno any day any time.

Well done Seun

2 Likes

Re: Visitng Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Mentally Stressful- Too Many Ads!!! by Foxrain: 6:28am On Dec 04, 2017
It's very realistic that her site would fade over time.
Blame it on the popularity of instagram (instablog ) and the lack of interactions which can be obtained from Nairaland and co.

(1) (Reply)

After Firing Jacob…. Meet Bobrisky’s New Gateman, Titus / Funnier Than Mark Angel Comedy / Tunde Ednut Releases Exclusive Photo Of Bobrisky Being Arrestedby Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.