Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku (522 Views)

I Saw My Statement For The First Time Before Tribunal, Says Atiku’s Witness / I’ll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge Because Of My Wife, Says Atiku / It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by ajaniepp: 6:47am On Dec 04, 2017
Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/will-defeat-buhari-2019-says-atiku/

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who recently resigned as a member of the All Progressives Congress, has said that he would defeat Buhari should the latter contest against him in the 2019 presidential election.

Atiku was quoted as saying this during an interview with Dele Momodu, which was part of his weekly column titled, ‘Pendulum’, published in The Boss Magazine.

He said there currently existed in the country a widespread disenchantment with the Buhari government and that he (Atiku) would defeat him in the election.

He added, “I will definitely beat him this time. He has wasted a lot of his massive goodwill. A lot of people are disgruntled but they are keeping quiet and lying low. Our youths are suffering terribly. They are even now being sold into slavery.

“Everyone knows my track record of inviting and attracting a good team and giving them the opportunity to work professionally. Nigerians are tired of leaders who cannot think big and work big.”

While insisting that he hadn’t yet joined any political party, Atiku stated that the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party were mounting pressure on him to join the party.

He said the only way the PDP would be able to restore its faded glory was to pick a formidable candidate.

“Nothing is absolutely certain in this life, but the PDP needs a candidate with the brightest chance and that can only come from someone who has major experience, exposure and knowledge about running an economy; who is a nationalist and not a sectionalist and whose brand cannot be intimidated in anyway by that of the current President.

“If the PDP picks a weak candidate, then the party is doomed. Some of those, whose names are being touted and bandied about, have not grown beyond their immediate domains,” he added.

The former vice-president said Buhari had become a dictator of sorts in the APC such that nothing could be done without his permission, arguing that that was why the party had failed to progress in the last two years.

He said he had advised the APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, to make some changes, claiming that the APC chairman continually refused to take action.

Atiku added, “After Buhari won the election, he was no longer interested in the party that made him President. Every activity stopped and not even the party chairman, Chief John Oyegun, could take any decision.

“I called Chief Oyegun a few times to tell him that our party was dying slowly but he told me that he would not do anything unless he got a clearance from the President.

“At a stage, I gathered about 18 prominent members and began to meet in the hope that we can re-energise party activities, but some people lied to the President that I wanted to use the forum to launch my presidential campaign.

“That forum became simply dead on arrival. No BoT (Board of Trustees), no NEC (National Executive Committee) meetings, as stipulated in our constitution.

“The party became a one-man property. Everyone grumbles behind the President but they are too timid to raise a voice against the illegalities being perpetuated. I should be bold enough to know what I want, and can do so at my age. So, I decided to leave.”

Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by Abbeysunday(m): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2017
I laugh in spanish.....Heheheheheheheheh

Even sai baba's shadow wud defeat u if he doesn't feel like going again come 2019

Abeg oga shut up and shift make i pass

FTC atlast
Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by Mynd44: 6:59am On Dec 04, 2017
Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by Oluwabusobomi(f): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2017
Abbeysunday:
I laugh in spanish.....Heheheheheheheheh

Even sai baba's shadow wud defeat u if he doesn't feel like going again come 2019

Abeg oga shut up and shift make i pass

FTC atlast

U guys are doing a good job

Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by duduade: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2017
I don't know the religious mallams deceiving you... Have you developed your local government?? Does Nigeria look like your University in Adamawa which is only for the rich and the Boko Haram kidnapped girls
Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by LasGidiOwner: 7:29am On Dec 04, 2017
#ATIKU GO..we are solidly behind you.

1 Like

Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by cozyfbaby: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Fayose declaration is unhealthy, i may also run for 2019-Makarfi explode

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has hinted that he will seek the 2019 Presidential ticket of the party.

Makarfi gave the hint in an interview published in the current edition of The Interview Magazine.

Makarfi said, By the time I leave as a caretaker committee chairman on December 9 or 10, there will still be 10 months to the party primaries.

By any law or the partys guidelines, Im not excluded.

He further said that Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayoses declaration of interest in the partys presidential ticket, is uncalled for and unhealthy.

Read more here: http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/politics/fayose-declaration-unhealthy-may-also-run-2019-makarfi-explode/

Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by agwom(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2017
Sai Atiku 2019
Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by otil1: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2017
For those who mat have missed the key points, pls check the boldened

ajaniepp:

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who recently resigned as a member of the All Progressives Congress, has said that he would defeat Buhari should the latter contest against him in the 2019 presidential election.

Atiku was quoted as saying this during an interview with Dele Momodu, which was part of his weekly column titled, ‘Pendulum’, published in The Boss Magazine.

He said there currently existed in the country a widespread disenchantment with the Buhari government and that he (Atiku) would defeat him in the election.

He added, “I will definitely beat him this time. He (PMB)has wasted a lot of his massive goodwill. A lot of people are disgruntled but they are keeping quiet and lying low. Our youths are suffering terribly. They are even now being sold into slavery.

“Everyone knows my track record of inviting and attracting a good team and giving them the opportunity to work professionally. Nigerians are tired of leaders who cannot think big and work big.”

While insisting that he hadn’t yet joined any political party, Atiku stated that the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party were mounting pressure on him to join the party.

He said the only way the PDP would be able to restore its faded glory was to pick a formidable candidate.

“Nothing is absolutely certain in this life, but the PDP needs a candidate with the brightest chance and that can only come from someone who has major experience, exposure and knowledge about running an economy; who is a nationalist and not a sectionalist and whose brand cannot be intimidated in anyway by that of the current President.

“If the PDP picks a weak candidate, then the party is doomed. Some of those, whose names are being touted and bandied about, have not grown beyond their immediate domains,” he added.

The former vice-president said Buhari had become a dictator of sorts in the APC such that nothing could be done without his permission, arguing that that was why the party had failed to progress in the last two years.

He said he had advised the APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, to make some changes, claiming that the APC chairman continually refused to take action.

Atiku added, “After Buhari won the election, he was no longer interested in the party that made him President. Every activity stopped and not even the party chairman, Chief John Oyegun, could take any decision.

“I called Chief Oyegun a few times to tell him that our party was dying slowly but he told me that he would not do anything unless he got a clearance from the President.

“At a stage, I gathered about 18 prominent members and began to meet in the hope that we can re-energise party activities, but some people lied to the President that I wanted to use the forum to launch my presidential campaign.

“That forum became simply dead on arrival. No BoT (Board of Trustees), no NEC (National Executive Committee) meetings, as stipulated in our constitution.

“The party became a one-man property. Everyone grumbles behind the President but they are too timid to raise a voice against the illegalities being perpetuated. I should be bold enough to know what I want, and can do so at my age. So, I decided to leave.”

Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by Khd95(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2017
Recycled thief's na im all of una be

Even Buhari sef
Re: I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019, Says Atiku by tishbite41(m): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2017
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable, Says Fayose / 2019: Atiku Has No Clout, Lost To Kwankwaso, Lost Election In His Ward – Junaid / Thank You Abacha: Nigeria Lost $50m To Get Back Just One Bit Of Your Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.