Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! (3675 Views)

Babatude Fashola During Ministerial Screening Today (Photo) / Senate Begins Probe Of Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Others Over Funds Mismanagement / Service Chiefs Arrive Senate For Their Screening Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by bolseas(f): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
@chosen

she mistakenly called him KANTO BELLO, and the man  started protesting, only he was nt carrying placard

@sandee,
bcs of that singular action, it shows she holds no grudges against the Baby Senator.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by 9ja4eva: 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
Wow na wa oh.WHere person wan watch this screening online?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by nduogu(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
I believe she'll scale through. Am not surprised at the show of emotion by Senator Kanti Bello.It just proves that his likes are ready to have her head at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by sultan003(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
"When the president of the senate stands up all senators must keep quite"
Power pass power cheesy cheesy.

Senator kunti bello was really angry and was very ready for dora today, when he saw that his first question wasn't going to affect dora,
He brought up the federal character issue, which might be her downfall.

Apart from the senators from the south, i think david mark was also supporting her.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by marvix(m): 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
@bluetooth yes Dora is bein recycled. Is recycling bad?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by soldee: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
All appointments go to Anambra Central, but have the others complained?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by chosen04(f): 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
soldee:

All appointments go to Anambra Central, but have the others complained?

^^^^Who are the "others" here?

^^^But is it fair?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by redsun(m): 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
The screening of thieves by hardcore thives,it's a pity nigeria is going downhill while the people still make news of the animals.

The screning of thieves by hardcore thives.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by Arysexy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
Senator Kanti Bello has really shown how timid an average northerner is when faced by an equally intimidating southerner in debatable issues, what on earth was he saying about Prof dora cooking for Yar adua? where did he get that info from? this is the kind of charlattans we have as senators, their duty is to always shout NAY even when important national issues are being discussed. I taught he would ave confronted dora on her performance on the job rather than taking things personal, they did not even allow her to explain or answer the questions asked her, showing there has been a calculated attempt by the sharia advocates to sideline Dora bc they see her as a challenge to them, also it is pertinent to note that the south east caucus immediately fixed a meeting possibly to chat a cause on how to counter the northern agenda or take their own pound of flesh when a northern nominee will appear for screening.

This is naija for u, i still believe Dora will make it weather the likes of KANTI BELLo like it or not, Dora is not like their slave wives they keep indoor while committing attrocities outside.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by Meldrick(m): 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
chosen04:

^^^^Who are the "others" here?

^^^But is it fair?

What do we mean by fairness or not been fair. Is it a Northerner that will cry for the people of Anambra. They have not complained meaning they are okay with it. We shouldn't be talking about zoning but credible leaders.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by icez: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Dora is our HERO!!!, Kanti Bello is stupid
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by chosen04(f): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
Meldrick:

What do we mean by fairness or not been fair. Is it a Northerner that will cry for the people of Anambra. They have not complained meaning they are okay with it. We shouldn't be talking about zoning but credible leaders.

Does it take tribe to complain about fairness?

You cant even answer a simple question b/4 you start with your ranting

Whats wrong in a northerner bringing to notice of every body of a noticed in-balance(Let me not use better fitting words) in the system?

Is fairness and federal character not in the constitution of this nation again? Do you want us to over look it cos DORA is involved?

Why not 1st fight to expunge federal charcter from our constitution if u are not comfort with it rather than support ilegalilty cos your DORA is involved!
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by sultan003(m): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
Nobody is complaining from Anambra, Kunti bello was just complaining because dora was on the hot seat. if it was Aneinh's wife, fear go let am complain.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
Kunti/Kanti Bello has just shown that he is one of the previously faceless cabal. The boot-lickers of the Yar'adua family.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by ebor(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2010
Meldrick:

Meldrick u're absolutely correct. This zoning and federal character nonsense have accounted for our underdevelopment coz we often end up wit round pegs in squared holes. even if they are all frm one area in Anambra state, are the people of Anambra complaining? it's high time we stoped this sacrifice of merit and performance on the alter  of fair representation.America is where they are 2day coz leaders emerge on the strength of what they can offer rather than on where they come from or what faith or religion they belong to; Obama is a classical example. And why are people saying Dora will still appear 2mrw, it's like i heared the senate president told her 2take her bow and leave. I am proud of her- she was composed, cool, calm and collected even in the face of unecessary antagonism of Kanti Bello against her.The cabals, which Sen Kanti is obviously a member, will not succeed in stoping her re-appointment.They should go and hide their heads in shame for underestimating the collective will and intelligence of naija. naija is not katsina, where they had their way for 8 years.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by 006(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ chosen04, what's your problem with Anambra?
We, the people of Anambra, want the best not where the person comes from, so shut the fck up!
Do you think Anambra people are as stupid as the rest of Nigeria and their retarded Federal Character?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by omiyaleboy(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
I think the senate or whatever needs to be properly organised and maybe motivated, they are disgracing us and also annoying, most of them are not qualified to be there, acting unusual and irritating. They all needs to go to school of ADVANCE MENTALITY.
Holler,
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by biina: 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
006:

@ chosen04, what's your problem with Anambra?
We, the people of Anambra, want the best not where the person comes from, so shut the fck up!
Do you think Anambra people are as silly as the rest of Nigeria and their retarded Federal Character?
Yet you sing a different tune when the shoe is on the other foot undecided
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2010
dora dora dora dora!
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by saviola24: 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
you people shud forget abt sen. kanti barawo,he is a bloody sycophant.he took d whole issue far too personal and was prepared 4 dora akunyili bt God has proven hm wrong.if men where God,i knw dora wil be vindicated
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:19am On Mar 30, 2010
Lol. . . I caught Dora's screening on TV. Senator Kanti Bello really dazed Dora no be small o. tongue grin She was so flustered she kept on muttering 'sorry sir' like se the guy na her boss grin tongue
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by 006(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2010
Yet you sing a different tune when the shoe is on the other foot  Undecided

When and where?

The least you'll hear in Anambra is zoning. As far as I'm concerned, Federal Character and its princples are for retards.

Lol. . . I caught Dora's screening on TV. Senator Kanti Bello really dazed Dora no be small o. Tongue Grin She was so flustered she kept on muttering 'sorry sir' like se the guy na her boss Grin Tongue

That's all he could do; shout like a mad man. Anyway, his 15 mins of notoriety is over.
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by gidig(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2010
I wept for this country when I heard that Senator Kanti's drama. How did an obviously daft individual like that make it to the senate of a country in the first place? He had no intelligent question for Professor Dora- who was obviously more learned and intelligent than he is. Is this the best the Cabal can muster? shouting at people? their time is up in Nigeria. People of Northern extraction will do well to look for people who ave basic intelligence to represent them. There are also lots of idiots from the South but at least, they can hold a decent conversation!
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by saworoide: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2010
I'm afraid for this country. There is so much hatred and animosity in the land. Take even Nairaland for example, you raise a national issue for discussion and before a page is full, the topic will be twisted completely to an ethnic or religious debate with people insulting one another.

The country is almost 50 years and yet we can't agree to live together. The Federal Character issue shows lack of mutual trust and that we should not have been lumped together as a country. gadafi may be right afterall,
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by gentlegg(m): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2010
saworoide:

I'm afraid for this country. There is so much hatred and animosity in the land. Take even Nairaland for example, you raise a national issue for discussion and before a page is full, the topic will be twisted completely to an ethnic or religious debate with people insulting one another.

The country is almost 50 years and yet we can't agree to live together. The Federal Character issue shows lack of mutual trust and that we should not have been lumped together as a country. gadafi may be right afterall,
gadafi is damn right afterall
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by bolseas(f): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2010
Ministerial Nominnee Screening has commenced, 11:30

Nominnee #4- Godswill Orubebe - Delta State
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by bolseas(f): 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
Nominee # 5- Arc. Nuhu Wya (Fmr Mins of state power) - Kaduna State
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by agabaI23(m): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2010
Are they that fast? Two people already?

It appears they finished with Dora yesterday?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by Meldrick(m): 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Lol. . . I caught Dora's screening on TV. Senator Kanti Bello really dazed Dora no be small o. tongue grin She was so flustered she kept on muttering 'sorry sir' like se the guy na her boss grin tongue

Are u sure u watched or maybe u were hallucinating?
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by rebranded(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
i'm watching this on tv now, our senators look like jokers!
Re: Senate Begins Ministerial Screening Today! by yemmight(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
So whats the latest please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

“labaran Maku, Most Corrupt Federal Minister” – Presidency / Court Stops Zamfara PDP From Holding Congress / Greater Joy As Urhobo Welcome Kanu P.a. In Ovwian Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.