|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,885,207 members, 6,931,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 08:58 AM
|Think Before You Speak by fynex(m): 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2017|
You vote a govt that collects your money (taxes) before the salary gets to your hand, yet in your wondrously, wonderful intelligence, you are on facebook shouting that pastors should
*build schools for free education
*build houses for people to live in
*bring back Nigerians from Libya
*give free food to the poor
*give free money for people to do business
Because some people willingly give 10% to the church. Yet the government collects 30-40% as taxes but I don't see us harassing politicians.
See, it will be great to borrow sense. Think before you speak.
For every pastor you hear doing a good thing in society, there are hundreds more that you hear nothing about.
But ultimately, the purpose of church is not to be a charity organisation. Church is a lot more. The church can do charity but it is not a charity organisation. It can do business seminars but it is not a business school...
|Re: Think Before You Speak by otipoju(m): 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2017|
1. From time immemorial, religion and politics have been Siamese twins joined at the hip with each sphere having a tremendous influence on the other.
2. According to God in Malachi 3:9-12, the purpose of tithing and offerings is " so that there will be food in my house" implying that the contributions of church members are meant to benefit the less privileged such as (the poor, orphaned and widows). then church workers and finally the Pastor and his family...Tithes and offerings were not meant to enrich the Pastor at the expense of the less privileged members of the church.
3.Now in Nigeria we have a situation where full-time Pastors who have no jobs or other sources of income claim that they are rich and flaunt their wealth in the face of their members when we know that the money they are flaunting is the contribution of the members of the church that has been entrusted in their care.
4. The ideal thing is that rather than Pastor controlling the finances of the church, he should be placed on a salary just like the remaining church workers and the tithes and offerings be put to use for its original purpose as ordained by God.
5. There is no other word for this action than embezzlement in high places...because even God says in the book of psalms that he does not eat sacrifices but is pleased by a humble and contrite heart that helps those that are in need.Thus God's priority is that we worship him and show our love for him by taking care of the less privileged in the society. LOVE OF GOD IS A VERB.
6. Now if Pastors and government officials are embezzling what has been entrusted to them to manage, it is only natural that people will hold them into account as their eyes begin to open to what is really happening.
7. As to why people are holding the Pastors to account and pressuring them... this is why. If two thieves come to your house to steal and one of them is armed with a gun and the other is not and comes with his bare hands,...you will try and catch the un-armed one first.
Pastors and Government officials are both thieves. Government is the armed robber while Pastors are the petty thieves.
|Re: Think Before You Speak by EmperorHarry: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2017|
otipoju:Lmao...so on point
|Re: Think Before You Speak by 0temSapien: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2017|
fynex:so what is the purpose of church?
|Re: Think Before You Speak by fynex(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2017|
The purpose of the modern church in the life of the 21st-century believer is critical because it fills a void only the church can. If a car needs fixing, it is brought to the mechanic shop. If someone is sick, the health center or hospital is the best place to seek medical attention. Church is where people should go if they are in need of a “spiritual fix.” The curch is really a hospital for sinners and not an exclusive club for saints.
So why would someone want to attend church? Regardless of what is said about churches, people expect that their life problems can be addressed in some fashion or form. With all the weight and pressures of their world weighing down on their minds, people expect the church to provide Bible-based answers that no other institution can provide.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75