Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,099 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States (4738 Views)

Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen / Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… / I Am No Criminal, I Did Special Jobs For Wike ~ Tompolo: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Naijabash(m): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
The United States Department of Justice has denied having any record that indicates that Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has a pending lawsuit in the US.

In an email to our correspondent on Friday, a spokesperson for the US DOJ, Peter Carr said, “Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked the public court records, and they do not show cases filed against a defendant named Atiku Abubakar.”This was stated as a response to Punch Newspaper’s request for information on whether Abubakar is wanted in the US in connection with any issue of money laundering.

The mail also asked the department to confirm whether Abubakar has been banned from entering the US and if there is any court case against him concerning the Halliburton scandal which resulted in the conviction of a US lawmaker, William Jefferson.

Asked if it is true that the ex-vice president (now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress) was banned from entering the US, the American official said the issue was confidential.

He said, “Visa issues are confidential under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If your question is specifically about entry – not about visas per se – I would refer you to the US Customs and Border Protection.”

Last week, Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, had implied that Abubakar was avoiding a visit to the US because he might be charged with a case of money laundering.

He reacted to Abubakar’s interview which he granted to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s quarterly publication, Zero Tolerance, where he had accused the Kaduna governor of corruption by offering him Transcorp’s shares.
Published in Punch Newspaper of November 20th, 2016 >> http://naijabizcom.com/2017/12/04/no-criminal-case-exist-against-atiku-in-our-records-united-states/

5 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by SalamRushdie: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
Case closed ..its clear the US wants change in the leadership of our country

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Nwodosis(m): 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by BLSYNG: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Good one. 2018 will be interesting. I like America's body language. The same body language they showed GEJ. When they come out to clear the air like this, it shows the direction their support is tilted. Buhari's failure is not going unnoticed even beyond the shores of Nigeria.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by python1: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
All these yama yama defence no be am. Atichukwu, take the next available flight to New York.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by zombieHUNTER: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
python1:
All these yama yama defence no be am. Atichukwu, take the next available flight to New York.

E pain am grin grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Celcius: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
Okayyyy....I needed a somewhat more reliable source.
Good for him.
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/we-dont-have-any-criminal-case-against-atiku-us/

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by georjay(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
okay
Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by id911(m): 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hahahahahaha... sarrki will be hiding inside toilet now

Ego be like film for their eyes, dem no understand weti dey go underground

Meanwhile ATIKULATE2019 loading...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Airforce1(m): 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
It's now obvious USA wants Atiku to succeed Buhari

20 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Desyner: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2017
Buhari's dullness is changing minds.

9 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Buhari ..time is UP angry
Oyegun and his APC stalewart oya time to follow your master and leave undecided
Tinubu and his Cohort in power start picking and packing

Useless party embarassed embarassed embarassed

9 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by swagagolic01(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
Atiku is cool,

Let's all atikulate in 2019

23 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by orion7: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
lol since the days of John the Baptist the kingdom suffereth violence. and the violent taketh it by force.

I will atikulate come 2019 insha allah

16 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by orion7: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
python1:

zombies be like well we still have ipob matters to masturbate on

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
BLSYNG:
Good one. 2018 will be interesting. I like America's body language. The same body language they showed GEJ. When they come out to clear the air like this, it shows the direction their support is tilted. Buhari's failure is not going unnoticed even beyond the shores of Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin
Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Samusu(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hmmm
Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by orion7: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
buhari you are a shame to the people that brought you in.
renovate your house in daura for in 2019 you shall retire. your mumu don do

11 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by iamJ(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Case closed ..its clear the US wants change in the leadership of our country
did you even check and see if the news u are reading is true?
Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by swagagolic01(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
iamJ:
did you even check and see if the news u are reading is true?

When and where has the United States government said they have a case against ATIKU

9 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by DLondonboiy: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
U.S. is IPOB - ngeneukwnu.

12 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by iamJ(m): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
swagagolic01:

When and where has the United States government said they have a case against ATIKU
this thread isnt the united states government
Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by zoedew: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Naijabash:

The United States Department of Justice has denied having any record that indicates that Nigeria’s former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has a pending lawsuit in the US.

In an email to our correspondent on Friday, a spokesperson for the US DOJ, Peter Carr said, “Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked the public court records, and they do not show cases filed against a defendant named Atiku Abubakar.”This was stated as a response to Punch Newspaper’s request for information on whether Abubakar is wanted in the US in connection with any issue of money laundering.

The mail also asked the department to confirm whether Abubakar has been banned from entering the US and if there is any court case against him concerning the Halliburton scandal which resulted in the conviction of a US lawmaker, William Jefferson.

Asked if it is true that the ex-vice president (now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress) was banned from entering the US, the American official said the issue was confidential.

He said, “Visa issues are confidential under section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If your question is specifically about entry – not about visas per se – I would refer you to the US Customs and Border Protection.”

Last week, Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, had implied that Abubakar was avoiding a visit to the US because he might be charged with a case of money laundering.

He reacted to Abubakar’s interview which he granted to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s quarterly publication, Zero Tolerance, where he had accused the Kaduna governor of corruption by offering him Transcorp’s shares.
Published in Punch Newspaper of November 20th, 2016 >> http://naijabizcom.com/2017/12/04/no-criminal-case-exist-against-atiku-in-our-records-united-states/

“Abubakar Case History. From 2000 to 2008, Jennifer Douglas, a U.S. citizen and the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President and former candidate for President of Nigeria, helped her husband bring over $40 million in suspect funds into the United States through wire transfers sent by offshore corporations to U.S. bank accounts. In a 2008 civil complaint, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged that Ms. Douglas received over $2 million in bribe payments in 2001 and 2002, from Siemens AG, a major German corporation. While Ms. Douglas denies wrongdoing, Siemens has already pled guilty to U.S. criminal charges and settled civil charges related to bribery and told the Subcommittee that it sent the payments to one of her U.S. accounts. In 2007, Mr. Abubakar was the subject of corruption allegations in Nigeria related to the Petroleum Technology Development Fund.”
This is an excerpt from The US Senate Report on Foreign Corruption in US. Read between the lines and it should soon be apparent that the moment Abubakar Atiku steps foot on US soil he’s game for US Prosecutors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by Marcelo290(m): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
Atiku? I blame Buhari for this. The mere fact that people are considering Atiku is surprising to me. But hence the present disposition of things has failed, people now envisage things would be better with just anyone apart from the Fulani man from Daura.

I pray I forgive Buhari someday.

10 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by codedguy1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
The back and forth with information has begun.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by PointZerom: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
madridguy NgeneUkwenu Sarrki python1 abeg make una tell Hilary Clinton to return the $500m given to him by Buhari during the US presidential campaign.

Madridguy I have mentioned you again.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by PointZerom: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
python1:

NgeneUkwenu Sarrki madridguy

12 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by madridguy(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by madridguy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
Please stop spamming me on useless thread like this. Please let it stop.

PointZerom:

NgeneUkwenu Sarrki madridguy

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by PointZerom: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
BLSYNG:

The present US govt won't forgive Buhari for supporting Hilary Clinton with $500m.

10 Likes

Re: No Criminal Case Exist Against Atiku In Our Records — United States by PointZerom: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
madridguy:
Please stop spamming me on useless thread like this. Please let it stop.

If it didn't stop what will you do?.

You're pained that the news didn't favour you.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3)

President Buhari Commissions Mango As Part Of His Working Visit To Jigawa(photo) / #endsars: Lady Shot In The Mouth During End SARS Protest (graphic) / Anyone Seen Outside During Sit At Home Should Be Killed - Nnamdi Kanu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.