Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) (33304 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Rev Lucy Natasha: Bodyguards, Security Details Of Kenyan Female Pastor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by mickeymimi: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
ebenholer:

Association of theologians can only interprete bible to those that are feeding on milk but not on solid food of the spirit. Those that are rooted in God are lead by Holy Spirit to have a clear revelation of the scriptures/Bible. U as a person suppose to have grown to the level of asking God for a clear revelation on this.

YOu dont really know me sir...but I do agree with The Association of Christian Theologians on the topic.

Can you please explain your own clear revelation on it and we take it from there...

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by BCISLTD: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
sucess001:
My own question to Apostle is this...

If Nigerian police were the biblical version of the desciples, who is the biblical version of Stephanie Otobo?

Mary madaglane

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
just a lay man talk from Florence sex scandals to tithe payments with daddy freeze, now you have come again with bodyguard and Jesus Christ. . .when will this man be tired of controversies and unwarranted media attention?. .well let God judge each one of us here on earth....Amen!
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by danvon(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
There was nothing wrong with being armed in olden days it's in dis sick generation where carrying a gun is a bad thing but that doesn't make them bodyguards
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by BluntBoy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
wildernessVoice:

John 18:10 (KJV) Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

The disciples had just two swords between them and it was not to protect Jesus. Jesus told them to buy swords because He wanted to fulfil the prophesy in Isaiah 53:12.

Suleman is a fraud. And he just exposed himself as someone that is inadequately equipped with the Word of God.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by pstnicodemus(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:
ok... your members are covered by the blood of Jesus why u seek refuge in npf... Well-done sir.... these peeps r politicians or worse sef
three bottles of Orijin for u on my account
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by HeyCorleone(m): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
Playz:

You don't speak against a man of God... whether he's right or not..

Like hell I'd speak against a man of God. Is he not a mortal man? So why the needless halo surrounding them? Oh we should leave everything for God why they continue cheating and filling the heads of their gullible members with lies? That is an aberration. God gave us brain to think. To distinguish between right and wrong and to speak against the wrong, not to be saying "touch not my anointed". How are we sure they were anointed in the first place?!

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by Dawinlove(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
WotzupNG:

Apostle Suleiman of Omega Fire Ministries has spoken on the issue of people who love to criticize Pastors.

In the video below, he is seen saying that if Jesus Christ was around he would have been criticized by such people.

Apostle Suleiman further explained that the disciples of Jesus were armed meaning they played the role of bodyguards. This he said to explain the reason why he was with a policeman as his guard in a picture that went viral sparking up debate.

http://www.purplefeel.com/2017/12/the-disciples-jesus-armed-apostle-suleiman.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzAN8b__31Q&feature=youtu.be

Am a christian but wait

the disciples were annointed,they were sent preachers,ate with christ, Jesus watch there feet etc,

who is a policeman?

the bible said greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world...... does that mean we should put our trust in men for security?

where is our faith and strength?

Am just asking ni o..not judging maybe an expert should explain
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Nonsense talk from a false prophet looking for ways to justify his obvious wrong doings.

The disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ were not bodyguards. Anyone making such statement is only insulting Jesus cos he never hired any bodyguard.

Why would anyone need a bodyguard? Is it not to protect you from getting hurt or KILLED?

If apostle Suleiman says Jesus had armed bodyguards, then what he's saying in essence is that Jesus didn't know what he came to do on earth.

Peter cut off the high priest's servant's ear - with a sword - when they came to arrest Jesus. (John 18:10)

Back in the day, during "Stations of The Cross", in Igbo, there was this line, from Jesus, I found quite funny: "Peter, tinye nma gi n'obo..." ("Peter, sheath your sword"wink.
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by uglodoh(f): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
Who are those that listen to this Men of men. Jesus had body guard?. I SMH to this fraudter. Jesus had guards and it was so easy for those who came to arrest him kissed before Peter reacted.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by stankezzy: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
One funny thing is after all these name calling and jealousy he holds crusade thousands still attend , una no de tire?, make una change pattern naa, this one no de work again , u people are makeing him more popular , it is not about him , it is the anointing he caries , that's why people are gathering to see him , you can never fight against the prick/turn or fire
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by youngpresidooo: 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
reading all the comments here I discovered that many of you hardly read your Bible, the man who was blind who shouted Christ name and was prevented by who?
Peter cut off someone here. Christ was in support of tithe only that you must not leave the weightier matters. matt23:23. Jesus collected money, he had a treasurer where did it get his money from abet. stop all this baseless criticism and read ur bible. although all of u just want to agree to what u feel like n leaving facts. Bible already said it in romans 1 that you pple would only want to listen to what you like but not d truth. eph 4:16-20 is my word for xtians agreeing to all these trash by unbelievers
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by Keneeby(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Nonsense talk from a false prophet looking for ways to justify his obvious wrong doings.

The disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ were not bodyguards. Anyone making such statement is only insulting Jesus cos he never hired any bodyguard.

Why would anyone need a bodyguard? Is it not to protect you from getting hurt or KILLED?

If apostle Suleiman says Jesus had armed bodyguards, then what he's saying in essence is that Jesus didn't know what he came to do on earth.

Our Lord Jesus Christ came to earth to die for our sins. He knew that and spoke of how the event will go. Keeping bodyguards will mean he was preventing himself from facing his destiny and assignment. No wonder he rebuked Peter when he used a knife to cut of the ear of one of the men among the soldiers that came to arrest Jesus before home was killed. Have you ever seen any man prevent his bodyguards from doing their job of protecting him? No.

Moreover, the alleged bodyguards of Jesus Christ preached the gospel and even laid down their life for their master after he had ascended to heaven.

How many of the armed policemen and bodyguards of these false prophets do you see preaching the gospel like Peter, john, Mathew etc did?

None.

My brother don't worry soon God will give you a good job and you will testify.
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by mickeymimi: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2017
Are they preaching in a very hostile environment like in some part Saudi Arabia, China, or is it to protect their expensive suits and jewelries.

IMO> If anybody needed bodyguards, I think it would have been Jesus and some of the early disciples; because of their unpopular teachings and because they preached in hostile environments. Yet they didn’t. In fact, when Peter tried to act like Jesus’ bodyguard when He was arrested before His crucifixion, Jesus rebuked him for cutting off the ear of one of the men that came to arrest Him, and placed back the man’s ear.

For many of these preachers, having bodyguards is more or less an ego thing than it is for protection and because of their obsession to look and act like the world. Celebrities in the world have bodyguards, so why not these preachers who consider themselves as celebrities? They figured if having bodyguards portrays their celebrity status, then they might as well have them.

By the way, who pays for the bodyguards? Are they paid out of the preacher’s pocket or your tithes and offerings? I’d be interested to know.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by KENZINCO(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Our Lord Jesus Christ came to earth to die for our sins. He knew that and spoke of how the event will go. Keeping bodyguards will mean he was preventing himself from facing his destiny and assignment. No wonder he rebuked Peter when he used a knife to cut of the ear of one of the men among the soldiers that came to arrest Jesus before home was killed. Have you ever seen any man prevent his bodyguards from doing their job of protecting him? No.

Moreover, the alleged bodyguards of Jesus Christ preached the gospel and even laid down their life for their master after he had ascended to heaven.

How many of the armed policemen and bodyguards of these false prophets do you see preaching the gospel like Peter, john, Mathew etc did?

None.
U didn't even watch the video b4 talking
This is part of wat he was talking about
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by ebenholer(m): 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
mickeymimi:

YOu dont really know me sir...but I do agree with The Association of Christian Theologians on the topic.

Can you please explain your own clear revelation on it and we take it from there...
I have been undoubtedly revealed to that tithing is a necessity to cater for servants, pastors and preachers of Gods words, who have made preaching their all time professions(Levites). So giving it is a choice for the giver if only he or she deems it necessary to provide for God household, as this will automatically yield an interest and benefits for the giver. And this is what the book of Malachi affirms...
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by Damoche10: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
Can someone fax this mumu a hot dirty mopol slap? shocked shocked
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by ebenholer(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
BluntBoy:

The disciples had just two swords between them and it was not to protect Jesus. Jesus told them to buy swords because He wanted to fulfil the prophesy in Isaiah 53:12.

Suleman is a fraud. And he just exposed himself as someone that is inadequately equipped with the Word of God.
I am sure God himself revealed this to u. Exactly what we are to know that we are to seek God revelation in any confusing situation.
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by Adeagbo77: 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
This boy, sule or what's his name should go and sit down gently and enjoy the monies his magas are giving him as tithe/offerings

Fake pastors everywhere........ Igboro ti daru
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by BluntBoy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
ebenholer:

I am sure God himself revealed this to u. Exactly what we are to know that we are to seek God revelation in any confusing situation.

Revealed what? That the disciples were instructed to carry swords to fulfil a prophesy or that Suleman is a fraud? Which?
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by Smartii(m): 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
Funny part is all the rich GOs when they go out for functions, they use bodyguards..... All of em, entourage sef plenty pass church members for the big boy GOs.
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by charlsecy(m): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
pascal558:
!HIS DISCIPLE DREW OUT A SWORD[arm] TO CHOP OFF ONE OF D SOLDIER'S EAR!!hope the uppercase rang a bell??
If someone attacked your younger brother, and you came to his defence, did that make you his bodyguard?
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by BluntBoy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
Playz:
Well, you could say so . Although it wasn't explicitly stated in the Bible.
No, he can't say so.
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by drmuchin: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
The gospel according to Apostle Otobolizer Ch3 v 1
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by KushyKush: 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2017
Lalas247:

Ban
Three accounts gone sad

Where have you been?
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by mickeymimi: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
ebenholer:

I have been undoubtedly revealed to that tithing is a necessity to cater for servants, pastors and preachers of Gods words, who have made preaching their all time professions(Levites). So giving it is a choice for the giver if only he or she deems it necessary to provide for God household, as this will automatically yield an interest and benefits for the giver. And this is what the book of Malachi affirms...

Tithes and Giving are different ...please get it right.... No one said giving or donation to church is wrong ..Tithes is not for us.

Churches ask people to pay tithes and expect miracles .... what makes them think that without tithes that the gospel will stop . God can raise stones to propagate his message if pastor have faith.
Ministry work is not easy but you have to teach the right message and have the calling of God. YOu can still be a minister and have a job .God can raise people that will assist you.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
yes Paul taught that it is proper for a man who labors in the gospel to receive his support from the gospel . But for the sake of avoiding the charge that he was preaching for the money, Paul chose not to receive support from a new church where he was ministering[b] while he was there Instead, he supported himself by making tents[/b]. But if the funds came from another church outside the area, he would stop making tents and devote himself full time to the work of the ministry . Acts 18:1-11, 2 Cor. 11:7-12.

Paul never seemed to make his needs known, even as prayer requests, but trusted in the sovereign God to provide. When funds ran low, he would go back to work until God met the need. Paul’s focus was on preaching the gospel, not on his need for money. While he genuinely appreciated the gift from the Philippians, he was more excited about what it signified about their heart for God.

Do you know what
Paul must have taught the Philippians early on the importance of faithful giving to support those in Christian ministry, because soon after he left town, they sent gifts after him. They would have been just a few months old in the Lord, but they were already practising faithful giving not tithing.

I do not have a church yet but I listen to Dr Abels preaching and few others .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCR1ZQEc7A
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by tejiritex(m): 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2017
I just can't believe he is comparing himself to Jesus. Hahaha. He wants a new car from showroom. Olodo
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
How do people sit down and listen to these men everyday? Their explaimations about Jesus and the things of God keeps making me wonder if they read the same bible I have here.
A time will come when we will no longer go to church.
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by enemyofprogress: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
This man has lost it completely

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by BlackAce31(m): 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
Someone once said "It is better not to talk and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
Re: Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) by engrchykae(m): 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
tonio2wo:

so our very corrupt nigerian police who are sulaiman's bodyguard have all this power? you see how foolish you sound?
as intelligent as you are,you already judged that particular police officer as corrupt.
Folks like you asked for scriptural backing and i cited two instances then you started talking anyhow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.