Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says (7405 Views)

Disregard Rumour Of Impending Hike In Petrol Price - NNPC / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ / No Plans To Increase Petrol Price - NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Uyiii:
9ja shaundecided, in a total state of disarray, retrogressing everyday.
I remember when fuel subsidy was removed in goodlucks tenure and fuel sold for 87naira/litre, people were opening their wide ajegunle gutter smelling mouth shouting for his impeachment or better still wait till the end of his tenure and kick his ass out as it is evident now.
Where are these guys today, at a time in your Fulani messiah's tenure, fuel sold for 350/litre and these retards swallowed the price like egusi soup, some said he's tryna develop the oil sector and we need to suffer first to achieve that, see the bloody and lame defence.
Oil is sold for 145/litre now as a constant, everyone seems cool with it, if it was Jonathan's tenure, you'll see rambling idiots upandan, hey don't think I am partisan, don't have time to support any idiot, I am just saying it as it is and as a citizen.

we really need iron hand in 9ja sha, that's why God blessed us with buhari, in the next election, people will purchase sense if they're devoid of one and put it to optimal use befr voting.

Meanwhile dear Bubu, escalate this thing jor, why you think say Nigerians vote for you, we never see something reach abeg, if not we go vote for you again olipsrsealed

Flawed history again....

1.GEJ removed subsidy in 2012...and fuel went up from 65 to 140 naira...and yes, it was the right decision.

2.Nigerians protested...wrongly in my opinion....and GEJ brought back subsidy to N97 .

3.As a result...many fuel marketers were running at a loss...because under subsidy regimen they could only make N2 per liter...so by 2013..many independent marketers increased prices to as high as n180 per liter.

I know because i bought fuel from independent marketers and major marketers then. Only major marketers and NNPC stations sold fuel at N97.Everyone sold it above N110-220.

4.In Feb 2015...GEJ increased subsidy...and prices fell to n87. Still DID not reduce queues.

5.Bubu wanted to keep the N87...until Emefiele and Kalichukwu showed him it was economic suicide to do so. By then, due to the massive drop in oil prices..we no longer had forex to subsidize fuel.That is why prices went up to 145

6.Moral: GEJ should have stuck with n140 back in 2012.If he had...by now prices would have fallen normally, and foreign investment would have flown in...making things better.

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Bolustical:

Oga, speak for yourself and your area.

I bought fuel for car and generator last weekend at the same price without queue.

Does your area have pumps dispensing?

Useless post
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by SalamRushdie: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
9jakohai:

Flawed history again....

1.GEJ removed subsidy in 2012...and fuel went up from 65 to 140 naira...and yes, it was the right decision.

2.Nigerians protested...wrongly in my opinion....and GEJ brought back subsidy to N97 .

3.As a result...many fuel marketers were running at a loss...because under subsidy regimen they could only make N2 per liter...so by 2013..many independent marketers increased prices to as high as n180 per liter.

I know because i bought fuel from independent marketers and major marketers then. Only major marketers and NNPC stations sold fuel at N97.Everyone sold it above N110-220.

4.In Feb 2015...GEJ increased subsidy...and prices fell to n87. Still DID not reduce queues.

5.Bubu wanted to keep the N87...until Emefiele and Kalichukwu showed him it was economic suicide to do so. By then, due to the massive drop in oil prices..we no longer had forex to subsidize fuel.That is why prices went up to 145

6.Moral: GEJ should have stuck with n140 back in 2012.If he had...by now prices would have fallen normally, and foreign investment would have flown in...making things better.

This man are you still advising we vote Buhari Again?
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

This man are you still advising we vote Buhari Again?

No. If I were to give you advice, Vote for a leader with an industrial plan.

Atiku and Buhari aren't it.
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by raphaeladeyele: 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hmmn,okk
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by waveman2: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
6.forget about six many of those who are in d apc now saw it has corruption and wanted to do anything to twart gej government. Well I blame d old man he should hv just forgot about his second term ambition and take d bull by d horn.

9jakohai:

Flawed history again....

Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by LvGMalaya: 7:05am On Dec 05, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/no-plans-to-increase-fuel-price-nnpc-says/

What is the job of PPPRA if NNPC keep saying they aren't increasing fuel price.

NNPC cant be a player and regulator. Its not right. PPPRA needs to be independent, but it is currently headed by a hausa man from NNPC. Which violates their act. But its nigeria who cares.
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by NothingDoMe: 7:49am On Dec 05, 2017
madridguy:
Useless corrupt agency.
amen
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by NothingDoMe: 7:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Bolustical:

Oga, speak for yourself and your area.

I bought fuel for car and generator last weekend at the same price without queue.
Is last weekend today? Are you not aware that filling stations selling are currently running of stock while others are hoarding theirs?
Re: No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says by Chydobe: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2018
So, you now have what we call a double warning. NNPC is suddenly finding its importing what they probably didn’t expect in terms of volume and the fact that Nigerians themselves are consuming more volume that they will normally consume in earlier months.

He also re-iterated on the fact that neighboring countries are selling fuel at more that $1 per liter. Of which $1 in Nigeria today is about N360.

"Couple with the fact that the countries that are surrounding us as a nation are all selling fuel at more than $1 per liter. $1 today is about N360. If you go to Cotonou, Ghana, Niger so is is not unlikely that some of our petrol is finding itself across the body to these countries".

Click on link below for more information
http://www.newzified.com/fuel-price-in-nigeria-likely-to-be-n360-per-litre-oil-marketers-insist/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho At The Sight Of The DSS - Photos / My Only Son Is A Primary School Teacher - Peter Obi / Wole Olanikpekun Will Do Justice To The Osun Tribunal Judgement @ Higher Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.