Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

This Church Is Getting On My Nerves With Their Noises ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Church Is Getting On My Nerves With Their Noises ! (357 Views)

This Church's Banner Is Against Husband Snatchers / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Church Is Getting On My Nerves With Their Noises ! by IkpuMmadu: 12:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Most of religious organisation in Lagos are major contributors of noise Pollution, there presence in most of the residential areas have made people think that it is hell on earth ,whereas these religious organization ought to guide our souls to heaven but due to their noise Pollution ,raising decibels higher than required , one is forced to ask ....what the hell is this ? But, there is a case study in Lagos , in the heart of GRA Ikeja,two big religious houses have demonstrated sanity in midst of insanity.

There's a church in Ikeja GRA called Archbishop Vinning, I think it's Anglican church, beside the church is another big mosque can't remember the name, I drive through , trekked around that area every working day and even a few weekends. One thing is common about these worship places, you will almost think it's just a structure and there are no activities going on there except that you see people going in and coming out, I remember attending a wedding at the Vinning church, we were already late but when we drove to their car park, we didn't hear anything, my colleague i went with told me maybe they haven't started or something but when we got infront of the church, i found that service was in full gear, the loud organ and the choir singing but from the church car park you cannot hear anything, let alone outside the church.
https://etimes.com.ng/my-story-with-religious-place/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Today's Tips For Atheists / Watch The Video Of How Fr Mbaka Brought 7 Years Old Girl Back From The Dead / Soul Winning: Our Conscious Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.