Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help (1182 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / 5 Things You Should NEVER Do With Automatic Transmission Cars / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by jozzee1(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Please help me with your advice/ practical assistant. My Honda city vehicle's Automatic gear got spoilt for the second time this year. It first happened in February, which made me change the gear at a whooping cost of #95k, excluding service charge. To my surprise, the gear just got failed again last week. This is barely 9 months after the previous change.

Some people adviced me to change the vehicle to manual transmission because I may experience similar thing in another few months if I buy another automatic gear.

What is your advice please, do you think changing my vehicle to manual transmission is anything good? Are there any present or future side effects?
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by nakoks(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2017
jozzee1:
Please help me with your advice/ practical assistant. My Honda city vehicle's Automatic gear got spoilt for the second time this year. It first happened in February, which made me change the gear at a whooping cost of #95k, excluding service charge. To my surprise, the gear just got failed again last week. This is barely 9 months after the previous change.

Some people adviced me to change the vehicle to manual transmission because I may experience similar thing in another few months if I buy another automatic gear.

What is your advice please, do you think changing my vehicle to manual transmission is anything good? Are there any present or future side effects?

Which gear oil did you use when you got the new gear?
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by jozzee1(m): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2017
nakoks:

Which gear oil did you use when you got the new gear?

My mechanic said Oat Gear oil
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by jozzee1(m): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2017
Before the final breakdown, I was noticing some strange vibrations whenever I want to put the car on a new speed. Once it enters a speed, I could increase the speed without hassles.
I complained about this to my mechanic, he said it's the engine seat, we changed that, but no improvement. After about a week, the gear refused to move the vehicle.
While some people say the gear is off, others say I should change the oil, it will pick.
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by nakoks(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2017
jozzee1:

My mechanic said Oat Gear oil

That's the problem.You too after dropping 95k for gear you could have bought Honda ATF DWI and given to him.Better change your mechanic
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by jozzee1(m): 10:36am On Dec 05, 2017
nakoks:

That's the problem.You too after dropping 95k for gear you could have bought Honda ATF DWI and given to him.Better change your mechanic

Thanks for your feedbacks. Do you think if I replace the present oil with Honda ATF DWI the gear could pick up again?

What's the cost of Honda ATF DWI and where can I get it?
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by nakoks(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2017
jozzee1:

Thanks for your feedbacks. Do you think if I replace the present oil with Honda ATF DWI the gear could pick up again?

What's the cost of Honda ATF DWI and where can I get it?

Cost is about 4k per litre,contact luvinghubby on nairaland here.On if it can resuscitate your gear?at this point and after 9 months the chance is 10% and tending to zero.
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by sholarb(m): 10:58am On Dec 05, 2017
What year is your car?? Modern honda city uses CVT fluid. Confirm what your car use before you waste money buying DW1.

Cc: luvinhubby
Re: My Honda Automatic Transmission Gear Is Failing Me, Please Help by luvinhubby(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2017
Most Honda City come with CVT transmission and fluid for it is Honda CVT fluid.

However, there is a provision at the upper part of that gear meant for manual gear oil (transmission case) that may need some fluid. And if you need to ever change the gear again, buy it together with the engine.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Cars: 2018 Bentley Bentayga V8 / Hmmm Toyota Camry Pick Up / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.