Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines (18875 Views)

‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Nigerians, Do U Want Nigeria Split Into Two Halfs Or United?? / Should Nigeria Split Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by SapeleGuy: 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
Nigeria has already split along ethnic lines or linguistic affinity that is what the 6 geo political zones are. So all this 'patriotism' is noise making. The issue we have now is to practice of true federalism.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by EzeCanada: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
Like the Igbo adage says “Ezi okwu bu ndu” meaning an ambiguous life is not worth living. Kaddafi remains one of the most truthful and courageous personalities of our time.

Now Nairalander’s could you please point out which one of Kaddafi’s many remarks are falsehood

Is it his call for a reform of the UN Security Council  by abolishing the veto power of the five permanent members the United States, Britain, China, France and Russia,  who treat smaller countries as "second class”

Or his arguement for an investigation into the Iraq war. …pointing out its violation for the U.N. charter, without any justification."

…, his call for a genuine nuclear disarmament by world powers

…, his demand for compensation to be paid to Africa by its past "colonial masters"

…,  his call for a strong African Union

…. his demand for a full repatriation to be paid for Slavery by US and Europe

……His praise for American populace from relegating a black man to the back seat of the bus to making him President (Obama)

Or his recent call for Nigeria to be dissolved.

Kaddafi reminds me of a common philosophical assertion “a mad man may after all not be mad because he reasons”

His call for Nigeria’s split shows at least that he is knowledgeable and informed with the antics of the colonial masters and world affairs. Ask a Nigerian leader what is happening around the world and it will look at you like a slowpoke.

The question now is who is the mad man – between Kadaffi who is knowledgeable enough to realize that Nigeria indeed does not exist and therefore is not and the so-called Nigerian leaders such as David Mark who is ignorant… or should I say indifferent to the dysfunctional entity called Nigeria.

Show me a mad man, and I will show you David Mark, was he not the same individual who said telephone is only for the rich during Babangida's regime?

In my own opinion, if at this point in time and era you still have not realized that Nigeria is a mirage…then am very sorry because your life is not worth living like the Igbo adage says.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by tunde1200(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
do we have libyan burgers in this house because they will know gadafi more than us. our contry is not ok my people like libya that is he saying this but i dont blame him i blame our leaders who no have single shame for them self
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by londoner: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
Thats funny, with all the protests across the country recently, I never saw anyone holding up a placard demanding to split Nigeria up.

If its not on the minds of the average Nigerian, then Gadaffi should not be championing it even though he is entitled to his opinion.

The man wants a Christian south, with lagos as the capital and a Muslim North with Abuja as the capital. Now why in the hell should that be when roughly half of all Yorubas are muslim and the indegenoius peoples of Abuja are Christian? What will he do with Plateau, which has Christian indegenes, but is located further north than Abuja,

Has he even thought this through at all?
If he is using Plateau state agitations of late to butress his arguement then he and others here should remember that up until now the same people lived peacefully together. We all know Jos was always seen as one of the most peaceful places in Nigeria.

I wish he would just be quiet, I wonder if he is one of these people behind the offers of Alqaeda to "assist" the muslim north.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Typewriter(m): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
Gadaffi is a known figure world over and he is one African who has shown a good sense of leadership

he has told us how to solve our problems, it's left for us to heed his advice or get doomed.
he has show good leadership traits with his long reign in his country so he is highly qualified to say what he said.

read up his history and how he rules his people and you will love this man.
Before you condemn any person listen to that person first
and get a balance view on the person too. Gadaffi is a Good man.

the war with USA is a justified one and his call for the probe of US attack and inversion of Iraq is also right.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Rastamann: 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
Gadaffi is simply saying the obvious. Are we not divided already and we need do now is to go our seperate ways and each region become a sovereign state. The entity called Nigeria is never one and will never be one, so why are we wasting our time together as a country? Some people are calling Gadaffi names even when they know that the man was saying the obvious. Let us split, enough is enough!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by shewun001: 12:32am On Mar 31, 2010
Honestly GADDAFI knows what he is ssying. Why do we all like to deceive ourselves .If u have served in the North you will know we are not one not yesterday, not today and never tomorrow.
We need to clean up our homes, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi is an African Leader who loves Libya like Ojukwu loves the Igbos, without apologies to nobody and I know that for any nation to grow you must defy the Powers of the U S and UK combined. This Gaddafi does cos he has performed on the home front. I do not like him as a person but i respect pple who do stuff for their coountry. He reminds me of an African Castro.
Let the idiots whom are recalling our Ambassadors sit down and work to grow this nation and not just looting. Anyone who has done half of what Gaddafi does for Libya should be the first to throw a sone.
Nigerian leaders calling for Gaddafi's head are all a brood of vipers. Time will tell who is right.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sjeezy8: 12:44am On Mar 31, 2010
nigeria is already split along ethnic lines the only thing is federalism
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 31, 2010
Dat satanic man dat canot even takia of his homeland is giving sugestions 2 naija dats highly incitive n provocativ.wot dat man is lukin 4 is trouble,chaos n war in naija.i hope nigeria doesnt give d ugly b.tard d oportunity
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Beaf: 1:35am On Mar 31, 2010
The man is simply scared that 99% of Nigerians are plotting to escape bad govt, cross the Sahara on foot and land his country.
He has tried the cruelty of shooting some of us, yet still more damn the consequences and breach Libyan borders!
The only thing left for him to do is, cure Libyan pain by tackling the obvious defects in the structure of Nigeria; that way, ex-Nigerians would be happier and remain in their countries; he requested we do the obvious and split.

He did well with that request.

If we don't like it, then we must set about the road to true federalism were no community is the next community's donkey.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by GAR3TH(m): 2:06am On Mar 31, 2010
Beaf:

If we don't like it, then we must set about the road to true federalism were no community is the next community's donkey.

That is true, but for some reason Nigerians in Nigeria don’t seem to get it, its very sad. Instead of fighting against it, they just allow it to happen. Same with corruption, they know that their state governors are stealing billions of naira from state funds but no one does anything, it just amazes me. This happens all over Africa and no one does anything. Nigerians need to stand up for them selves and make key decision that will help them. Sitting around will not solve anything.

And I think Nigeria needs more of a revolution than a break up.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 31, 2010
We dont need Ghaddafi to tell us that the formation of the Nigerian Republic was unlawful, our forefathers were killed in the process and our mothers raped! Nigerians dont need to get angry and defensive when a blunt truth is thrown our way, instead we should consider the statements before getting offended. Africa was invaded by western countries who basically drew a line regardless of ethnicity - The white owners of our homeland didnt care for our thoughts, the formation was based on economics and respect to other WESTERN colonial powers in the region- NOT THE AFRICANS!.

What Ghaddafi is trying to say is ''IF WE CANT LIVE TOGETHER IN PEACE maybe SEPARATION MIGHT END THE CONTINUOS KILLING AND SEGREGATION WE ARE FACING!'' The religions wey we carry for head sef , all of it was sold to us by the same Christian whites who stole our lands and Moslem traders from the middle east. we should open our eyes and search our soul for the truth - we need to find our own truths, not follow follow!

Abeg jo! make una dey listen to fela and bob marley - they spent their lifetime trying to tell us to find our own truths, yet una still dey follow oyibo!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by UcheUwadi(m): 6:08am On Mar 31, 2010
I support true economic and political federalism for Nigeria. The way this nation is set up, you have a strong centralized center. There is nothing 'federal' about Nigeria as it is now. If true federalism doesn't work, then people should look to splitting up the nation. Even though I find the latter as bad for business. There is money to be made in Lagos, and what would happen if Nigeria splits up three ways? sad I do not want to think about the loss of business.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by sunnela: 7:13am On Mar 31, 2010
Do we really need outsiders to tell us the truth? why do insist on burying our heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong?
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Tittos: 7:26am On Mar 31, 2010
the truth is,Gadaffi may be a mad man but he has a point.after all mad men are always wise.am not saying Nigeria should break up but then we are not united.so is either we resolve to unite or break up.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Onlytruth(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2010
Why shouldn't Nigeria be divided up according to sensible lines? Is it because Gadaffi said it?
Each time I think of Nigeria, I can't recall a single sound policy in place - economic, social, educational, health, or even military.

Is it the forced sharing of resources like power generation and mineral income? In my book, if you generate it, you keep it. Just pay taxes, that's all!

Is it the forced imposition of clueless football administrators who ruin our game (consecutive failed FA Chairmen have been from the north)?

Is it the forced hosting of vital national football matches in Kano leading to loses to the super eagles (imagine playing Niger republic in Kano! Kai! cry)?

Is it the forced inclusion of players from sections of the country who end up lowering our game(federal character players)?

Is it the employment of half baked personnel as consular officials at Nigerian embassies (usually based on federal character)?

Is it having a bogus and unwieldy police force based in Abuja overseeing the affairs of 150 million restless West Africans in 36 states?

Is it the shooting at sight of citizens by security operatives (people they are paid to protect)?

Is it the rigging of census (a nation of 50 years still don't have a reliable statistical database or demographics)?

Is it a crime to have someone as polished as Donald Duke or Ernest Ndukwe (if he is interested), Ken Nnamani or even Fashola of Lagos stand side by side other African and world leaders to be addressed as the President of Nigeria -someone I can be proud of?

I can go on, but, for every item I list as a positive Nigerian attribute, I can list 10 negative ones.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by ogaemma: 9:28am On Mar 31, 2010
Pretty g stop insulting people in the house.Is a public place, try and use decent and diplomatic language.everybody have the right to talk.There should be freedom of speech even in nairaland.
thanks
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Godslover: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2010
THE DAY THIS EVIL AND SATANIC HAUSA/ YORUBA CONTRAPTION CALLED NIGERIA WILL COLLAPSE WILL BE A GREAT DAY OF JOY FOR EVERY AUTHENTIC BLACK MAN EVERY WHERE, NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY IS A DESTROYER OF DREAMS, A COUNTRY THAT MEANS DEATH FOR ITS CITIZEN. UP QADDAFI DOWN WITH DAVID STEALER MARK,DOWN WITH NIGERIA
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by zionism: 9:47am On Mar 31, 2010
let us all not speak on d same direction. really takin a look at wat he said. i think there is a sense to some extent in wat he said. wat do u guys think is goin 2 end dis incessant killings in d north? d problem of nigeria is d problem of ethnic and religion. we are so ethnic conscious rather than havin national consciousness. let us face d reality. i'm nt sayin we should split d country into 250 states base on ethnicity but atleast if naija is too large 4 any civilian govt to pilots let split it a bit
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Johnnny(m): 9:50am On Mar 31, 2010
To all those against splitting.  Please, please can U candidly tell us the solution to this battered country -Nigeria?

To corruption in government - Federal, state and Local govts?

To senseless killings in the North?  And so on,

I am not comfortable with the option of splitting the country and at the same time not still comfortable with being in this country.  Please help us find something in between.

Maybe, a country like United States of Nigeria will be a better option, with all states having autonomy, though still have the same country, but giving absolute powers to each federating units (states) to control their own stuffs the way and manner that suits them.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by zionism: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2010
let us all not speak on d same direction. really takin a look at wat he said. i think there is a sense to some extent in wat he said. wat do u guys think is goin 2 end dis incessant killings in d north? d problem of nigeria is d problem of ethnic and religion. we are so ethnic conscious rather than havin national consciousness. let us face d reality. i'm nt sayin we should split d country into 250 states base on ethnicity but atleast if naija is too large 4 any civilian govt to pilots let split it a bit
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by zionism: 9:58am On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by zionism: 9:59am On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by kodewrita(m): 10:21am On Mar 31, 2010
Its quite clear we need to decide how to maintain this union called NIgeria.

It is clear we do not need a pancake faced madman called Ghadaffi to tell us how to do it.

It is clear many people here are just responding without thinking too much. Biafra was not fun for those that fought it on both sides and besides Nigeria was not as militarised. If we do anything stupid, mass genocide will occur on a scale you cannot imagine. The war for oil will be so brutal for people in the ND because there will truly be no place to run to except to head for sea especially if war erupts on all sides.

It makes more sense for us to conserve bullets and use them where they matter (the people stealing the money) than waste them on our hapless selves.

An amicable breakup cannot happen in Nigeria. That is the simple fact. If you make a mistake of doing such, expect mass looting in cities with people forcibly expelling so-called foreigners (irrespective of whether they have married daughters of the soil  or not). Lagos will be the worst as there will be serious looting and fighting in places you cannot dream of.

If you think its a fantasy, let me tell you I was of age during the June 12 crisis (when we thought that was the end) and I know how people looted actively.

I hope I have painted a picture of what to expect.

Lets work with what we have and make it work instead of chasing Mirages (Odua (I am yoruba), Biafra, Izon e.t.c)

Ghadaffi is simply an idiot.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by macnuel: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2010
naijaFrank:

We dont need Ghaddafi to tell us that the formation of the Nigerian Republic was unlawful, our forefathers were killed in the process and our mothers despoiled!, What Ghaddafi is trying to say is ''IF WE CANT LIVE TOGETHER IN PEACE maybe SEPARATION MIGHT END THE CONTINUOS KILLING AND SEGREGATION WE ARE FACING!''

Really, the fact needs to be said. I am definitely not in support of the way Ghadaffi has been poking his nose into the Nigerian business but a fact is always a fact. If the man made use of better ways of telling us about this, I'm sure we would not be shouting about this as if it were something unheard of. What we should talk about and what our "leaders" should put their heads on is what ways to ensure there is stability and peace in the nation. I still believe we can remain a republic if we understand each others' needs but that needs a serious "flushing".
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by fugocisse: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2010
fellow nigerians infact some of us in this forum whom are calling for the disintigration or spliting nigeria into ethnic several countries based on or ethnic differencies are truely the mad one's.

Gaddaffi is acting with his sense can you recall he is the one championing for a one united africa!

that tyrant wants to use black africans to fufill his tyrant wishes against the western world but he see nigeria as a stumbling block against that wish . so he was thinking that by having nigeria divided into several states will help him  archieve his aim.

nigeria is a great nation, our problem is not ethnicity but of a corrupt politicians and carbals who innitially thought that the politice of divide and rule or creating problems withing neighbours against neighbour be it in the form of muslims killing christians, the almajiris, telling the niger delters to hate the igbos so that they will have power to share the oil blocks in the region among them selfs, making billions of dollars and sending their kids overseas whom in turn are return back to them as terrorist, when sons and daughthers of the niger delterns are pushed deep into the creeks and labelling them terrorist group while they loot the national tressure.

take a look at peoples like babangida, orji uzo kalu, olusegun obasanjo, alamieyesigha, danjuma, lukeman, james ibori, abacha and co, just to mention but a few. look at what mayhem this devils caused nigeria in differents states and nationale levels.

had it been  they all acted like governor fashiola is been doing in lagos state  and also some other  good governors whom are doing well in their respective states, nigeria would have been developed much far better.

so please and please lets love and build nigeria our ethnicity differencies are our pride as a people and our population means alot interm of growth and development.

this might be what Gadaffi is not happy about!
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2010
It does not matter what the bloodthirsty tyrant thinks. Nigeria will always be strong and united enough to foil his evil machinations in subsaharan Africa.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by DIY: 11:28am On Mar 31, 2010
Nigeria was never a Nation, we are already divided along so many lines, federal character, educationally less develope state, state of origin issue, geopolitical zones, quotal systems, federal civil service form, settlers and indigines with respcet to the jos issue, etc,
Why won't just appreciate this man for telling us the truth, Gaddafi is a wonderfull man.
If you ever stayed in the northern part of Nigeria, then you will understand what i am talking about. the truth must be told.
The truth which we have refuse to accept is reveiling itself to us.
Let each geopolitical zone be a country.
North East, North West, North Central, South West, South East, South South.
Know your country now and congratulations.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by gReenmAn(m): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2010
Gadaffi's effrontery to publicly state the hidden desires of many Nigerians is his major offense,
that, coupled with the fact that he IS an outsider makes his utterances totally undesirable.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 31, 2010
DIY:

Let each geopolitical zone be a country.
North East, North West, North Central, South West, South East, South South.

Is that the most imaginative solution you can come up with? It is truly not a good sign when one is echoing the words of a supposed lunatic.
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by Johnnny(m): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2010
I have been thinking for sometime now about this country Nigeria.

I may be wrong but from my own perspective, I dont see any thing that we do together as a country, we are always bringing quota systems into everything we do, we dont discuss anything without taking it to a tribal level.
Every potential public office holders are all looking for their own cut of the national cake.  When will that cake go around?  We cannot all be in govt.

With the exception of sports (Football especially), there is no other function, event or situation where you can see people of this country come out and act as one.  (on this I stand to be corrected).

Even our so called independence day celebrations has for long lost it luster and importance. (People now stay indoors or go on social visits on those days, ask them why are not at work, they don't even know but that it is a public holiday sha).
Re: Gadaffi Again, Calls For Nigeria’s Split : Along Ethnic Lines by cvibe: 11:43am On Mar 31, 2010
Without it being written, are we not already divided in some way along tribal lines? When all you hear about is state of origin rather than place of residence.

Can a Yoruba or Ibo child born in Kano claim that he is from Kano or an Hausa child born in Enugu claim that he is from Enugu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ali Modu-Sheriff Appoints Inuwa Bwala Special Assistant On Media / Buhari Calls National Economic Summit – Top Official Reveals / Dino Melaye's Supporters Storm Atiku's Kogi Rally, Demand His Release(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.