Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

How President Buhari Almost Ran Away From Nigeria In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How President Buhari Almost Ran Away From Nigeria In 2016 (322 Views)

President Buhari Almost Attacked By Angry Man In Kebbi / President Buhari Almost Slumps Again At Kaduna Rally / List Of Katsina State Indigenes Appointed By Buhari (Almost 34 people) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How President Buhari Almost Ran Away From Nigeria In 2016 by mediahubng(m): 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has made a shocking disclosure of how he once considered fleeing from Nigeria months after been sworn into office.

Buhari claimed that the parlous state of the economy then (same now though) made him consider of running away from Nigeria. A situation he has once again blamed on the past administration.

President Buhari made the statement while speaking in Cote d’Ivoire. In his words;

“When I came, what I found out is terrible. It is absolutely terribly.

“We are lucky in Nigeria that we have been able to survive 2016. Honestly, I told some people close to me that I was thinking of which country to run to if things got out of hand.

“Between 1999 and 2014, I have said it several times in Nigeria, Nigeria had never got so much revenue like it did at that time. But then, when we came, the price of oil went down to $28 per barrel from an average of $100 per barrel at the production rate of 2.1 million barrel per day. So, multiply 2.1 million by $100, that is what Nigeria was getting from 1999 to 2014.

“But when we came, the price came down to $28. I went to Central Bank (of Nigeria) to look for money and they said there was no money, only debts.

“And the infrastructure – roads, rail, power- that you have been talking about, nothing was absolutely done. So, really, God hears the prayers of His servants and the last three raining seasons were good. We were very lucky I would have absconded.

CONTINUE HERE>>> http://verge24.com/2017/12/05/how-president-buhari-almost-ran-away-from-nigeria-in-2016/

Re: How President Buhari Almost Ran Away From Nigeria In 2016 by Mynd44: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2017

(1)

They Will Be Kicked To Political Gutter 2019 / God Is Great: Adamawa Lawmaker Finally Welcomes Set Of Triplets After 24 Years / APC Stakeholders In Kano Vow To Sue Buhari If He Doesn’t Go For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.