Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Terrible Customer Service From Jumia - My Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Terrible Customer Service From Jumia - My Experience (654 Views)

Terrible States Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (photos) / Man's Leg Crushed In Bayelsa As 2 Cars Collide In A Terrible Accident / Terrible Accident Kills A Boy In Anambra (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Terrible Customer Service From Jumia - My Experience by DrObum(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hi all,
Recently, I read the lamentations of a nairalander who bought a phone that was shipped globally by Jumia. Of course, the phone had no warranty and got bad after a lil while and some people on that thread blamed him for that and totally exonerated .

Well, let me thrill/bore you with mine. About 2 weeks ago, I bought a HP laptop 255 G6 E2-9000e AMD FreeDOS with order number 339218172 from Jumia. This was delivered to me in Benin here.
I was very busy around the time that it was delivered and didn't get to use it much, so I lost the golden opportunity to return the crap delivered to me as a laptop.

I installed windows 10 on it. It wouldn't fail to give me a blue screen of death with an error message video_tdr_failure and restart itself. I have tried all prescribed solutions to that, both online and from computer gurus and I took it for repairs to a software engineer who also tried all software solutions but to no avail. He thinks that the hard drive could be culpable.

I didn't see why I would buy a laptop just about 2 weeks ago and have to spend money on repairs already. Mind you, this laptop has a 1yr warranty on Jumia.
So, I filled an online contact card and also called Jumia customer care.

Now to my chagrin, Jumia said they don't know a HP service centre around Benin where they delivered the laptop and promised to get back to me. That promise I still await as I type as it's like our wait for the return of the messiah.

Now, my worries are;
- why would Jumia allow sale of crappy goods on it's site without service centres to cater for customer's needs?
Do they think business ends with just the delivery of purchased goods?

- if all Jumia HP service centres are in Lagos, should they not state it on their website to warn potential buyers who don't reside in Lagos?

- why would the customer care of Jumia give a concerned client a time that they would get back to one, conveniently fail and not feel bothered about it?

Well, I'll continue my wait for them and keep you posted. We must say no to crappy services from these online retailers.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Tosyne2much,

(1) (Reply)

Miss Nollywood Nigeria 2017 Got A Brand New Jeap In Her Marriage Day Photos / Who Do You Think Rocked It Better Between Wizkid ,Hushpuppi And Off set / Fingerlings And Juvenile Catfish Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.