Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,553 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe (3080 Views)

Top 10 Weird But True Facts / Learn This Amazing Maths Trick. You Never Believe It Existed / 11 Kind Of People You Will Never Believe Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 1:23am On Dec 06, 2017
This planet of ours is full of people with weird and strange believe and culture that one will even need to ask if people like this do exist. Well, diversity is what makes up this world, and of course human tendency always lets us do things differently. Every Nation of the world has its own cultures and traditions which reflect in the thinking and way of living of the citizens.
Enjoy this top 10 list of jaw dropping cultures from around the world

6. Pennis Festival
Kanamara Matsuri is The Festival of Steel Penis which takes place on the first Sunday of April each year. Japanese people celebrate fertility by holding the giant wooden phallus. They hoist that phallus into the air and then march across the town. It is believed that this celebration brings about regenerative abilities on the local crops and also ensures the fertility for everyone. It may appear to be an outlandish display of sexuality in public places, but many would argue that the openness of Kanamara Matsuri is healthy one which celebrated the ability to reproduce. During this festival, many Japanese go out with their children and happy go about giving them penis lollipop without sexualizing it in any way. Anyway, it will definitely astound you all knowing that there’s actually an entire festival in Japan dedicated to Penis.

1. Living with the dead
This is the most weird culture in the world. In most cultures the dead are buried or cremated within days of passing away, but Indonesia's Torajan people keep the bodies of their relatives to "live" at home with them, sometimes for years after their deaths. Providing corpses with their own rooms, they are washed and their clothes are regularly changed. Food and cigarettes are brought to them twice a day and they have a bowl in the corner that acts as their "toilet"

Checkout more unbelievable culture around the world
https://afro9jaland..com.ng/2017/12/10-weird-and-strange-cultures-in-world.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by KELVINXY: 1:43am On Dec 06, 2017
That no 1 tho shocked

Living with the dead koh
Flexing with the dead ni.

I swear People of that torajan tribe wont have any problem working in the morgue undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 1:48am On Dec 06, 2017
KELVINXY:
That no 1 tho shocked

Living with the dead koh
Flexing with the dead ni.

I swear People of that torajan tribe wont have any problem working in the morgue undecided undecided
different culture around the world bro
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 06, 2017
Lemme chill first

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by ibkkk(f): 3:39am On Dec 06, 2017
Ah!I HAVE SEEN THINGS.

Weird, indeed.
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 6:43am On Dec 06, 2017
ibkkk:
Ah!I HAVE SEEN THINGS.

Weird, indeed.
So weird..
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Oblitz(m): 6:45am On Dec 06, 2017
Chai!
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 6:56am On Dec 06, 2017
Oblitz:
Chai!
na so my brother
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by youngking22(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2017
These one is strong

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by DOUBLEWAHALA: 8:39am On Dec 06, 2017
there is one here in rivers state I don't know which community to be precise it might be opobo (am not sure)

they call it iju amu (reject penis)

when a man dies the women he had been having an affair with will be coming to pay their final respect by bringing fowl,goat,wrapper, and other things
to say bye bye to their sweet d!ck

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 8:49am On Dec 06, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
there is one here in rivers state I don't which community to be precise it might be opobo (am not sure)

they call it iju amu (reject penis)

when a man dies the women he had been having an affair with will be coming to pay their final respect by bringing fowl,goat,wrapper, and other things
to say bye bye to their sweet d!ck

O boy

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Successfulminde: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2017
Number 2 is not correct, they don't live with the dead bodies but dig them out every 3years to snap photos with them as part of a festival.

You could have done enough research on that before posting it or you purposely omitted the truth just for traffic to your blog

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by PenlsCaP: 9:32am On Dec 06, 2017
shocked
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2017
Successfulminde:
Number 2 is not correct, they don't live with the dead bodies but dig them out every 3years to snap photos with them as part of a festival.

You could have done enough research on that before coming to show your ignorance or you purposely omitted the truth just for traffic to your blog, either ways you are very stupid

Well I knw mouth must talk..dis living with d Dead was a report from a woman to BBC...and also check wiki... research was don well ok..and u don't have to say som1 Is stupid..i guess u lack manners dir... In my findings I also com across dat.. Buh I giv ma people the best BBC and wiki r more reliable compared to just any site... so nxt time don't lv ur research to one area..just move across nd bring out d best..

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Abee79(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2017
What da . . . ??

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by solutiongiver: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2017
Lol i believe them
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by mammanbawa: 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
What the bleep?
Oh my God
Chai
See mouth like iyasikirat's tray. shocked

Op post the whole stuff here now

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
mammanbawa:
What the bleep?
Oh my God
Chai
See mouth like iyasikirat's tray. shocked

Op post the whole stuff here now

No ve
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by columbus007(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
This is sickening undecided
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
columbus007:
This is sickening undecided
My brother na so

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by mammanbawa: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2017
Afro9jaland:

No ve
Make we help you do that one ni
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
mammanbawa:

Make we help you do that one ni
I dnt get
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by jericco1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
culture shock indeed.
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by boss01: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
Aaaaaaaaaaa, this ones weak person o
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by mammanbawa: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
Afro9jaland:

I dnt get

Post the entire list here.
You don get enough traffic already
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by Afro9jaland: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
mammanbawa:

Post the entire list here.
You don get enough traffic already
Smiless
Re: 10 Weird Culture You Will Never Believe by nwoke37: 4:56am On Dec 07, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Undergraduate Studies, UK or Sweden / Ababio Textbook: I Need A Copy / Uniben Postgraduate School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.