Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure (1385 Views)

Moses Saddened By Injury Woes / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
Former Super Eagles coach Shuaibu Amodu is saddened by the failure of the players from the domestic league to qualify for the African Nations Championship following a 2-0 aggregate loss to Niger.

Amodu, who has been on leave since being redeployed to the team after his removal from the senior squad, refused to gloat over the team's fiasco despite feelings in certain quarters that he has been vindicated.

"It is sad that we failed to qualify, but it is a collective failure of our system and not the players and the coach," Amodu told KickOffNigeria.com.

In an interview just before the African Nations Cup in Angola, Amodu stated that when he was employed two years ago, he submitted a written proposal for a long term camping for the local players, but that idea was dismissed by the NFF, who asked him to focus on World Cup qualification and leave the task of grooming the home-based players to then coach Okey Emordi.

That team eventually failed to qualify for the inaugural event of the competition.

"What I have always said is that there is talent among the local players, but the environment in which they play does not help them bring out that talent they way they should," Amodu said.

"That is why, as a professional who knows his onions, I asked for a long term camping for them to help them break that barrier."

"In the past, it was easy to pick players from the local league. Rangers, Shooting Stars and Insurance alone would have supplied up to three national teams. But that is no longer the case. And anybody who understands this would know that you have to approach the problem in a different way from what happened in the past.

"But they said I didnt know what I was talking about."

Amodu also refused to claim vindication.

"Vindication for what? It is not about me, but about what is best for this country. I said what in my opinion was a professional judgement, but it was ignored. It is sad for me that we have to learn the hard way, but if that will help us to make better decisions in future, then that is fine by me."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14635/amodu-saddened-by-chan-failure.php
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by montelik(m): 5:41am On Mar 30, 2010
Amodu. Please stop wasting your breath, most Super Eagles fans will not listen to anything you say even it is true and sensible. Once it is Amodu talking, all their senses of reasoning disappear. Anyway will continue this our lackadaisical attitude believing that somehow magic will happen.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Mar 30, 2010
^^^
you dey mind them? undecided
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by Aglah1976(f): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by bisiaet: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
I think Amodu should just hold his peace and relax his mind because only God know the kind of heads that is in our football house if even what Amodu is saying is right people wont listen to him so the best he can do is to just hold his peace and be looking or stay out of NFF stuffs, because at the end of the day they will deny all and even pour the whole blame on him to make themselve(NFF Officials) look saint and patrotic, it is an advice.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by D1KeleVra(m): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2010
Why's he saddened? Isn't this like an every time thing?
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by supereagle(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
My Dear Amodu you have done a lot for  Nigeria, but they failed to look into that. You got Nigeria WC tickets twice, but they repaid you with demotion and promoted a man that failed in his own country. Siddon they look.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by blackchief(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
I have always had respect for Amodu since his days in BCC Loins.  I strongly believe that it is time for him to go out to any of the African country to proof himself as Steven keshi is presently doing.

our present system will not allow any local coach to lead Nigeria to any important tournament.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by honeric01(m): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
Yes, the best he can do is to go out to other African countries, try to coach one of these countries, i believe he can do better, if chukwu was able to coach an African team, amodu can do better.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by barman2: 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
A prophet is neva honoured in his town, Amodu shuaibu md an impact in soccer history of 9ja.Whn d system is faulty/bad,this is wht u see,even to get gd players is problem,
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by galatico(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
Amdou sadden by CHAN failure the he should be saadled with the responsibility of coaching this team for the team qualifiers!!!!
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by chelseabmw(m): 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
:d :d :d :d
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by chelseabmw(m): 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
he should go and sit down lipsrsealed
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by Amhatu(m): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2010
Indeed is sad. Looks Like the Congolese may take it again.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by Fraba(m): 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
[table]"In the past, it was easy to pick players from the local league. Rangers, Shooting Stars and Insurance alone would have supplied up to three national teams. But that is no longer the case. And anybody who understands this would know that you have to approach the problem in a different way from what happened in the past[/table]

Am Guessin we can say the same for Local Coaches? including Mr Amodu himself,
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by ndcide(m): 2:14am On Mar 31, 2010
AMODU lead Nigerian team to qualify for WC for 2 consecutive times (any how) and was treated like a sh!t first by the media and then by NFF.

i wont be surprised if nigeria don't qualify for the next 4 WCs. even with a good team and coach.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by hollandis(f): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2010
Amodu is a dull person,coach,husband,brother and person
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by sley4life(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
Keep quiet. U ruined our players
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by eros(m): 1:15am On Apr 01, 2010
Common now, i thought you were supposed to be cooling off in your village after retirement? We don't need you anywhere near the Nigerian players or anything that has to do with Nigerian football. People should know when its over and just quit.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by mykpoint: 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
angryDear Mr amodu please please leave nigerian eagles alone .you are know feeling sad over what ?when you are candidate of failure.i have good news for you ,you are sad over local eagles failure while we entire nigerians home and abroad are wholly sadden over your fail fail failure to take nigerian football to next level but rather mess up please i want to advice you coaching is not your talent ok.you have cause a lot of heart attack to nigerian sports lover

mykpoint from moscow angry
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by chidichris(m): 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
pls is anyone here with the contact details of amodu? i really want to ask him if he is watch inter and csk of moscow where chidi odiah is showing his qualities.
if anyone sees amodu, pls let him or her help me tell amodu that he (amodu) is a shit for keeping odiah on bench in african cup of nations.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by honeric01(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2010
chidichris:

pls is anyone here with the contact details of amodu? i really want to ask him if he is watch inter and csk of moscow where chidi odiah is showing his qualities.
if anyone sees amodu, pls let him or her help me tell amodu that he (amodu) is a poo for keeping odiah on bench in african cup of nations.

you're sounding like a bigger poo for not knowing that Chidi Odiah was injured and had to play the last match not because he was fit enough but because Yusuf Mohamed also got injured. make una no dey disgrace una self just because everyone has the right to yarn opata.
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by chidichris(m): 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2010
sometimes i can't help but think that amodu's coaching carrier is restricted to the nigerian football.
with the qualities claimed by this man and his supporters, why is it that he always wait for a chance with the nigerian super eagles.
other quality coaches are making things happen outside nigeria or is his qualities afraid of other qualities?
Re: Amodu 'saddened' By Chan Failure by honeric01(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2010
other nigerian coaches namely? pls dont name keshi because he's the only one you know that coached outside nigeria and was a little bit successful.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2010: Leave the Stage when the OVATION is LOUDEST / Liberia Vs Nigeria Today 1:00pm / AFCON 2013: Watch Nigeria V Burkina Faso Online (without DSTV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.