Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,780,999 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:14 AM

Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed (4444 Views)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / AS Genotype Couples, Please I Need Your Advise / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed by Bigajeff(m): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
This is the genotype possibility I'm sure of but I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

AA+AA= AA,AA(Good)AA+AS= AA,AS(Good)AA+SS= AS,AS(Good)AA+AC= AA,AC(Good)AS+AS= AA,AS,SS (Bad)AS+SS= AS,SS (Bad)SS+SS= SS,SS (Bad)AS+AC= Need adviceAC+SC= Need adviceAC+SS= Need advice.

But can AA + AS = SS I'm still arguing this is not possible. I need expert advice for this possibility.

mod, lalasticlala please let this hit the frontpage
Re: Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed by python1: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
That is a future impossible tense. grin grin grin
Whichever permutation you use, you must end up with either AA or AS, and the last time I checked, AS can never be SS.
Re: Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
It is very possible, especially if the woman plays away match. grin

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed by SmallmebigGod: 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
Bigajeff:
This is the genotype possibility I'm sure of but I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

AA+AA= AA,AA(Good)AA+AS= AA,AS(Good)AA+SS= AS,AS(Good)AA+AC= AA,AC(Good)AS+AS= AA,AS,SS (Bad)AS+SS= AS,SS (Bad)SS+SS= SS,SS (Bad)AS+AC= Need adviceAC+SC= Need adviceAC+SS= Need advice.

But can AA + AS = SS I'm still arguing this is not possible. I need expert advice for this possibility.

This has been trashed here with threads and counter threads just search.
The only possibility is if the AA is not actually AA genotype I.e it was determined by HB electrophoresis alone. This person might actually be genotype A with a thalassemic trait but misdiagnosed as AA.
A co inheritance of S gene and the thalassemic that may occur known SB thal can also present like SS and has also been misdiagnosed as SSS
Re: Possibility Of AA+AS Genotype Parent Give Birth To SS - Exper Opinion Needed by Qmedspharma(m): 6:45am On Dec 07, 2017
Bigajeff:

It is absolutely impossible. They can only have AS but not SS.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. / Someone Should Please Help Me With My Hard Palms.. / The Best Way To Treat Hemorrhoids For Quick Relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.