Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? (1155 Views)

After Buhari’s Second Term, Osinbajo Should Serve As President For Two Terms – E / ”buhari Is President For The North” – Fayose / I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by Salvie(m): 12:59am On Mar 30, 2010
Ex-President Obasanjor once asked this question to NIPSS delegates at an opening session. The answers were as intriguing as the question itself. While some had such heroic plans of passing quick bills that would better Nigeria in years beyond their stay, some would create a state in their region with the capital in their village. but 1 man stole the show by stunning everyone with his answer: "i will first of sign some personal upkeep allowance enough to take care of my children and their children's children, then think of what i could possibly do for the power block of the day, so they may consider keeping me longer!"

Now, its difficult for me to stop thinking once this question comes to my mind: which would i do and which would i leave to chance? if you were there how daring/sincere would have been?
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by Sunofgod(m): 1:00am On Mar 30, 2010
Split Nigeria!
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Mar 30, 2010
Sign FREEDOM OF INFORMATION into law, OPEN UP ACAN OF WORMS ON THE POLITICAL elite and then resign. By the time LEGAL heads get their hands on past and present data, I am sure many of our politicians will be running under rocks to hide.
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by Eziachi: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2010
Switch off the life support and end this agony of 50 years in coma with a stroke of a pen.
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by 006(m): 3:43am On Mar 30, 2010
Break up the country before it is too late.

I think one week is enough, no bi so?
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by WarHorse1(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2010
I will call for a constitutional conference for which the sitting allowance will be outrageous. All past and present presidents and governors will be there and political party influentials will be there. I will encourage them to bring their sons or daughters whom they wish to be in government in the future to bear their minds on the problems of this great country.

Then, 4 days into the conference, I will blow all of us with a bomb - down to the gatemen. Everybody half a mile radius will be blown to pieces of meat. That is what I will do in accord with the pledge of this great country.

I pledge to Nigeria my country ( A sacrificial pledge)
To be faithful, loyal and honest (loyalty even if it means the ultimate sacrifice)
to serve Nigeria with all my strength (I will use the strength of my presidency)
To defend her unity (At the end equity in deaths will be achieved. the new beginning will forge a sense of unity)
and uphold her honor and glory (Probably, all the dead will be honored for their ultimate sacrifice)
so help me god.

Only if I become president for a week
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by yemmight(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2010
Remove iwu and replace with Falana, appoint Ribadu as EFCC Chairman, remove all the ministers and hand over them to Ribadu.
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2010
I guess I would use the opportunity to travel around the globe.
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by kshow1(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2010
Sun of god:

Split Nigeria!

Need not say more lipsrsealed
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by hardywaltz(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2010
My first action would be to: Ban Nairaland along with all the internet warriors, behind the computer fundamentalist, blog ethnic fanatics, religious ideologist etc
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by saokea(m): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2010
If I was president for one week, that is 168 hours of being president.
1. Resolve Niger-Delta once and for all (24 Hours).
2. Bring in technocrats to resolve energy problem and this should be resolved by the contracted hours given to them (48 hours).
3. Declare Healthcare free to all Nigerians (24 Hours).
4. Raise the minimum of wage to N30,000 (24 Hours).
5. Give a stipends to unemployed youths (24 Hours).
6. Tackle Corruption (24 Hours). If corruption is not tackled, all my efforts after one week will be in vain.
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by rebranded(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2010
I would sign a bill that all elected officers use public amenities with their immediate family

Adopt capital punishment for corrupt officers along with setting up special courts for their trial
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by yemmight(m): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2010
eina:

I guess I would use the opportunity to travel around the globe.

What would you achieve?
Re: If You Were President For 1 Week What Would You Do? by safariman(m): 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2010
A week is not enough to do anything, so many to do, but I'll put in motion to start the following:

Partner with a foreign utility company to make electricity constant

Start true federalism with a loose federal govt. Go for smaller government, have local people account for their people's welfare instead of everybody relying on the Federal govt for oil money

Localized the Police force and reward them handsomely, but maintain a federal investigative unit with authority across state lines

(If I could) have every Nigerian registered by name, finger printed and recorded digitally

Adopt strict monetary policies and focus on balancing the budget, (so many billions in the new budget have been allocated to service loans)

Stop subsizing the petrol

Repair all the trunk A roads or fed roads (Have each state submit priorities on new roads) To go along with the railroads

Get rid of the quota system

Control the border (all these looters are able to abscond any minute)

Scrap the NYSC

On a lighter note, make blowing your horn a crime ( a fine, unless it is necessary)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole In Dilemma As Edo Ac Splits / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake / I Am Getting Fed Up With Ibo People In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.