Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West (24161 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi Visits Igbinedion, Esama Of Benin Over PDP Chairmanship / PDP Chairmanship: Prince Uche Secondus Meets With Delta Delegates / PDP Chairmanship: Prince Uche Secondus Meets With Imo State Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by 7lives: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2017
jollymizzle:
very dangerous game, they better just postpone the convention to iron this important issue out. Atiku needs to sort this if he wants one vote from the southwest. because all this seems like taking the southwest for granted. something Gej learned too late, that he had to break open central bank just to rain dollars while making lagos his permanent residence . I was actually hoping for a close race so politicians will know not to take the electorate for granted, but pdp are making it too easy for APC at the moment.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin beast of party, egbekegbe,
What will a decent Yoruba man be doing in a BUCKET SHOP like pdp?
Owun oju wa lo ju ri.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by GGirll: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2017
Bari22:
PDP just confused themselves, and wait after they fail election in 2019 they will still blame APC for their failure.

Before now, I used to say PDP has internal arrangement more than any party in Nigeria but that one is before.

Zoning chairman and vice to South south and south east is nothing but suicide, marginalising southwest is not a good bet for any party that wants win an election in Nigeria. I'm a northener but I have since realised this.
Did you read the post??if you did you will realize that the north you came from is sympathetic to the southwest but all of it governors are APC n d only PDP governor f ayose refused to take d position...what else can d north do than to zone it to any other zone with capable candidates willing to lead apart from d north besides can't you people allow d Ss n SE a chance yo produce candidates or havent they been marginalized enough ae arent they Nigerians too??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Daboomb: 9:01am On Dec 07, 2017
QuotaSystem:
Well played cool

PDP will now effectively become an eastern regional party with Secondus and Wike finally burying its carcass.

Atikuchukwu the secessionist backer will not like this grin.

You should know Atiku by now.. DESPERATE Crook!

If he needs to becoe a Sudanese, to win the presidential elelction in Nigeria, he would happily declare himself a Suadanese! grin grin grin
It is my blodders from the East who should stop allowing themselves tobe used as cannon-fodder, by every Politician that wants to add "Chukwu" to their name.
From Ebelechukwu, to Athiefkuchukwu

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Daboomb: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2017
HzRF:

I don't know what you want them to do

Give us two candidates to choose from

You present six

And they have started going to court even before election

Imagine what will happen after election

Am from Osun but south south or east should take it

Pdp can't afford such leadership tussle at this time

Let those that are speaking with one voice take it

Let them Sw aspirants continue to pull themselves down

Hmmm.... Osun state, abi? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Alphanancy: 9:05am On Dec 07, 2017
You dont get it. They plan to get the VP from the SW.
jollymizzle:
very dangerous game, they better just postpone the convention to iron this important issue out. Atiku needs to sort this if he wants one vote from the southwest. because all this seems like taking the southwest for granted. something Gej learned too late, that he had to break open central bank just to rain dollars while making lagos his permanent residence . I was actually hoping for a close race so politicians will know not to take the electorate for granted, but pdp are making it too easy for APC at the moment.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Ogaini: 9:11am On Dec 07, 2017
I heard someone calling sw useless and chameleon. I'm not too surprised he's from ss or se. Fools!!!! Playing politics to win goes beyond nepotism /tribalism. Let's see ao far pdp goes with these arrangements. Haven't u seen the wall handwriting already? This party has fallen and will be completely buried

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Goke7: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2017
Alphanancy:

so the SE will be played again? hmm na wa o!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by jollymizzle(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2017
Alphanancy:
i don't think so, the south eastern eyes have 'claimed' Atiku I think, as they are his most vocal supporters online at least. they have already proposed okonjo iweala, Peter obi, soludo, obiano's as his running mate already, I don't think they will take it well if they don't get the vp slot. but sincerely I think it would be more advantageous to Atiku if he chose from SS or SW.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by onatisi(m): 9:20am On Dec 07, 2017
Mynd44:
A chairman and Deputy from the south?

The PDP is playing a dangerous game sha. They need the SW and can't afford another tussle.
according to the report pdp south west are not organized and fayose who is the only pdp governor in the south west doesn't want the position to come to the west.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Charly68: 9:22am On Dec 07, 2017
Greed won't allow the party to survive restructuring ,I think they should allow Baba Buhari to change things for them,yes only strong man can correct the ills in that party without bothering what people are saying..
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2017
I want to see what Atiku would do. As for fayose, it should be clear to the blind that he wants VP spot. If he is nominated, i would vote Atiku because i like fayose alot. I see in him, our very own Donald Trump.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2017
BruncleZuma:

I dey wait you ooo...e don reach where e dey go.
nothing reasonable dey my head now embarassed
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by jollymizzle(m): 9:35am On Dec 07, 2017
donbenie:
There are two deputies,if you had bothered to read thoroughly..one from the South and another from the North..
And the SW should put their house in order,before looking for who to blame..
this is not a South West matter, it's a pdp South West matter (that incidentally appears to be on life support) it's either they let it die or they find the donors for the organs it needs to survive. it's left for the pdp to decide if the cost of winning the southwest is greater than the advantage/loss from those who would have to donate the organs(I'm looking at South East viz the vp slot. grin they are I'm afraid the only compatible donor) jokes apart though, the pdp needs south west.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by BruncleZuma: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
nothing reasonable dey my head now embarassed

Nah so me sef see am.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by QuotaSystem: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I want to see what Atiku would do. As for fayose, it should be clear to the blind that he wants VP spot. If he is nominated, i would vote Atiku because i like fayose alot. I see in him, our very own Donald Trump.

Atiku with his eastern/ipob coloration and Fayose with his stiff anti-north/anti-muslim sentiments will never fly in the North. Trust me.

Word already on the street up north is that Atiku is an "ibo candidate" and the sentiment is spreading fast. Fayose with his Buhari death threats and arrogant anti-grazing posture will only make things worse and Atiku knows it.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by onatisi(m): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2017
donbenie:
There are two deputies,if you had bothered to read thoroughly..one from the South and another from the North..
And the SW should put their house in order,before looking for who to blame..
if this report is anything to go by then i think the south west pdp only have themselves to blame . and i think fayose is against the south west clinching the chairmanship slot, he may have a plan in his kitty as a reason .
a consensus candidate would have been the most ideal thing
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by jollymizzle(m): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2017
HzRF:

QuotaSystem

Since 2015 you are yet to grow sense

leave him o, grin someone cannot analyze in peace again? freedom of speech please

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by onatisi(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2017
QuotaSystem:

Atiku with his eastern/ipob coloration and Fayose with his stiff anti-north/anti-muslim sentiments will never fly in the North. Trust me.

Word already on the street up north is that Atiku is an "ibo candidate" and the sentiment is spreading fast. Fayose with his Buhari death threats and arrogant anti-grazing posture will only make things worse and Atiku knows it.
which streets ?forget all these nairaland political analysts oo that are shouting atiku is an ibo candidate .just wait and see
the game hasnt even started , it is one step at a time , you have to understand how these politicians manipulate ppl brains and thinking
just wait and see. it is one step at a time , the convention is first , then secondly is the party ticket
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by QuotaSystem: 9:41am On Dec 07, 2017
jollymizzle:
leave him o, grin someone cannot analyze in peace again? freedom of speech please

grin

Thanks jare. I tend to ignore his type.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:42am On Dec 07, 2017
Afam4eva:

Since the North is going to produce the presidential candidate while the south-east produces the vice, i see nothing wrong in the chairmanship and deputy chairmanship going to different regions in the north.

My only concern is, why Ladoja who was a former governor of a state has o be a deputy to Uche Secondus, also considering the fact that he's older. It just sounds strange except he has no qualms with the arrangement.
...Joe Biden was former VP to Obama. He's an elder to Obama.
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by QuotaSystem: 9:43am On Dec 07, 2017
onatisi:

which streets ?
forget all these nairaland political analysts oo that are shouting atiku is an ibo candidate. the game hasnt even started , it is one step at a time , you have to understand how these politicians manipulate ppl brains and thinking
just wait and see. it is one step at a time , the convention is first , then secondly is the party ticket

Maybe where you are. In the North, Atiku's candidacy and it's chances is already a hot topic.

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by onatisi(m): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2017
QuotaSystem:

Maybe where you are. In the North, Atiku's candidacy and it's chances is already a hot topic.
that is what i am telling you , forget about those saying rubbish about atiku been an ibo candidate, it is just to whip up sentiments , when the chip are down you will see real action. right now very little can be done or said until he gets the ticket, the focus now is the party convention and party ticket .
it is only those who see atiku from the apc perspective that wont understand how politically massive atiku is, but before anything he first needs to win the party ticket which isnt sure yet and in winning the party ticket ,he must ensure his loyalist win the top shots within the party
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by jollymizzle(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2017
GGirll:

Did you read the post??if you did you will realize that the north you came from is sympathetic to the southwest but all of it governors are APC n d only PDP governor f ayose refused to take d position...what else can d north do than to zone it to any other zone with capable candidates willing to lead apart from d north besides can't you people allow d Ss n SE a chance yo produce candidates or havent they been marginalized enough ae arent they Nigerians too??
well the issue is lack of trust. Gej messed that up with the help of the easterners, how do you explain Gej winning the southwest as the pdp flagbearer while the south west was purely ACN stronghold. people voted ACN in other elections but voted pdp just for Gej. and he bleeped up. so earning our trust in the south west is going to take time. you can't call it greed, cos where was that greed when we voted Jonathan in 2011?

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by osazeeblue01: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2017
They are still holding meeting no conclusion yet. Southwest deserve the chairmanship position while the SouthSouth and Southeast should battle for the Vice.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by onatisi(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2017
osazeeblue01:
They are still holding meeting no conclusion yet. Southwest deserve the chairmanship position while the SouthSouth and Southeast should battle for the Vice.
politics is about negotiation and compromise even till the last minute . even at the convention ground , negotiations will still be going on till all delegates cast their votes

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by QuotaSystem: 9:52am On Dec 07, 2017
onatisi:

that is what i am telling you , forget about those saying rubbish about atiku been an ibo candidate, it is just to whip up sentiments , when the chip are down you will see real action. right now very little can be done or said until he gets the ticket, the focus now is the party convention and party ticket .

Yup, and the sentiment is strong.

The last thing any northerner will vote for is anyone sympathetic to S.E secession. The brazen overly emotional support for Atiku from known ipob apologists is definitely not helping.

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by onatisi(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2017
QuotaSystem:

Yup, and the sentiment is strong.

The last thing any northerner will vote for is anyone sympathetic to S.E secession. The brazen overly emotional support for Atiku from known ipob apologists is definitely not helping.
forget those shouting on nairaland , when the ticket is won and that is if he wins it . his foot soldiers will move into town . this is politics , every party does it . we saw how apc invaded niraland before 2015 and the social media . i like atiku and sincerely speaking i think he lost his best chance in 2015 but lets see what will happen again
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by WisdomFlakes: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
QuotaSystem:
Word already on the street up north is that Atiku is an "ibo candidate" and the sentiment is spreading fast.

If what you saying is the true situation on ground in that region, then it may work against Atiku. This is reminiscent of the Lagos scenario during the last governorship elections, where the perception of Jimi Agbaje being an 'ibo candidate' lost him a lot of sympathy/goodwill amongst his kin in the state, and ultimately cost him the election.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by jollymizzle(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2017
well sincerely, timing is everything, a few months ago the sentiments would have had a different tone, pmb was terribly sick and away, the economy was bad, moral was generally down. now things are looking up, the economy isn't as bad and pmb is looking healthier than even when he was contesting against Gej. all these I'm sure would constituents a very unpleasant migraine for Atiku. he really needs something to campaign with, restructuring is ok but not potent enough as the national assembly is the ones with power to change the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 07, 2017
Bari22:
PDP just confused themselves, and wait after they fail election in 2019 they will still blame APC for their failure.

Before now, I used to say PDP has internal arrangement more than any party in Nigeria but that one is before.

Zoning chairman and vice to South south and south east is nothing but suicide, marginalising southwest is not a good bet for any party that wants win an election in Nigeria. I'm a northener but I have since realised this.
PDP knows politics very well,and they play it well not with bitterness
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 07, 2017
Mynd44:
A chairman and Deputy from the south?

The PDP is playing a dangerous game sha. They need the SW and can't afford another tussle.

Lolzzzz.......

Na lie we don't need any SW.......

North, SS/SE can do........

SW can hung transfer to all I care

I just love what northern caucus did.....good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: PDP Chairmanship: North Dumps South-West by Goke7: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2017
onatisi:

forget those shouting on nairaland , when the ticket is won and that is if he wins it . his foot soldiers will move into town . this is politics , every party does it . we saw how apc invaded niraland before 2015 and the social media . i like atiku and sincerely speaking i think he lost his best chance in 2015 but lets see what will happen again

and you think APC too will fold their hand abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo: APC Government Intimidating Judges Ahead Of Elections / Bashir El-Rufai Calls Segalinks An Idiot And A Midget / Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.