Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) (5715 Views)

6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong? / The Price Of 500MB Of Mobile Data In Nigeria & Across The World / 2go Chatting On The Mobile Web (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Dclique(m): 9:59am On Mar 30, 2010
In this month’s report, we looked at countries in Africa. The top 10 countries using Opera Mini in Africa are: South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt, Ghana, Libya, Ivory Coast, Zambia, Tanzania, and Namibia.

Snapshot: Nigeria

* Page-view growth since November 2008: 311.2%
* Unique-user growth since November 2008: 211.4%
* Page views per user: 361
* Data (compressed) transferred per user (MB): 5
* Data (compressed) transferred per page view (KB): 14

Top 10 sites in Nigeria (unique users)

1. facebook.com
2. google.com
3. yahoo.com
4. bbc.co.uk
5. goal.com
6. wikipedia.org
7. cnn.com
8. sharemobile.ro
9. nairaland.com
10. myspace.com

Top handsets for November 2009

1. Nokia 3110c
2. Nokia 5130
3. Nokia 2600c
4. Nokia N70
5. Nokia N72
6. Nokia 6300
7. Sony Ericsson K750i
8. Nokia 2630
9. Sony Ericsson K800i
10. Nokia 3500c

Facebook has taken the lead in Africa; it is the most popular site visited by Opera Mini users in 6 out of 10 countries and the #2 site in three of the countries where it is not #1. Google is also very popular, and is ahead of Facebook in a few of the top 10 African countries. Yahoo and Wikipedia are also ubiquitous in the top 10 lists of the various African countries.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Dclique(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2010
Seun thanks for releasing this thread from Mr.Spambots hand. grin
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by sanmitee(m): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
Gud work done seun, it is useful info.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Dclique(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Thats what i said too.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by SwtzMinx(f): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2010
.interesting. . .
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
That's where your awareness stops and not mine. There are so many other sites visited eg. Gmail.com, sunnewsonline.com, blogcatalog.com, asorocknews.com, modernghana.com, thenationonline.com, mylyrics.com etc. And for your information there are numerous nude sites which people constantly visit. One man's food is another's poison. My phone isn't your phone and what i surf on net isn't your buisness. Anywhere, interaction continues.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Genuflect(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
akwaowoudo:

That's where your awareness stops and not mine. There are so many other sites visited eg. Gmail.com, sunnewsonline.com, blogcatalog.com, asorocknews.com, modernghana.com, thenationonline.com, mylyrics.com etc. And for your information there are numerous unclothed sites which people constantly visit. One man's food is another's poison. My phone isn't your phone and what i surf on net isn't your buisness. Anywhere, interaction continues.
Dude, you are not majing sense
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by 4peace(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hope operamini mod not included
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by 4peace(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
akwaowoudo:

That's where your awareness stops and not mine. There are so many other sites visited eg. Gmail.com, sunnewsonline.com, blogcatalog.com, asorocknews.com, modernghana.com, thenationonline.com, mylyrics.com etc. And for your information there are numerous unclothed sites which people constantly visit. One man's food is another's poison. My phone isn't your phone and what i surf on net isn't your buisness. Anywhere, interaction continues.
That's where your awareness stops too.
Dclique pls post the link 4 the slowpoke
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by 4peace(m): 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2010
akwaowoudo:

That's where your awareness stops  too.
Dclique pls post the link 4 the ode
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by cantell(m): 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2010
@akwaowoudo,
E be like say person chop the thing wey dem keep for you.
Wetin be your own sef.
If you have nothing to contribute, leave for the thread.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
Man pidgin dey craze; mama talk say na talent.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Genuflect(m): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
akwaowoudo:

Man pidgin dey craze; mama talk say na talent.
I'm convinced you are confused
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
Genuflect:

Illiteracy obessed.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
Genuflect:

Illiteracy obessed.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Genuflect(m): 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2010
akwaowoudo:

Illiteracy obessed.
What an irony. Wetin be obessed? You come post am twice again. Ode. Lmao
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by hayprof(m): 4:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
Source? same as here: Mobility Nigeria

wink
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by deoyel25(m): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
akwaowoudo:

Guy, your post no make sense atall. Do you know whats called statistics atall? I'm sure you dont. Its a very important topic in maths. I suggest you go back to JSS1. Mumu.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by b0y(m): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
Abeg ooooOOO i apologise on behalf of AKWAOWOUDO.Na me borrow am my phone.Unfortunately he's not too familiar with online forums and its contents plus he seems to have problems with d english language. grin grin grin grin
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by zenus(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
Credit goes to MTN
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by semid4lyfe(m): 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hmm. . .can't say I fault the rating but I was kinda thinking Nairaland would be among the Top 5 sites visited by operamini users in Nigeria.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by semid4lyfe(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2010
Kai. . .I no fit laugh. Even $haremobile.ro made the top 10 courtesy of Nairaland boiz.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Dclique(m): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
Opera: State of the Mobile Web
http://www.opera.com/smw/2009/11/

Opera Mods are not included only mini's.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by IBEXY(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2010
Very good infor. What about iphone apps? or other smartphone applications. Are those things catching up at home yet? There is a huge market around mobile apps and phone based advertising. There is a massive potential in Nigeria for that. Its a good direction to explore.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Kai. . .I no fit laugh. Even $haremobile.ro made the top 10 courtesy of Nairaland boiz.
Don't mind those calibrated fools.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 9:37am On Apr 03, 2010
b0y:

Abeg ooooOOO i apologise on behalf of AKWAOWOUDO.Na me borrow am my phone.Unfortunately he's not too familiar with online forums and its contents plus he seems to have problems with d english language. grin grin grin grin
AS YOU POOR REACH; EMPTY VESSEL.
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by Genuflect(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2010
Semid, you sure say you no go do something about this hediot called akwawhatever. Does he even understand this thread? Lol
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by akwaowoudo(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2010
deoyel25:

Guy, your post no make sense atall. Do you know whats called statistics atall? I'm sure you dont. Its a very important topic in maths. I suggest you go back to JSS1. Mumu.
Error! Don't let me debug you. What do you know about statistics? It's above the mode, mean, etc, you know. Consult me for free tutorials on Stats 111 - Stats422. slowpoke!
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by ZUBBYNWA(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2010

1. facebook.com
2. google.com
3. yahoo.com
4. bbc.co.uk
5. goal.com
6. wikipedia.org
7. cnn.com
8. sharemobile.ro
9. nairaland.com
10. myspace.com

sure, how does nairaland.com number 9 in the list: undecided
Re: Opera (state Of Mobile Web In Nigeria) by 4peace(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2010
1. facebook.com
2. yahoo.com (3)
3. google.com (2)
4. bbc.co.uk
5. wikipedia.org
6. cnnmobile.com
7. sharemobile.ro
8. onthegrid.com (new)
9. goal.com (cool
10. mjoy.com

Top handsets for February 2010
1. Nokia 3110c
2. Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
3. Nokia 2700c
4. Nokia 2600c
5. Nokia N70
6. Nokia N72
7. Nokia 6300
8. Nokia 2330c
9. Sony Ericsson K750i
10. Nokia 2630

This is latest for feb 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Network On My MTN Sim / Airtel Free 500mb Data And 1gb For 2018 / Comparison Samsung Galaxy J7 Vs Samsung Galaxy On7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.