Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications (5081 Views)

See How Qur'an Established A Paradox For Those Disbelieve In It / Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences / One Type Of Disbelief (kufr) Is Disbelief Because Of Doubt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Lukgaf(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2017
*Al Kufr and its Classifications

Alhadulillah wasolatu wasalaam ‘ala rosulillah

Al-Kufr in Arabic language literally means covering and concealing something. In the shar’ia lexis, it means “not believing in Allah and His Messenger”. In extended sense, kufr is the attribute of everyone who rejects something that Allah has commanded us to believe in, after news of that has reached him, whether he rejects it in his heart without uttering it, or he speaks those words of rejection without believing it in his heart, or he does both; or he does an action which is described in the texts as putting one beyond the pale of faith.” Majmu’ al-Fatawa by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 12/335; al-Ihkaam fi Usul al-Ahkaam by Ibn Hazam, 1/45.

Ibn Hazam said in his book al-Fasl: “Rejecting something for which there is sound proof that there can be no faith without believing in it is kufr, and uttering words for which there is proof that uttering them is kufr is kufr. Doing any action for which there is proof that it is kufr is also kufr.”

Basically we have major kufr and minor kufr. Kinds of major kufr includes:

* The kufr of denial and rejection. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“then when there came to them that which they had recognized, they disbelieved in it” Q2:89,146. Q6:33 Q27:14

* The kufr of turning away in arrogance, such as the kufr of Iblees of whom Allah said:
“… except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allaah)” Q2:34, Q24:47

* The kufr of hypocrisy. Allah said (interpretation of the meaning):“And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: ‘We believe in Allaah and the Last Day,’ while in fact they believe not…Q2:8-20

* The kufr of doubt Q18:35-38. A’laam al-Sunnah al-Manshoorah, 177; Nawaaqid al-Eemaan al-Qawliyyah wa’l-‘Amaliyyah by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal ‘Abd al-Lateef, 36-46; Dawaabit al-Takfeer by Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah al-Qarani, 183, 196.

On Minor Kufr (Disbelief)/Some called as Kufr of Practice, Shaykh Fawzan mentioned in Kitaab ut Tawheed:“The minor Kufr, or the practical Kufr, does not constitute apostasy. This type of Kufr comprises of sins that are referred to in the Book and the Sunnah as Kufr, but do not reach the level of major Kufr”[Kitaab ut Tawheed, Disbelief and its Types]. An example is the saying of the Prophet SallAllahu Alayhi wa sallam

لايزني الزاني حين يزني وهو مؤمن…

No adulterer is a believer when he is committing adultery…Reported by Bukhari and Muslim

Another example: The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi was salaam) said the majority of the people in the Hellfire will be women. When asked the reason why this is, the Messenger sallallahu alayhi was salaam said “yakfurnah” meaning “they commit kufr” the Companions then asked “Ayakfurnah billah?” they asked “Is it the kufr in Allah?”(i.e. Major kufr) and then the Prophet sallallahu alayhi was salaam went on to explain that the “kufr” which the women commit is the “kufr” of denying the favours of their husbands to which the wife of Thaabit ibn Qays said “Innee akrah ul kufra fee al islaam”, meaning “but I hate/abhor THE kufr in Islaam” Here the Sahaabiya used the definite article “al” and called this denial of the husbands favours to his wife as “al kufr” meaning “THE KUFR” yet by the unanimously agreement (al-‘Ijmaa’) of the Scholars is “minor” kufr NOT “major kufr.

* Major kufr require renewing kalmatu shahadah and repentance conditions

* Minor kufr require repentance conditions to be met. And generally followed by good deeds in both cases

http://fiqhclass.org/index.php/2017/05/01/al-kufr-and-its-classifications/

May Allah grant us benefiting understanding

2 Likes

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:43am On Dec 08, 2017
Lukgaf:

Alhadulillah wasolatu wasalaam ‘ala rosulillah

Al-Kufr in Arabic language literally means covering and concealing something. In the shar’ia lexis, it means “not believing in Allah and His Messenger”. In extended sense, kufr is the attribute of everyone who rejects something that Allah has commanded us to believe in, after news of that has reached him, whether he rejects it in his heart without uttering it, or he speaks those words of rejection without believing it in his heart, or he does both; or he does an action which is described in the texts as putting one beyond the pale of faith.” Majmu’ al-Fatawa by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 12/335; al-Ihkaam fi Usul al-Ahkaam by Ibn Hazam, 1/45.

Ibn Hazam said in his book al-Fasl: “Rejecting something for which there is sound proof that there can be no faith without believing in it is kufr, and uttering words for which there is proof that uttering them is kufr is kufr. Doing any action for which there is proof that it is kufr is also kufr.”

Basically we have major kufr and minor kufr. Kinds of major kufr includes:

* The kufr of denial and rejection. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“then when there came to them that which they had recognized, they disbelieved in it” Q2:89,146. Q6:33 Q27:14

* The kufr of turning away in arrogance, such as the kufr of Iblees of whom Allah said:
“… except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allaah)” Q2:34, Q24:47

* The kufr of hypocrisy. Allah said (interpretation of the meaning):“And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: ‘We believe in Allaah and the Last Day,’ while in fact they believe not…Q2:8-20

* The kufr of doubt Q18:35-38. A’laam al-Sunnah al-Manshoorah, 177; Nawaaqid al-Eemaan al-Qawliyyah wa’l-‘Amaliyyah by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal ‘Abd al-Lateef, 36-46; Dawaabit al-Takfeer by Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah al-Qarani, 183, 196.

On Minor Kufr (Disbelief)/Some called as Kufr of Practice, Shaykh Fawzan mentioned in Kitaab ut Tawheed:“The minor Kufr, or the practical Kufr, does not constitute apostasy. This type of Kufr comprises of sins that are referred to in the Book and the Sunnah as Kufr, but do not reach the level of major Kufr”[Kitaab ut Tawheed, Disbelief and its Types]. An example is the saying of the Prophet SallAllahu Alayhi wa sallam

لايزني الزاني حين يزني وهو مؤمن…

No adulterer is a believer when he is committing adultery…Reported by Bukhari and Muslim

Another example: The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi was salaam) said the majority of the people in the Hellfire will be women. When asked the reason why this is, the Messenger sallallahu alayhi was salaam said “yakfurnah” meaning “they commit kufr” the Companions then asked “Ayakfurnah billah?” they asked “Is it the kufr in Allah?”(i.e. Major kufr) and then the Prophet sallallahu alayhi was salaam went on to explain that the “kufr” which the women commit is the “kufr” of denying the favours of their husbands to which the wife of Thaabit ibn Qays said “Innee akrah ul kufra fee al islaam”, meaning “but I hate/abhor THE kufr in Islaam” Here the Sahaabiya used the definite article “al” and called this denial of the husbands favours to his wife as “al kufr” meaning “THE KUFR” yet by the unanimously agreement (al-‘Ijmaa’) of the Scholars is “minor” kufr NOT “major kufr.

* Major kufr require renewing kalmatu shahadah and repentance conditions

* Minor kufr require repentance conditions to be met. And generally followed by good deeds in both cases

Aameen bro, it's not easy to be a staunch Yoruba and a Muslim without Shirk/Kufr. May Allah protect us all. Aamin.

4 Likes

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Ojuororun(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2017
Space booker hmn
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by BetaThings: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2017
Lukgaf:

Alhamduli Llah wasolatu wasalaam ‘ala rosulillah

Amin
May Allah keep us firm
Thanks for the reminder
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Pataricatering(f): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2017
Don’t people have a right to disbelieve if they want to ?- indicting people who do not believe in what you believe in is contrary to ‘ there is no compulsion in Islam “ ? It’s things like these that fuel ISIS bombing and killing so-called disbelievers - why should people who don’t believe in your religion be labeled disbelievers ? Must everybody follow Islam ? Islam has been around for more than a thousand years yet the whole world is not Muslim ! If Allah truly wanted us to be all Muslim a 1400 years should he adequate for everyone to have converted !

3 Likes

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
So women turn into disbelievers if they don't agree to give husband sex kwanu?

But men don't turn into disbelievers if they don't provide for their wives or if they beat her unjustly.

Islam is very wonderful.

5 Likes

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by STARKACE(m): 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pataricatering:
Don’t people have a right to disbelieve if they want to ?- indicting people who do not believe in what you believe in is contrary to ‘ there is no compulsion in Islam “ ? It’s things like these that fuel ISIS bombing and killing so-called disbelievers - why should people who don’t believe in your religion be labeled disbelievers ? Must everybody follow Islam ? Islam has been around for more than a thousand years yet the whole world is not Muslim ! If Allah truly wanted us to be all Muslim a 1400 years should he adequate for everyone to have converted !
you didn't create yourself, so you gat no right to disbelieve in God that created you.

2 Likes

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Pataricatering(f): 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Muslims forever lying about “ no compulsion in Islam “ yet your prophet cursed Jews and Christians , called them pigs and labeled people kaffirs but there is no compulsion !
STARKACE:
you didn't create yourself, so you gat no right to disbelieve in God that created you.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by sheffyUTD(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pataricatering:

You are turning the verse on its heads . . . No compulsion in Islam literary means you are at liberty to follow wahtever you chose to believe in. 'Non-believer, disbeliver' or any other adjective you know is a term of reference, same way non Cheristians are refered to as lost sheep in the bible (you ever wonder its original meaning in Aramaic language of the Prophet that was given the Bible ). Let's always examine thing based on knowlege of it not sentient or perception, ISIS has no root or any logic in ISLAM
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by sheffyUTD(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
NLmember:
So women turn into disbelievers if they don't agree to give husband sex kwanu?

But men don't turn into disbelievers if they don't provide for their wives or if they beat her unjustly.

Islam is very wonderful.

I want to reply this because of your likes. You are bringing two things that are not related together.

First, The example you picked on is an Hadith of the prohet (SAW) which in simple lesson, want women to learn to appreciate their husband no matter how little. For every saying of the Prophet, there is interpretation of the meaning. You are being mischevious because the OP did not mention sex, seek knowledge, it will free your mind.

Second, the reward or punishment for husband, wife, and children that fulfil or abdicate from their responsibilities to each others are well stated. Not under this topic.

And for people creating threads on religious matter, please comment on what you know, and leave those in grey areas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by STARKACE(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pataricatering:
Muslims forever lying about “ no compulsion in Islam “ yet your prophet cursed Jews and Christians , called them pigs and labeled people kaffirs but there is no compulsion !
this shit makes no sense, WTF are you even saying? KUFR is another word for unbeliever. You Christians always insult Islam outta ignorance cos its totally against the modern day false lives you all living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
BOBO LUGKAF YI . . hehe . .beware of his posts o. baba nla olodo ni bobo yen o. see how he twist fatawa . . chai. . how many times will i tell you to stop copying and pasting? didnt i tell you to understand the exact issue you want to post before copying and pasting? ehn .. olodo ni e o .. am very sure pe elegbe ni e ... i saw your comment on a thread of a NEW REVERT INTO ISLAM. . and you are directing that person to ACADIP. . se oro egbe o tun ye e mo ni? you do not understand firoq again ni? abi firoq aint kufru ni? abi making dawah using bible aint kufru ni? . . kufru is divided into 2. .rosul divided it. . major and min0r. min0r kufru is also kufru . .example rosul gave is RIYA (pride) . . this lugkaf then go quote THE MEANING AND USAGE OF KUFRU TO DIVIDE KUFRU INTO SIN. . kufru means shirk in some usage . .and rosul also use kufru as a sin in another usage .. se dolala that means nothing,forgetfulness,mistake,sin,kufru,bidia ..dolala ti divide bayen abi. . olodo oshi ..QP

I still don't know how many Salafs preached Islam like this calling people olodo, etc like someone who wasn't well trained from home. how many of your brothers and sisters from home have the little knowledge this brother you call olodo has? Even your parents at home may still be eating rice with spoon and probably using tesuba, and it was revealed here that you were once a "don jazzy". Please if don't know how to correct people with hikmah without abuse, please I beg you keep quiet and stop belittling yourself.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I still don't know how many Salafs preached Islam like this calling people olodo, etc like someone who wasn't well trained from home. how many of your brothers and sisters from home have the little knowledge this brother you call olodo has? Even your parents at home may still be eating rice with spoon and probably using tesuba, and it was revealed here that you were once a "don jazzy". Please if don't know how to correct people with hikmah without abuse, please I beg you keep quiet and stop belittling yourself.
BIRDS OF SAME FEATHER FLOCKS TOGETHER . . wont say m0re than that. AND IF YOU BELIEVE KUFRU IS DIVIDED INTO KUFRU AND SIN, you have made tashreey into islam
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
BIRDS OF SAME FEATHER FLOCKS TOGETHER . . wont say m0re than that. AND IF YOU BELIEVE KUFRU IS DIVIDED INTO KUFRU AND SIN, you have made tashreey into islam

What's that you name sef?
It's better you go and face your work and stop spreading Jabatawisky here.

I am a Muslim.
I am Salafy.
I subscribe to the ahl Sunnah Manhaj and Aqeedah.

Think whatever you can of me.

But you are a Jabatawisky and not truly any of the three above.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

What's that you name sef?
It's better you go and face your work and stop spreading Jabatawisky here.

I am a Muslim.
I am Salafy.
I subscribe to the ahl Sunnah Manhaj and Aqeedah.

Think whatever you can of me.

But you are a Jabatawisky and not truly any of the three above.
Laugh rolling on the floor . .awon eyan sarumi, alaro, amubieya, ejigbo ni e. . . u wil be doing walimah aqeeqoh, u wil hate jabata, bidia is kufru and sin, sufi are sinners, no kafir among muslims, u wil respect aw0n tohgut elegbe, u are against qobla zawal and wearing foot wear for salah . . aqeedah re ni mo n ka fun e yen o . .add d one i miss o . . laughing
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Laugh rolling on the floor . .awon eyan sarumi, alaro, amubieya, ejigbo ni e. . . u wil be doing walimah aqeeqoh, u wil hate jabata, bidia is kufru and sin, sufi are sinners, no kafir among muslims, u wil respect aw0n tohgut elegbe, u are against qobla zawal and wearing foot wear for salah . . aqeedah re ni mo n ka fun e yen o . .add d one i miss o . . laughing

Do you have 'ilm al-ghayb? how do you know what I do or what I don't do?

I have said it before. This version of Islam is only from Jabata. You are not out to call people to Islam but to find fault in Muslims and spread Jabatawisky.

I think I am free from you and your Manhaj.

Bye.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

I have said it before. This version of Islam is only from Jabata. You are not out to call people to Islam but to find fault in Muslims and spread Jabatawisky.

Bye.
Laughing. . .am enjoying this. . . the only people that call jabata by the name jabatawizky ARE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THOSE DOLAL AND THEIR LECTURERS . . i forgot to add in ur aqeedah, sp0on aint bidia, tesubah aint bidia . .
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Bye.
Laughing. . .am enjoying this. . . the only people that call jabata by the name jabatawizky ARE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THOSE DOLAL AND THEIR LECTURERS . . i forgot to add in ur aqeedah, sp0on aint bidia, tesubah aint bidia . . laughing . . oh . .less i forgot. .jabata is a khawarij . .laugh1ng.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Laughing. . .am enjoying this. . . the only people that call jabata by the name jabatawizky ARE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THOSE DOLAL AND THEIR LECTURERS . . i forgot to add in ur aqeedah, sp0on aint bidia, tesubah aint bidia . .

Evidently you are an ignoramus and a arrogant braggart!
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Evidently you are an ignoramus and a arrogant braggart!
LAUGHING . . . despite the fact that saying amen after dua has no dalil in islam, u insisted on saying it. .dont u kn0w u are doing bidia?
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 11, 2017
sheffyUTD:

I want to reply this because of your likes. You are bringing two things that are not related together.

First, The example you picked on is an Hadith of the prohet (SAW) which in simple lesson, want women to learn to appreciate their husband no matter how little. For every saying of the Prophet, there is interpretation of the meaning. You are being mischevious because the OP did not mention sex, seek knowledge, it will free your mind.

Second, the reward or punishment for husband, wife, and children that fulfil or abdicate from their responsibilities to each others are well stated. Not under this topic.

And for people creating threads on religious matter, please comment on what you know, and leave those in grey areas.

Why are women more in hell first of all, regardless of whether that hadith is talking about sex?
You don't see the bias and sexism in that hadith? The population of men to women on earth is roughly 1:1.5, almost 50/50 yet more women will end up in hell for very silly reasons like 'denying their husbands favours'.
So what happens to men that deny their wives favors? What about the ones that maltreat and don't care for their wives?

Men who are supposed to be leaders and in charge of propagating the religion and ensuring everyone sticks to it don't get as much punishment than women who are to be subservient and subjugated to them.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2017
NLmember:

Why are women more in hell first of all, regardless of whether that hadith is talking about sex?
You don't see the bias and sexism in that hadith? The population of men to women on earth is roughly 1:1.5, almost 50/50 yet more women will end up in hell for very silly reasons like 'denying their husbands favours'.
So what happens to men that deny their wives favors? What about the ones that maltreat and don't care for their wives?

Men who are supposed to be leaders and in charge of propagating the religion and ensuring everyone sticks to it don't get as much punishment than women who are to be subservient and subjugated to them.

When we criticise, we often criticise based on the limited knowledge we have. Those who are knowledgeable than us will see through our ignorance.

It is true that women will be more in hell and also more in Paradise. They will be more on Earth too.

There are a lot of reasons why women will be in hell which are stated in many Hadiths. Allah can forgive anyone who He wishes provided the person has Faith(Iman).

The husband has rights over his wife and the wife too has rights over his husband. The rights are different. While the husband is to provide accommodation, clothing and feeding and other expenses. He also have to lead the house. He sins if he falls short of the duties within his means.

The man is the shepherd of the house and he will questioned on how he treats his flocks.

Whoever does an atom's weight of good shall see it and whoever does an atom's weight of evil shall see it. And this is general.
Re: Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 11, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

When we criticise, we often criticise based on the limited knowledge we have. Those who are knowledgeable than us will see through our ignorance.

It is true that women will be more in hell and also more in Paradise. They will be more on Earth too.

Show me just one hadith or Quran verse saying women will be more in paradise and I will let this issue go.
As for your thinking women will be more on earth; big lie or guesswork Census has consistently showed the population of males and females to be either the same or with men more than women.

From Wikipedia:

Like most sexual species, the sex ratio in humans is approximately 1:1. Due to higher female fetal mortality,[2] the sex ratio at birth worldwide is commonly thought to be 107 boys to 100 girls,[3] although this value is subject to debate in the scientific community.The sex ratio for the entire world population is 101 males to 100 females.[4] Depending upon which definition is used, between 0.1% and 1.7% of live births are intersex.[5][6]

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Islamic Calendar / Genocide Of Shia Muslims In Pakistan / Permissibly Of Haraam Things In The Case Of Necessity And The Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.