Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal (20708 Views)

UK Court Jails Abdulrahman Bashir, CEO Of Rahamaniyya Oil For Contempt / Prince Arthur Eze Arrives At The Opening Of Zone 13 Police Headquarters In Style / Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by SmartyPants(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
MobilityExpress:
Oyinbo don’t joke with contracts. What you sign is binding or you get sued and pay fine grin

Lol. You dont pay fines for breaching a contract. The court can only force you to behave in line with the terms of the contract. Nothing more.
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by InvertedHammer: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
nwakibie3:
Popular billionaire prince, Arthur Eze, has been sued for £1.8 million by a couple who claimed they were left stranded after he pulled out of buying their £5million mansion.

Daily Mail reports that the couple, identified as Richard and Deborah Conway, told a High Court that they were left stranded after Prince Eze pulled out of buying their £5million mansion.

According to them, they were already committed to buying a house in Cambridge and had to take out an expensive bridging loan when the deal with Prince Eze was no longer tenable.

The couple claims they were forced to sell their home at a reduced price of £4.2 million, and are suing the prince to recover losses as well as “family expenses”.

However Prince Eze, who is said to be worth £2 billion, denied breaching his contract with the couple. He has also counter-sued Mr. and Mrs Conway for the return of a £500,000 deposit.

Mr Conway, 62, said he and his wife wanted to “pay off all our debts and start again” with an eye on retirement when they put their home up for sale for £5 million.

Their lawyer, Matthew Collings, said: “It was necessary for them to obtain bridging finance to fill the huge hole left by Prince Eze’s failure to complete, and failure to pay the balance of the purchase price.”

The court heard they exchanged contracts for the nine-bedroom home in August 2015, but Prince Eze had been acting through a “go-between” and had never seen the house.

The 62-year-old prince, the founder of oil firm Atlas Oranto Petroleum, paid a 10 per cent deposit of £500,000 but now alleges the deal was void because the Conways agreed to pay the agent a “secret commission” to secure the sale.

The Conways, who denied any inappropriate conduct, said the agent contacted them initially without Prince Eze’s knowledge and later raised the prospect of a £75,000 agent’s fee.

They claim the agent then “threatened to scupper the deal” unless he was paid.

Testifying in court, Prince Eze said he had good intentions when he agreed to buy the house; stressing that he wanted “a genuine investment in the UK”.

“I wasn’t concerned about the price but I was concerned about people being open,” he said.

“I thought there was something funny going on,” he added.

The Prince rejected a suggestion he had pulled out of the deal because of a drastic drop in oil prices.

Judge Andrew Keyser QC reserved his judgement to a later date.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/06/arthur-eze-dragged-uk-court-pulling-5million-mansion-deal/
/

Arthur Ezeh is right. The agent threatened the sellers and they succumbed to his shenanigan.
Arthur suspected foul play and pulled out of the deal. If the sellers used the words that implied that
they were threatened by the agent for commission/fee variation, the case is DOA. No valid deal is made
under duress.

//
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by jamih: 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
LessNoise:
Wait he said he's not buying again and you sued him...ayam not understanding ontop my money again. These folks sef

may be the deal is binding
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by Thisisallme(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
Lol........he doesnt even manage 0.0001% of world hangers.....[/quote]

God pls let brain fall on this dullard..
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by d33types: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
DeLaRue:
If someone is worth so- called 2 billion pounds, why would they travel all the way to the UK to appear in court to give evidence & be embarrassed over a 'mere' 1 million pounds grin

Fact: the true worth of some Nigerians are exaggerated.

Just settle out of court & move on.

Nigerians. You guys are hard to please.
If he didn't show up you'll be the first to curse him out.
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
DeLaRue:
If someone is worth so- called 2 billion pounds, why would they travel all the way to the UK to appear in court to give evidence & be embarrassed over a 'mere' 1 million pounds grin

Fact: the true worth of some Nigerians are exaggerated.

Just settle out of court & move on.
Your comment shows you do not him at all. He has about six oil wells in brazil and Saudi. He gave Tony Nwoye 20b naira for campaign in last Anambra election. Make enquiries before you say what you don't know about ppl
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by dnative(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
SmartyPants:

What would happen is merely that the defaulting buyer would lose his deposit.

A defaulting seller is also liable and can be sued by the buyer for breach of contract and recover costs (solicitors fees, searches, surveys, time etc)
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by Timitunechi(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
funny part is this man owes my dad a lot of salaries ... but yet he spends like alot but owe the people under him a lot ..... but then this is Nigeria what can man do...
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by talk2emma: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
“I wasn’t concerned about the price but I was concerned about people being open,” he said.

When you have money you talk like a boss anywhere
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by sapele914(m): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
mayorkyzo:
All these entitled folks..if I don't want to buy again is it by force
The problem in Court is the Prince Eze wants his 500 Thousand Pounds deposit back but the Oyibos do not want to return his money,they want to use ogboju to claim they used the money to sustain theirselves while they were waiting for the sale to go through and which unfortunately I believe they have a good chance of winning just looking at Prince Eze in the picture above and in his testimony that money is not the issue the Judge will gladly rule against him.

The Court will try it's utmost best to rule in favour of her people what is their business ruling in favour of a supposed oil criminal from Nigeria?
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by Priceless200(f): 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
Timitunechi:
funny part is this man owes my dad a lot of salaries ... but yet he spends like alot but owe the people under him a lot ..... but then this is Nigeria what can man do...

You lie, you re a liar from the pit of hell. Arthur Eze never owes salary, Never! majority of people who works in his house/offices does nothing for him, but are paid to the last month no matter where Arthur is, you salary must get to you.

Unless you have been sacked, which can happen any moment with him.

What's your father's name and in which of his house/office does(was) he work(ing) ? Abuja? Enugu? Ukpo? UK? Where exactly pls?

Please stop this mindless blasphemy and rubbing people's name in the mud just to score cheap public stunts.
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by poseidon12: 12:19am On Dec 09, 2017
The agent would obviously be a Nigerian. His action shows that.
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by poseidon12: 12:20am On Dec 09, 2017
three:
This guy with all this background on him can still become a Governor in today's Nigeria.

Case in point, his career mimic that is currently Governor of Imo.

People know who these people are, how they get into power and then people feign surprise is bewildering.

Grammar.
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by Timitunechi(m): 2:18am On Dec 09, 2017
Priceless200:

You lie, you re a liar from the pit of hell. Arthur Eze never owes salary, Never! majority of people who works in his house/offices does nothing for him, but are paid to the last month no matter where Arthur is, you salary must get to you.

Unless you have been sacked, which can happen any moment with him.

What's your father's name and in which of his house/office does(was) he work(ing) ? Abuja? Enugu? Ukpo? UK? Where exactly pls?

Please stop this mindless blasphemy and rubbing people's name in the mud just to score cheap public stunts.
he worked in premier breweries in Onitsha .... kindly ask around ... owned by eze
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by DonEvarest(m): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2017
LessNoise:
Wait he said he's not buying again and you sued him...ayam not understanding ontop my money again. These folks sef
It's a breach of Contract on his part... He being the offeror and the plaintiff being the offeree set the contract binding on both the moment The offer to buy the house at that price was accepted by the plaintiff...
Though The Defendant didn't show any outwward sign of withdrawal from the contract, therefore it cannot be ascertained that he is in any breach...
Re: Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal by Priceless200(f): 9:07am On Dec 09, 2017
Timitunechi:

he worked in premier breweries in Onitsha .... kindly ask around ... owned by eze
OH well sorry about that then, that must be donkey years ago. I am aware premier breweries is still operating till today, I drink their water in Abuja at least and I have not heard any of their staff being owed. And I can't really ascertain if really premier breweries is solely owned by Prince Eze.

But what I know very very well and is so sure of is that the man Arthur Eze DOES NOT OWE SALARIES. It is in no way synonymous with him. No way. Cause I know thousands of workers under his payroll who doesn't even come to work or is economically valuable to him but still receives their salaries every month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GSK Quits Kenya 4 Months After Nigeria Exit / Nigeria Railways Introduces First-class Passenger Trains In Lagos / How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.