Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change (537 Views)

Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed / Roman Catholic: Pope Francis Calls For Change In ‘the Lord’s Prayer’ / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by moticonquer(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pope Francis has called for a translation of a
phrase about temptation in the Lord's Prayer to
be changed.

The current wording that says "lead us not into
temptation" is not a good translation because God does
not lead humans to sin, he says.

His suggestion is to use "do not let us fall into
temptation" instead, he told Italian TV on Wednesday
night.

The Lord's Prayer is the best-known prayer in
Christianity.

The pontiff said France's Roman Catholic Church was now using the new wording "do not let us fall into temptation" as an alternative, and something similar should be used worldwide.

"Do not let me fall into temptation because it is I who
fall, it is not God who throws me into temptation and
then sees how I fell," he told TV2000, an Italian Catholic
TV channel.

"A father does not do that, a father helps you to get up
immediately."

It is a translation from the Latin Vulgate, a 4th-Century
Latin translation of the Bible, which itself was translated
from ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic.

Since the beginning of his papacy, Pope Francis has not
shied away from controversy and has tackled some issues head-on, Vatican observers say.

He has previously said the Roman Catholic Church
should apologise to gay people for the way it has
treated them .

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42279427

Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by amunkita(m): 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
End Time....
Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by OfficialAwol(m): 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
amunkita:
End Time....

You are either an unreasonable protestant fool or simply stupid.

How could you not have seen reason in what the Holy Father is saying?

Does God lead to Temptation?

God is perfect, and if he is, it therefore means that he cannot set out to make us imperfect as he admonished us to be perfect like him.

It was men, who made the first "The Lord's Prayer", it's still men who will make amends if they have discovered the first translation to be fallible.
Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by amunkita(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
OfficialAwol:

You are either an unreasonable protestant fool or simply stupid.

How could you not have seen reason in what the Holy Father is saying?

Does God lead to Temptation?

God is perfect, and if he is, it therefore means that he cannot set out to make us imperfect as he admonished us to be perfect like him.

It was men, who made the first "The Lord's Prayer", it's still men who will make amends if they have discovered the first translation to be fallible.

Holy father in support of gay
Hahahahahahaha
Hahahhahahaha
Hahahahahahaha

Abeg shift make I faint ooooo

I better call TB Joshua holy than that end time man...

Well, stupid people worship man...

2 Likes

Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
U cant change the Bible...
Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by Gratia(f): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
What about changing some Catholic doctrine?
Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by engrtee(f): 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
so the Bible can be remixed,revised,edited and mistranslated and someone says God word can never change
Re: Lord's Prayer: Pope Francis Calls For Change by moticonquer(m): 7:33am On Dec 09, 2017
engrtee:
so the Bible can be remixed,revised,edited and mistranslated and someone says God word can never change

God's word can't be changed.....God didn't come down and write the bible!!. It was translated from the original greek and hebrew or Aramaic into present day English....hence the flaws. Or why do you think there are different translations. It's only a language thing I hope you learn

(1) (Reply)

Ten Surprising Similarities Between Judaism & Islam / Prophecy For Israel 2018 / Fire In The Word - An Experience At Our Daily Manna (ODM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.