Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? (10202 Views)

How Did You React When You Noticed That You Can't Access Facebook, Whatsapp? / Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? - Pay / Have You Noticed That This Application Isn't On Playstore Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Prechy2836(m): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
NLbully:
please can you kindly upload your data usage
Notice the second picture it's not even upto dat cos I've forgotten the exact day buh I know it was Sunday night breaking Monday... so how is dat exhausting 500mb

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Explorers(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2017
g
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Rockyrascal(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
I thought I was the only one that noticed that.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Rick9(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Prechy2836:
Notice the second picture it's not even upto dat cos I've forgotten the exact day buh I know it was Sunday night breaking Monday... so how is dat exhausting 500mb

With what am seeing in that Night plan , is like you subscribe late for it cos I can see the message time as 3AM,

Note that once you Subscribe for MTN Night plan, and it gets to 3AM they would start to throttle the speed and once it's 4am they clear the data,

If you want to use Night Plan, subscribe as early as 00:00 Midnight.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by armadeo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lorhdany:
This is very true. This month alone I've subscribed to the 1Gb plan twice. Even the #25 night plan vanishes like magic. Just early this morning I subscribed to the #25 night plan, five minutes later they said I've exhausted it. Just now now. And I'm serious o, just 5 minutes on Nairaland without downloading anything.

Lol.

I noticed this some time last month. I bought 10Gb like 4 times meanwhile the Airtel 10GB was still running.

This time I bought 3GB just 2 days ago and downloaded 500mb worth of series. Now it's just 700mb left.

Once this is gone am just going to use them for WhatsApp only.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by armadeo(m): 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ps gurus saying we know nothing.

None of you even said how we should disable the data. Also my Airtel doesn't run as mad as the Mtn.

So wTF are you guys saying.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Prechy2836(m): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rick9:

With what am seeing in that Night plan , is like you subscribe late for it cos I can see the message time as 3AM,

Note that once you Subscribe for MTN Night plan, and it gets to 3AM they would start to throttle the speed and once it's 4am they clear the data,

If you want to use Night Plan, subscribe as early as 00:00 Midnight.
Normally I used to sub even 3:30am then the speed is always the highest so in no time I make use of it.. But now even if I sub 00:00AM I no dey enjoy am..
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
denziz:

Don't worry one day they must pay back all they have stolen, we are waiting for that day to come.
Sadly they might get away with it
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by nelsonebby(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
y'all have got to stop using Snapchat. that app sucks MB quick
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Harddiskng(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
Explorers:
Every week i subscribe and consume 1GB - 2GB and that ive been doing for years.

But about a month now, i noticed 2GB exhausts in 3days or so.

I use UC mini browser, image quality medium.

No Instagram, Youtube, online movies or videos, and downloads.

Anybody experiencing this

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Now it has gotten out of hand. Which service standardization govt parastal can we file a complaint with.

I have monitored this closely, its now obvious that i am being cheated angry

I over 40 apps on my phone, i went as far as deactivating access to data for most leaving only 14 essential apps which even use data just on demand (whatsapp, banks apps n email accounts). Switched my browser to UC browser; picture quality set at lowest.

Still i got 3gb yesterday as i speak to you i have 1.6gb. How? No video/music download. No social media account (eg no twitter, no snapchat, no instagram, deactivated facebook).

If i were on social media they would have to block me by the time i start with them on this their new development. I would get a proper data usage app so anyone taking a stance with them could know they are taking sides with corporate thieves.

This would be my last subscription with MTN. They can use their data by themselves. tongue
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Explorers(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
Harddiskng:

Now it has gotten out of hand. Which service standardization govt parastal can we file a complaint with.

I over 40 apps on my phone, i went as far as deactivating access to data for most leaving only 14 essential apps which even use data just on demand (whatsapp, banks apps n email accounts). Switched my browser to UC browser; picture quality set at lowest.

Still i got 3gb yesterday as i speak to you i have 1.6gb. How? No video/music download. No social media account (eg no twitter, no snapchat, no instagram, deactivated facebook).

If i were on social media they would have to block me by the time i start with them on this their new development. I would get a proper data usage app so anyone taking a stance with them could know they are taking sides with corporate thieves.

This would be my last subscription with MTN. They can use their data by themselves. tongue

Bros d tin tire me o.... Na Glo i dey use now, but the network ehn
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by mank1234(m): 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
I had 2 MTN b4 (prepaid and postpaid). They claimed I owed them approx 19k as at 2013 when my monthly limit was 5k. I had since dropped the line when they refused me porting. The second line I had since ported to etisalat. Etisalat might be costlier but I'm enjoying it.

Your worst connection
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by SUGARSON(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
NLbully:
Y'all just yamming rubbish I also noticed the data reduction after my investigation I noticed it was the google play store zapping it like shit

Just disable background data usage for google play store and stop crying
EXACTLY! BUT MANY PEOPLE DOESN'T KNOW THAT.
THAT GOOGLE PLAY APP IS THE MAJOR CULPRIT IN DATA ZAPPING.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by maasoap(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
prodiG:
Airtel is much better.They can zap 4 africa.I suggest you port to glo....that is if their service is in your area to avoid breaking ur phone in frustration grin
There was no way you would use glo Internet that you wouldn't think of smashing your phone against the wall or destroying your sim card.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by maasoap(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Prechy2836:
Normally I used to sub even 3:30am then the speed is always the highest so in no time I make use of it.. But now even if I sub 00:00AM I no dey enjoy am..
I use their night plan to download. Sometimes it is fast and sometimes, I would just dash them my N25, off my phone and go to sleep because of serious throttling of downloading speed.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Goalnaldo(m): 3:48am On Apr 16, 2018
prodiG:
Airtel is much better.They can zap 4 africa.I suggest you port to glo....that is if their service is in your area to avoid breaking ur phone in frustration grin
I have data but can't use it.. Network very poor in my area
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by konvat: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
maasoap:

There was no way you would use glo Internet that you wouldn't think of smashing your phone against the wall or destroying your sim card.

Glo network can be frustrating, my browsing speed changes anytime i move my phone even if it's just a slight movement . I had to locate a good spot for browsing and then use wifi to browse on my laptop.

Airtel is better here but those guys are like vampires sucking the life out of data. Imagine your phone reading 300mb usage while airtel says 500mb.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
network operators, communication minister, Nigeria govt. are all common THIEVES!
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
ALl of you complaining about Data usage should use VPN, it's the best thing that can Mask your ip address, don't you know if you are browsing unknown sites they store your ip and can use that same ip address to do alot of things and even use your subscription without you knowing, and mtn is an exposed platform so they make a lot of exploits (tho few people know this technique), but honestly speaking me am a heavy browser so I disabled my DNS cache so whenever I want to browse all I have to do it turn on my VPN so mtn won't deduct more than am supposed to have used.. And you guys need to automatic updates and make sure your sim cards are not cloned.. And honestly speaking mtn is full of crap.. I'll get an Etisalat sim and test out their network
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
Harddiskng:

unfortunately iPhone zaps data like hell grin my man who is using iPhone subscribes to 20gig.. Man iPhone ain't for people who are managing their lives the rich know why they buy expensive phones
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by noholdsbarred(m): 9:13am On Aug 06, 2018
Explorers:
Every week i subscribe and consume 1GB - 2GB and that ive been doing for years.

But about a month now, i noticed 2GB exhausts in 3days or so.

I use UC mini browser, image quality medium.

No Instagram, Youtube, online movies or videos, and downloads.

Anybody experiencing this

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

So true. I usually exhaust 10gb day in a month, now I exhaust it in less than 10 days

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Airtel 4gb For N1500 / Mtn Benin To Mtn Nigeria. / Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.