Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

What Are Those Things You Missed Because Of Internet Invention? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Those Things You Missed Because Of Internet Invention? (372 Views)

What Are Those Things You Can Afford No Matter How Broke You Are? / What Are Those Things You Are Sorry And Need To Make Amends For This Year / A List Of Internet Service Providers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Those Things You Missed Because Of Internet Invention? by Psoul(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2017
Good morning wonderful Nairalanders and great yuletide season.

What are those things you missed due to internet invention?
For me, there are few of them that when I remember them, I feel we should go back to those years, though internet made most of them easy, but there are fun and suspense associated to the old ways that internet has eroded.

In those old days, during a Christmas like dis especially during the Secondary School year, the suspense, joy and happiness associated to going to book stores sourcing for Christmas Card befitting a particular friend adds joy to the season. Secondly, wen you get this card, you comes back thinking of beautiful message to attach to the card makes the whole thing so sweet.

Your expectations of who will send u Christmas Car and what the person will write inside the card used to be so sweet.
This is also applicable during school exams. The volume of Success cards received tell much about how much you are known. The joy of displaying these cards to friends could not be imagined.

Another one i missed is the letter writing to a loved one. Whaooo.... you remember how you keep late nights coining romantic word to sweep her off her feet. The tension and suspense that grips you as u want to deliver that letter to her. The suspense that you feel waiting for her response. The joy you have wen she responds positively. Those cupid arrows piercing through a heart you will draw on one side of that letter. The two hearts joined together that you will also draw on another side. Those big grammar you will blow in the letter to show her how worded you are.

Oh..!!! Internet the bad good guy that has shown us the fastest way of doing things and also took away from us our old sweet suspense, fun and joy.

Please share wt us what internet has made u to miss.

The Indomie generation, u may just wish to sit by the side and savour the experience you never had.
Re: What Are Those Things You Missed Because Of Internet Invention? by duduade: 6:53am On Dec 09, 2017
Reading hard copies of novels
Re: What Are Those Things You Missed Because Of Internet Invention? by DjAndroid: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2017
I recently found out I am gradually forgetting some spellings of words because of smartphone typing predictive mode. This is very bad.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Things You Missed Because Of Internet Invention? by bjt(m): 7:28am On Dec 09, 2017
DjAndroid:
I recently found out I am gradually forgetting some spellings of words because of smartphone typing predictive mode. This is very bad.

Thought it was only me

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fulani, Boko Haram Committing Genocide Against Middle Belt People / Hangry, Ransomware And Swag Added To Oxford English Dictionary / Dare To Prove Them Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.