Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo (762 Views)

Obasanjo And Wife, Stella After His Release From Yola Prison In 1998 (Throwback) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo / The Man Who Almost Rescued Nigeria From This Present Quagmire - Pic (2) (3) (4)

I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by kolawolepet: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2017
Source:-e:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/almost-rescued-prison-commando-style-ex-president-obasanjo/

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday morning recounted how he was almost set free from Yola prisons commando-style by “international friends”.

Although he did not state the year, he was in prison from 1995 to 1998 on allegations of coup plot against the military government of Sani Abacha.

He said when he was sent to prison, “some of my international friends sent a message that they were ready to storm the Yola prisons and rescue me in a helicopter and take me to safety in Cameroon, but I said no, if you do that I will not leave the prison”.

Obasanjo was speaking at the 20th anniversary of the death of Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, a retired major general and his deputy when he was military head of state from 1976-1979.

Both Obasanjo and Yar’Adua were arrested in 1995 over what many considered a phantom coup allegation by Abacha.

Source:-e:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/almost-rescued-prison-commando-style-ex-president-obasanjo/

Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by sincerlyyo(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2017
Lie.
Of what benefit would that be to them ?
Shior
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by juman(m): 7:41am On Dec 09, 2017
Useless old man.
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by Ayoemrys(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2017
juman:
Useless old man.
So Who Is Useless Btw You And Him Think.
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by edoman2016: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2017
No be only commando, why you no use jack beuer style to escape.
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by Obijulius: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2017
Another mumu talk.

Special shout out to Trump for recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Headslammers go and ....
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by abescom: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2017
And obj would have been killed had it failed. But maybe Nigeria would have been better for it as gej would probably have never been president if not for OBJ.

Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by efighter: 8:02am On Dec 09, 2017
juman:
Useless old man.

Pls post your father's picture and a list of his life achievements, let everyone compare and contrast.

Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by potent5(m): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2017
OBJ should reveal their names. They must be charged for conspiracy to commit a felony.
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by DrRasheed: 8:18am On Dec 09, 2017
Oga I swear u don LIE.
Re: I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo by juman(m): 8:50am On Dec 09, 2017
efighter:

Pls post your father's picture and a list of his life achievements, let everyone compare and contrast.

Obj, the money launderer. grin grin

He has so many "achievements" o. grin grin

Poverty Ravaging Nigerians Under APC Govt – PDP / The Change Is Here: Buhari’s Blockbuster North-south Gas Highway / Dino Melaye Got A 25 Litres Of Petrol As Christmas Gift