Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

My Concern With NUAS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Concern With NUAS (343 Views)

Three Reasons Why ASUU Strike Should Not Be A Source Of Concern To Nigerians / To Whom It May Concern For Nysc Exclusion Certificate For Noun Graduates / Consign Or Concern? Which Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Concern With NUAS by Brightutoon(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2017
MY CONCERN WITH NUAS I want to personally appreciate the apex student’s body in Andoni – National Union of Andoni Students [NUAS]. Ever since the existence of this body motivation, good performances of greatness were experienced in the lives of Andoni students and youth entirely. Before I came to being, NUAS was already formed. I've not glanced through her laws but I want to appreciate her policy strategies and modus- operandi. She is a nice body to be identified with. I believe so much in her; sometimes when I glance through her annual national convention program, I'm really amazed with the caliber of persons now who were once leaders of the body; also in her Ujama magazine I do see brilliants articles written by Obolo students. This connotes that Andoni students are not back bencher's in school. It shows high sense of literacy. Obolo mtop. Like those who once served NUAS some years back, some are into professional career [medicine, engineering, law etc]; others are civil servants, professors and top government officials in state and federal level. This simply depicts the amount of sweet ingredients of life that she [NUAS] has deposited into Andoni students. I must commend the founder for a job well done. It is not easy to establish a foundation. Lots of resources has gone and still going just to ensure the continuance existence and functionality of the body in carrying out her primary and secondary duties and reasons for her existence. I whole heartedly look forward to serve NUAS someday. Every establishment has its own weak point, same with NUAS. Certain wrongs must not be allowed to stay. It must be corrected now. The area I am going is the EDUCATION & HEALTH PROGRAMME which features seminar, quizzes, easy writing and debate competition. For all I know, the body is trying but more effort should be fueled in. The conduct of these academic activities must be looked into, reshaped and standardized. NUAS as an apex student union in Andoni is big enough to employ digital gadgets to facilitate the conduct of the quizzes. Projectors can be used; Nigeria Cowbell Mathematics quiz standard can be borrowed. This will make the whole exercise more matured, interesting, challenging (competitive), transparent, void of malpractices by the students and of course the officiating officers, and worth participating by 90% of secondary schools students and the public. Issuing of results to participating schools should not be framed to favor any community school because of one selfish reasons or the other. I've witnessed misappropriations in later years of the program. This must be stopped and erased from the minds of top officials. Best student in any of the activities (debate, easy writing, science and arts quiz) can be awarded with scholarship of any kind like payments of Waec registration or Jamb form. NUAS can also offer best students laptops or any other tangible academic materials. This will encourage them more and place their minds into doing more academic works. Let's lay a better foundation for our secondary school students. Most of the social nuisances [cultist] in Andoni are secondary school dropouts; some did finished but have no zeal in furthering ahead. NUAS can do little in her capacity to reduce or stop this. Our students should be encouraged and empowered. Secondary school is the basic foundation; let's encourage them and their parents to see education as the best thing anyone can have to make the society a better place. I will also use this medium to preach peace across to all Andoni/obolo youths who will be attending the December national annual convention and thereafter to follow the path of love and mutual understanding. Let's shun violence. NUAS poll must not be a do or die affairs. Technology should also be employed in this area to ensure electoral malpractices are curbed out and it will also make easy the whole process. Furthermore, i call on the state government and relevant security agencies ensure peace and harmony is experienced in Andoni. Enough of the killings. This is my little idea. Awaji igbana Obolo I AM JOHN-BRIGHT +2348082781647 johnbrightenyinnah@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Your Uniben Admission Status / Gtbank Addresses Applicants On Alleged Recruitment Of Graduate Circulation / Pls Help A Nairalander!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.