Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities (38762 Views)

Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair / Forceful Shaving Of Hair Good For Covenant University Bad For Hisbah / Timetable For Covenant University Resumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Dearlord(m): 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
I give them 5 stars if the poor are not left out in their endeavors.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by codemaniacs: 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
zz
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by oluwaseunla(m): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
Jethrolite:
Do you mean it is wrong for a self sustaining university to exist or are you trying to say there is no self sustaining university currently?

Most if not all private universities in Nigeria were opened to enrich their Chancellors and they have been sustaining themselves since inception.

The Ivy League schools you mentioned can definitely sustain themselves for a while from their endowments and if the endowments keep flowing in constantly then the school can definitely become self sustaining.

I do not know who granted you access to the books of a private university but I doubt you did proper scrutiny.

Do you have data to back up the bolded statement, or it was a statement based on assumptions? I'm not a big fan of Winner's Chapel, but we once carried out a research, and by that data, I don't think there is any University, private or public, at least in Nigeria, which was within our scope, that doesn't have to rely on some form of subvention to break even.

I seriously doubt if it is possible to establish a University and use it as a profit generating organisation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Olabenjamen22(m): 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
ollah1:
Charity!! Charity!! Charity !!!

Why can't they build HOSPITALS that the poor that benefit from?
They registered their churches as a charity organization in order to evade tax but zero charities. Ok oo

Lol, zero charity right, lol it won't have pain me if your Muslim/mosque are doing 20% of charity the church is doing. Smh

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Olabenjamen22(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
Daddybright1986:
Meanwhile am a winner church member, am here suffering without work nor money to feed

So who to blame?
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Darksider131: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
Desyner:

Go and sort out your ignorance and stop exposing your below average mind here.
What you pay is a function of what you are getting sir. If uni education starts n ends with certificate for you go to public uni, if you want better security, power, reliable health, no strikes, and good equipments, then pay for it and stop being so daft.
Do you want churches to subsidize N500,000 per session and bring to sch fee to public uni level just so the poor aren't left out? What's the use if they do that and admit only 200 student per year? Wouldn't it be better if they give 200 scholarship per year and allow another 1800 students pay 600,000 per session. It is a pity people expect the world to bend to their situation just so they aren't left out. Your mentality explains why the average Nigerian driver breaks traffic so often just to for selfish reasons.
ok

Stop all this ' i too know talk'

One thing you should know..they are building this school to enrich their pocket.. they should make the school affordable for the church members and dont talk about scholarship..even half of this scholarship are given to the rich

One thing you should know as well, the money used in building the school are from the members..but 99℅ of the members cant affordable it.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by SeniorZato(m): 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
Godwin616:

Stadia (plural form of Stadium)
Sankiu
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by GreatrAnalyst: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
You would have scored some points if you'd tried to answer some of the questions I asked.
If you can't engage intellectual arguments, don't engage in it. Answer those questions I raised and let your reasoning be judged.
You exonerate your politicians and pass what should be their leadership role and vision blueprint to church leaders? How faulty a thinking pattern can be!
You folks who take your delight in criticizing church are doing so because church have proven to be better resource managers than your politicians. So it is churches now that should be building failed industries your governments couldn't do? Who told you education is not an industry in the first place? Possibly you would have been a better human if you had gone to a better school if at all you went to one. No thanks to your leaders, in your behalf, who failed to build a better educational system among others.
I may have a long way to go in your parochial lopsided thinking, but the good news is that my journey of a thousand miles have started since.
Sad news. The sad news is that you don't know where you are facing nor going now. How sad?!

codemaniacs:

You've answered your own questions... they built schools that ensured the people who got schooled there were only thought admin roles to serve them and not roles to ensure they can turn their resources into final products.

If you don't know that your politicians are complicit in subjugating their own people for favor from foreigners then you have a long way to go.

If religious bodies were to start building industries it would take less than 5 years for Nigeria to reduce its un-employment rate..
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Desyner: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
Darksider131:
ok

Stop all this ' i too know talk'

One thing you should know..they are building this school to enrich their pocket.. they should make the school affordable for the church members and dont talk about scholarship..even half of this scholarship are given to the rich

One thing you should know as well, the money used in building the school are from the members..but 99℅ of the members cant affordable it.
Are u ok mentally?
What do you mean by 99% can't afford it again?
I just showed dullards like you why the sch is ok. Keep speculating to justify you hatred for the church one thing I know, the church don't owe you cheap or free service, the govt does, as long as you pay tax go and hold you govt responsible.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
2 billion for this?
See ozoro poly stadium in delta state, its way way better.

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
charliboy654:
2 billion for this?
poor reading culture..A proof of the kind of education we av out there. U see y Nigeria needs quality schools like this.

It was stated in black and white that its two different stadia, one for covenant and another for landmark.. 1b each undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Acidosis(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
johnstar:
University wey d poor nor fit attend

Religious in Nigeria is a bloody scam

Brainwashed ppl

You are an ediot. There are more than enough Universities the poor can attend in Nigeria. Go there and stop crying on the Internet.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Neozy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
Heywhizzy:
I sincerely hope the poor ain't left out from the spending of the church

May God open the eyes of our pastors to make right investments.. The poor and the needy should be the main priority of church funds.. Lord help us all
In fact the church was established because of the poor. May be they should even stop preaching the gospel and they should focus 100% on feeding and caring for the poor.
Hypocrites
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Neozy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
I'm so happy. Haters of the church can start their wailing. The church is moving forward and the gate of hell can never prevail against it. Haters should go and hug transformer.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
salvation101:
poor reading culture..A proof of the kind of education we av out there. U see y Nigeria needs quality schools like this.

It was stated in black and white that its two different stadia, one for covenant and another for landmark.. 1b each undecided
OK my bad, I didn't read the article, but that does not have anything to do with the quality of Nigeria's education. I was chatting with someone. Didn't have time to read the article.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Heywhizzy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2017
Neozy:

In fact the church was established because of the poor. May be they should even stop preaching the gospel and they should focus 100% on feeding and caring for the poor.
Hypocrites
you lack understanding.. You must be a dropout

so me talking bout investing in the poor is hypocricy.. You must be a member of winners and I understand your pain, you wrongly inferred I was criticizing the church but I was merely hoping the church is on the right path cos of my likeness for the bishop
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Desyner: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Jethrolite:
Do you mean it is wrong for a self sustaining university to exist or are you trying to say there is no self sustaining university currently?

Most if not all private universities in Nigeria were opened to enrich their Chancellors and they have been sustaining themselves since inception.

The Ivy League schools you mentioned can definitely sustain themselves for a while from their endowments and if the endowments keep flowing in constantly then the school can definitely become self sustaining.

I do not know who granted you access to the books of a private university but I doubt you did proper scrutiny.
Winners (CU & Landmark) are exception regarding the bold. The Church is still subsidizing those unis heavily. The subsidy (about N4B-N5B/year) is a pure function of what the students are enjoying. People criticize blindly out of emotion.
Govt isn't providing equipment, power, water, security, housing, or books at the level Landmark and CU are but spend as high as N400,000 to subsidize some students in Federal Unis.
Juxtapose the figures against the services rendered and see what's keeping private unis going.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by mikolo80: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Darksider131:
shut up

Building schools for the rich
before nko. survival of the fittest.
can you teach for free or construct for free or supply building materials for free.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
Desyner:

What do you mean by "they don't pay taxes at all and still make billions"? Keep the hate in control bros.
How can you call voluntary contribution for a cause profit and expect the money to be taxed? It is like money being contributed by a group getting taxed.

So it's not possible for a church or set of churches to build a free hospital for the needy ? But it's possible for churches to buy privates Jets and expensive cars which is more than enough to build and equip a hospital. Wow!! You guys are indeed slaves. Big time slaves and you enjoy the shackles
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, zero charity right, lol it won't have pain me if your Muslim/mosque are doing 20% of charity the church is doing. Smh

My mosque? So I'm automatically a Muslim because of my critics? Mosques aren't as rich Churches so that answers your question
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Statsocial:

The Church has no Ordinance in Industrialization. Its not that they can't build it but it bears no relevance to the Gospel. You need to understand that the main purpose of Christian Universities is never to teach Biology, Physics or Chemistry but to raise morally sane individuals who would stand for God in whatever field of endeavour they are raised.

Now the funding of the Sciences and building of Infrastructure is just a Cover to attract people for sublime bibilcal indoctrination. This is one of the most potent ways the Church has used in enmeshing itself in all sectors in the US. Example, Graduates of Oral Roberts Uni are usually staunch Political Conservatives and ProLifers. You don't want to mess with some of them in Congress or their various state legislatures.

So as the church continues to release thousands of graduates, they do two things. 1) Establish Christ in some of them 2) Widen the Influence of the Church. Many Graduates of Church Universities maybe running around today but know that a Seed has been sown that would ultimately change the nation.

And you think with all that disciplines the society won't change a graduate of Covenant University Student, right?
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
codemaniacs:

it is the job of the govt to subsidize things for poor people...

Yes it is their job and they have failed, should men who claim to be God annoited also FAIL?
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
charliboy654:

OK my bad, I didn't read the article, but that does not have anything to do with the quality of Nigeria's education. I was chatting with someone. Didn't have time to read the article.
ok sir. It's nobel of u to av accepted ur wrong as u just did.. Next time its good to get the full picture if at all we wanna criticize. Sorry about my previous comment

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
rhektor:

What stop you from starting your own charity organisation and build an hospital thta would treat the poor for free instead of spending your time spewing hatred here?

I m not spewing hatred but stating facts. It's all over the Bible that the needy should be helped. What are the foundations laid by clergies strictly for the poor? People die everyday in hospitals. Gos said his judgement will start from his house but we shouldnt wait for that before getting things right and done
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
ollah1:

My mosque? So I'm automatically a Muslim because of my critics? Mosques aren't as rich Churches so that answers your question
really? Ok i concur.. Bomb materials are very expensive so it gulps alot of their resources

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Desyner: 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
charliboy654:
2 billion for this?
You guys keep bring incomplete info to decieve people. How much was that stadium built with? You think Ozoro poly is being funded with your recharge card school fee ?
Go find out how much DTSG pays Ozoro poly staff every year and divide it by the number of students there then add you school fee + accomodation + power bills per year and correct that dull post you have up there.
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by johnstar(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
Acidosis:

You are an ediot. There are more than enough Universities the poor can attend in Nigeria. Go there and stop crying on the Internet.

Ur Father is an idiot

Maggot
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Neozy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
johnstar:
University wey d poor nor fit attend

Religious in Nigeria is a bloody scam

Brainwashed ppl
1. Your English is bad.
2. Who is brainwashed between taxpaying Nigerians that attend governments universities like Uniosun, OOU, KWASU etc and pay up to 350k as school fees and a winners member that out of his own discretion choose to pay or not to pay tithes and offering attending Covenant University.
Stop blaming the church for the failures and inabilities of the government. Taxpaying Nigerians deserve good roads, quality and affordable education, good medical services and food security. THE CHURCH DOESN'T OWE ANYONE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by rhektor(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
ollah1:

I m not spewing hatred but stating facts. It's all over the Bible that the needy should be helped. What are the foundations laid by clergies strictly for the poor? People die everyday in hospitals. Gos said his judgement will start from his house but we shouldnt wait for that before getting things right and done

Simple question you can not answer,
What have you been doing you oo oooo
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by sakabien: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
Churches and crime rate are progressing in the same rate.Lobatan
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
salvation101:
really? Ok i concur.. Bomb materials are very expensive so it gulps alot of their resources

A pastor was gonna bomb his own church in benin earlier this year. Perhaps he is their bomb maker
Re: Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities by Desyner: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
ollah1:

So it's not possible for a church or set of churches to build a free hospital for the needy ? But it's possible for churches to buy privates Jets and expensive cars which is more than enough to build and equip a hospital. Wow!! You guys are indeed slaves. Big time slaves and you enjoy the shackles

Keep shifting the goal post. Winners subsidize CU & LU with billions yearly. It is only a matter of shutting the unis and opening health centres. Are you happy now?
Next . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young School Girl Designs Prototype Of Waterside Aba / Nneoma Nwankwo Named Virginia Tech’s Undergraduate Student Of The Year / Lizzy Didn't Attend Vivian Fowler - School Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.