Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? (3680 Views)

Sa's New Visa Rules Spark Outcry / American Dual-citizenship Rules / Uk Immigration Cap Eminent! Thanks David Cameron. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by paris10: 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
The British Govt has introduced a new Immigration law which comes into effect from july 2011.

It is a three stage path to citizenship, including a new probationary period.
full access to benefits being delayed until migrants have completed their probationary period

A requirement for migrants to improve their English ability (if needed) before completing the probationary period
Migrants who commit offenses resulting in prison are barred from citizenship
Migrants who commit minor offenses have their probationary period extended
Migrants contribute to a new fund for "managing the transitional impacts of migration" and "providing extra financial help to communities experiencing change from migration"
Migrants who engage in community volunteer work are able to graduate to British citizenship more quickly

The government says it will continue to meet its obligations to migrants who entered the United Kingdom on the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and had a legitimate expectation that they would be able to apply for and be granted indefinite leave to remain, in accordance with the Immigration Rules that were in place when they applied to the HSMP.

So, before you graduate from either your HSMP Visa or Work Permit Visa to Indefinite, these are the new three steps you have to go through,

1. Temporary leave (one year)
2. Probational leave(12 Months)
3. Indefinite leave to remain. * You could apply for your British Citizenship after 12 Months of you holding your ILR, or apply immediate for British Citizenship if you qualify (exception would be if you're married to a British Citizen) and fulfil the residential requirements.

Just think this is a form of extortion from the UK Govt. to rip Immigrant off their hard earned money. What y'all think?
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by lelele: 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2010
Paris10
Nice information, where are u? In d Uk or d US? If u r in d Uk, I am presently in d UK. Would appreciate hookin up wit u.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
I have absolutely no qualms with this. Infact I support it.
People need to understand the British culture.
You just don’t breeze in and breeze out with a red passport
pay some bogus college money to get a letter from them.
Take advantage of the benefit system
. . . . . . . . .Without giving something back.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by bawomolo(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2010
Migrants who engage in community volunteer work are able to graduate to British citizenship more quickly

this is actually nice, shows you actually care about the country you want to naturalize into.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by agathamari(f): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
agree with it. plans are being hashed out in the US for a similar policy
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by bee444: 1:14am On Apr 15, 2010
Hah, this is just a reap off o! So this means when someone is due to apply for Indefinite leave to remain, they first have to apply for a 12 month temporary leave, then another 12 month of probational leave, then finally the Indefinite leave.

So after waiting for 5 years to apply for Indefinite (thats not enough, abi), I'll now need to wait for additional 3 years to apply for ILR, making up to 8 years altogether. And that means someone will have to pay more money during the stages.

I no blame them o, Na condition make crayfish bend o
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by shotster50(m): 1:43am On Apr 15, 2010
They are doing what any wise country would do, Which is cash in on the high demand for UK Residency.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2010
it costs £720 to naturalise excluding passport fees today.

I wonder if in the next 5 years people will be able to afford it.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by bee444: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2010
frosbel:

it costs £720 to naturalise excluding passport fees today.

I wonder if in the next 5 years people will be able to afford it.

I believe in the next five years obtaining british citizenship would cost not less than 2 thousand pounds
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Hertsnite: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
It's still far to easy to get a british passport, the government is dishing out british passports right left and centre as if they were hot cakes.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by morpheus24: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hertsnite:

It's still far to easy to get a british passport, the government is dishing out british passports right left and centre as if they were hot cakes.

Your brethren need to start having more children to sustain your society otherwise the capitalist will use other sources of labour irregardles of their culture or skin tone. THey could care less how some of your working class would be transformed into Wiggers.

Read will ya!
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Hertsnite: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2011
not all working class british kids are wiggers, that's just a phenomenon in the inner cities of the large cities with large black populations. one of the reasons there were no riots in Newcastle, Plymouth or Middlesbrough was that the population is atl east 90 % English and doesn't have a large proportion of ethnics
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by morpheus24: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hertsnite:

not all working class british kids are wiggers, that's just a phenomenon in the inner cities of the large cities with large black populations. one of the reasons there were no riots in Newcastle, Plymouth or Middlesbrough was that the population is atl east 90 % English and doesn't have a large proportion of ethnics

You really are missing the point, aren't you?
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Hertsnite: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
we have enough cheap labour from poland
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by morpheus24: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hertsnite:

we have enough cheap labour from poland

Right right, so it is a 'Race" thing then. Ergo it becomes easier to understand the definitions of the word Racist and who should or would fit into that category.

Are you seeing thinkgs mroe clearly now?
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Hertsnite: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
poles are of a different race - the Polish race
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hertsnite:

poles are of a different race - the Polish race

You are really daft you know

Poles are of a different divergent ethnic group as a collective of European peoples.

Your pops didn't teach you well. Hit the books will ya!
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Hertsnite: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2011
and no, mass polish immigration is an issue over the last 7 years since they joined the EU the have kept wages down. but atleast they don't don't rampage around london rioting and looting. PS i'm not against all africans coming here, if your an oil trader wanted to buisness you're wlecome to come here. one or two buisnessmen or Doctors is fine whatever skin colour, but we don't need hordes of toilet cleaners.

it depend how you interpret race Poles are Indo-European Like the English. in some languages and countries race and ethnicity mean the same thing.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by morpheus24: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hertsnite:

and no, mass polish immigration is an issue over the last 7 years since they joined the EU the have kept wages down. but atleast they don't don't rampage around london rioting and looting. PS i'm not against all africans coming here, if your an oil trader wanted to buisness you're wlecome to come here. one or two buisnessmen or Doctors is fine whatever skin colour, but we don't need hordes of toilet cleaners.

it depend how you interpret race Poles are Indo-European Like the English. in some languages and countries race and ethnicity mean the same thing.

So a South African Zulu and a Senegalese mandinka are two different races according to your logic.

Right right.

If your arguementis on broken immigration systemsin teh Uk , I can agree there with u but the underlying problem is not the herds of masses of toilet cleaners jumping boats for greener pastures. The problem goes much more deeper than that.

Indentify and Solve that problem and you are half way into clearing the Uk of your hoarded masses. Rely on your intellect and not your emotions.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by redsun(m): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
Migrants will voluntarily exit uk enmass soon anyway. Uk like america does not really have anything to offer any more. It is obvious and inevitable they cannot compete with the rising developing world. A case of crumbling empires making ways for the rise of new empires. Africa is the nest big thing as soon as the miscreant leaders like obj are out of the way- collaborators.
Re: New Uk Immigration Rules On Ilr/citizenship, What Y'all Think? by Bigsteve121(m): 2:32am On Nov 25, 2016
Ah no wonder they refused me a British passport, I already have a NIGERIAN passport and American passport and also have ilr. Would the UK allow me to also aquire a British passport.

(1) (Reply)

So Oyinbo Too Dey Bomb; Norwegian Bombing Carried Out By Norwegian Citizen And Not Muslims / Salute To The Hero / Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.