Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) (1481 Views)

Is Igbo Language Going Into Extinction? / Igbo Priest Teaching Americans How To Sing In Igbo Language / Europeans And Asians Learning Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by Antonio250250: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
Nde Igbo ekele oma. I write this with heart filled with pain and bitterness. It is no longer news that igbo language is vanishing rapidly. The rate at which we disregard our mother tongue is beyond human comprehension.

Each country or ethnic group have their own language which is part of their culture. We have forgotten that language is a means of identification. It your language that tells where you come from but today we have chosen to adopt a whiteman's language called English. I have tried so hard to found out why we love this "English" so much more than or own but to no avail. Is it that we hate our language? It is that we are not proud of it? Is it that we don't value it?

https://out.reddit.com/t3_7ios0q?url=https%3A%2F%2Fworldclassicnewz..com.ng%2F2017%2F12%2Fthere-was-language-called-igbo-igbo.html%3Fm%3D1&token=AQAA1EYsWo0zQwEYKGRn8TxilMAo703C5VDPAzeigxXEpDVORqG8&app_name=mweb2x&user_id=11076670549

Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by princoo(m): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
Biggest joke of the century

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by emmie14: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
Shut up
Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by Emyogalanya: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
WHATS NDE IGBO? I GUES YOU DONT LIVE IN IGBO LAND COS IF YOU DO YOU WONT SAY THIS . IGBO IS STILL STRONG AND YOU SHOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT MINORITIES IN THE NORTH THAT HAS BEEN SWALLOWED UP BY HAUSA

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by authehighness: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
igbo language is very strong in south east,lmay be you are judging,by what you see outside south east region

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by igbofocus: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
first ff, IGBO ABURO ASUSU
quick translation, igbo is not a language....
igbo is codes...
i wont go into details here....
look for my thread and share your thoughts... watch out for the sequels
udo
Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by legitnow: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
UNTIL AFONJA LANGUAGE IS MADE COMPULSORY IN IGBOLAND, I THINK IT IS FAIR TO SAY AFONJA ARE A JOKE.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by Pigsandidiots: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
legitnow:
UNTIL AFONJA LANGUAGE IS MADE COMPULSORY IN IGBOLAND, I THINK IT IS FAIR TO SAY AFONJA ARE A JOKE.
What is this one saying now. Your brother said something, na afonja your brain can think of. You have a big spiritual problem no be lie.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by Pigsandidiots: 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
Their problem, I have no folk to give. If it likes, the language can sink into lagoon. Ko kan aye.
Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by okway: 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
Re: Igbo Language Might Go Into Extinction (there Was A Language) by coolebux(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2017
Antonio250250:
Nde Igbo ekele oma. I write this with heart filled with pain and bitterness. It is no longer news that igbo language is vanishing rapidly. The rate at which we disregard our mother tongue is beyond human comprehension.

Each country or ethnic group have their own language which is part of their culture. We have forgotten that language is a means of identification. It your language that tells where you come from but today we have chosen to adopt a whiteman's language called English. I have tried so hard to found out why we love this "English" so much more than or own but to no avail. Is it that we hate our language? It is that we are not proud of it? Is it that we don't value it?

https://out.reddit.com/t3_7ios0q?url=https%3A%2F%2Fworldclassicnewz..com.ng%2F2017%2F12%2Fthere-was-language-called-igbo-igbo.html%3Fm%3D1&token=AQAA1EYsWo0zQwEYKGRn8TxilMAo703C5VDPAzeigxXEpDVORqG8&app_name=mweb2x&user_id=11076670549
Keep typing rubish

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Peeps / Ile-ife To Celebrate Oranmiyan / Enjoy Modern Ethiopian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.