Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust (1420 Views)

Substitution Of Kabir Mohammed Baba Will Cost NNPP Katagum Fed Constituency / Veteran Highlife Musician, Victor Olaiya Passes On At 89 / The Emir Of Katagum Has Pass On,him Was 89 Years Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust by ndachee: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
The emir of Katagum, Alhaji Kabir Umar has died. He was 89 years old and left behind 49 children among whom is Mustapha Katagum, the Yariman Katagum. He died on Saturday after a protracted illness.

The late emir was said to have been ill for over five years‎. Sources close to the palace confirmed the death of the emir to our reporter on telephone. One of the late emirs' children who who also spoke to our‎ said that the funeral prayer for their late father will hold tomorrow (Sunday) at his palace in Azare at 11:00 am.

Governor‎ Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar and other prominent government officials are expected to attend the funeral prayer. Prominent sons of the emirate‎ like the deputy governor, Engineer Nuhu Gidado, Chief Of Staff, Architect Audu Sule Katagum and others will also be in Azare for the prayers.

It could be recalled that, another traditional title holder of the emirate, Marafan Katagum, Alhaji Disina Mohammed was also buried on Thursday. Mohammed died abroad where he was taken for treatment. Governor Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar also attended the funeral prayer after the burial of Bauchi State APC spokesperson, Auwal Aliyu Jallah who died at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), from injuries he sustained in a car crash.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/emir-of-katagum-dies-at-89.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9730174912
Re: Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust by amnesty7: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2017
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un. May Aljannah be his abode. Amin.
Re: Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust by medexico(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2017
.....what does it matters for all man must die......
Re: Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust by medexico(m): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
If anybody I know dies at 89, I will never cry. wetin you wan dey do for life again?
Re: Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust by medexico(m): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
amnesty7:
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raji'un. May Aljannah be his abode. Amin.
Amin
Re: Emir Of Katagum Dies At 89 - Daily Trust by Elmojiid(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
we go soon hear say is death is a great lost for the state and the nation.

(1) (Reply)

Exploring The World Of Milf300: A Comprehensive Review / Looking For Tolu Ajao / Please I Need An Helper That Can Help Me Out Of My Debts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.