Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

CR7 Equals Messi's Ballon D'or Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CR7 Equals Messi's Ballon D'or Record (320 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Likes And Comments On A Video Mocking Messi’s Ballon D’or. / Toni Kroos On Lionel Messi's Ballon D'or Win / Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CR7 Equals Messi's Ballon D'or Record by ezums1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
The veteran Portuguese star took home his fifth Ballon d'Or award on Thursday night award ceremony in Paris after guiding his club Real Madrid to a back to back champions league glory.

Cristiano Ronaldo has won the 2017 Ballon d'Or presented by France Football after seeing off competitions from Messi and Neymar to draw level with the Argentine International.

See also See 30 man shortlist of 2017 ballon d'Or award

With this award Ronaldo made history by joining Leo Messi as joint all time most number of Ballon d'Or awards. both players has dominated the football prestigious award for the past decade winning five a piece.

CR7 scored 42 goals for Real in all competitions leading them to La Liga and champions league glory in 2017 although this was below his usual 50+goals per season since joining Real Madrid from Manchester United. with 25 of his strikes coming from LA Liga and 12 in the Champions League.

"I'm very happy. To get this prize in Paris is a great experience, it's marvelous," Ronaldo told L'Equipe TV.
"It's a great moment of my career. It's something I wish I have every year. We had a marvelous year. I was the [top] goalscorer of the Champions League, so I want to thank my team-mates.
"They were important for me. And also thanks everybody who helped me to be in great form during the season.

Ronaldo also won the FIFA men's footballer of the year in october. FIFA formally matched the award with Ballon d'Or before splitting in 2015.

Ronaldo has also hit the ground running in this years Champions League scoring in all six matches in the group stage although he is yet to replicate that form in La Liga scoreing twice in 10 games so far.
source; Blazinginfos

(1) (Reply)

Highlight Chelsea Vs Southampton 1:0 / Ronaldo, Messi And BBC Trio In Real Madrid's Pre-clasico Thoughts / Giggs Rules Himself Out Of Running For Swansea Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.