Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (25990 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by omhor(f): 9:58am On Dec 10, 2017
The moment MFM G.O supported the tithing issue I stopped paying tithe. Payment of tithe is not by force but if u wish u can pay just follow ur mind. I will be paying tithe once in three months.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by D1official: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't pay tithe.

Trust me, I'm tighter than most of the tithe payers.
How will I deplete my savings in the anticipation of becoming rich; that's foolishness besides God made me rich, he doesn't need my wealth.

I'm tightfisted with Men of God.
Bro God promised blessings nt riches man.
ND d blessings of d lord maketh rich ND adds no sorrows.
Titheing reduces d battles in all spheres of life.
U may hv d cash what of d peace what of health.
We hv bn paying ND God has bn blessing us.
So Daddy incantations keep urs, moreover even salvation is by choice ND nt by force.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by D1official: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't pay tithe.

How will I deplete my savings in the anticipation of becoming rich; that's foolishness besides God made me rich, he doesn't need my wealth.

Bro God promised blessings nt riches man.
ND d blessings of d lord maketh rich ND adds no sorrows.
Titheing reduces d battles in all spheres of life.
U may hv d cash what of d peace what of health,what of Joy.
We hv bn paying ND God has bn blessing us.
So Daddy you can keep urs, moreover even salvation is by choice ND nt by force.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by mofedamijo(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2017
AkpaMgbor:

The thing tire me no be small...you see a very successful man or woman who earns in 6 digits deciding to pay tithes or seed faith to the church and someone will be hyperventilating on the issue? Telling an adult how to spend his or her money?? But they all go mute and dumb when the ones they elected into government rape their collective wealth in broad daylight! Nigerians are steeped in hypocrisy and cowardice..
Sentimental retards,to be sincere i know this evangelist from ondo state,he doesnt have a church buh he preachers all over the world,i dont want to mention his name,do u know every year ending this man buys about 2000 bags of rice to distribute to widows and the poor, if a bag is 12,000X2000=24million naira,excluding scholarships and other givings,now when people see him in a jeep of 4million they start shouting look at him in such heavy jeep,not knowing that the man has spent so much that year,as if he should sell the jeep n walk,cause he his the cause of thier misfortune........senseless buffons dont go n hold ur politicians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SBG04: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2017
If you drop 10% of your income in church every Sunday and yet ignore the orphans and widows in your gates, you have sinned. If you give 10% of your monthly income in church and yet refuse to give to your neighbour, you have sinned. If you drop 10% of your monthly income in church and yet refuse to give to the needy and kess privileged, you have sinned.
For God has not imposed any other obligation on us in His word other than to love our neighbours, help the poor and needy in our gates and assist the widows. God has not promised anyone breakthroughs or miracles if they give 10% of their income.
If you ignore the beggars on your street and yet give 10% of your monthly income on Sunday, you are like those Pharisees in the bible that Jesus condemned. Your end will be tragic.

6 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by D1official: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2017
Afam4eva:
If it has stopped some people from paying tithe, they will be very few. But most importantly, it has made some Christians to start question some aberration in Christendom.
ND has also made many believe more on the end time prophecies.
2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2 Timothy 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;.

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by okomoyo1: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2017
[You're absolutely correct.quote author=KardinalZik post=63141319]Tithe is a DEBT; it's not a gift!

It's my personal scripture-and-faith-led conviction to pay tithe.

NOT EVEN THE DEVIL CAN CONVINCE ME NOT TO PAY. [/quote]
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2017
SBG04:

Aunty please stop inferring when it comes to biblical matters. If Jesus didn't say something, please don't say he did. Jesus never put any 10% obligation on anyone for salvation, healing, miracles or breakthrough. His salvation was and is still for free. Woe unto those that have put a 10% price on his salvation. Woe Unto those who steal the meagre earnings of the poor and impose a 10% levy and yoke on them to buy God's salvation and mercies. Aunty woe unto you. The hottest part of hell is being prepared for you. Jesus died on the cross of Calvary so all may be saved and redeemed by his blood. His blood redeems us. His sacrifice exculpates us. We are introduced into his word and covenant by his death on the cross. Not by a 10% offering. Woe unto you who has seen the word and the light in the scriptures but has chosen to be guided by the devil and his false prophets.
Ignorance is never an excuse!
Abeg stop with the infantile threats! What did the moniker say that is false?? Christ and his disciples had a money safe! Jude's was the one in charge of the treasury and he even stole from it from I've to time...people brought money and gifts for Christ as a free will donation which his disciples took care of...zacchaeus the rich tax collector hosted him in his house, Magdalene perfumed his body with an oil that was worth a full year salary! A man gave him his never before ridden donkey without questioning, what is my point? That Christ was a very influential person while he was on earth..so much so that people gave him things without him even asking or needing it...people will willingly donate to the church no matter what the likes of freeze says...
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Etuagievin(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2017
The effect for now may be unnoticed but give it time .The interest of the people to pay tithes will wane.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Oxster(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2017
Nutase:
a blind man cannot lead another blind man.
who are the sheepie?
confused people without hope looking for the smallest ray of hope to cling unto. they are no different from the touts that were following nnamdi Kanu.

You are stewpeed*stupid* to mention Mazi Nnamdi Kanu name

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by greatermax77(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2017
KardinalZik:
Tithe is a DEBT; it's not a gift!

NOT EVEN THE DEVIL CAN CONVINCE ME NOT TO PAY.

Please my brother, u said tithe is a debt, to whom are u owning the depths?
Jesus Christ paid all my dept on the cross. He set me from the law & now I have a new life in him.
Giving to churches for God's work is very good. Giving reshapes ones destiny, but I can not pay tithe because Christ never did, the apostles never did, the early Christians never did. If u still believe u own God fianacial depths through tithe, it then means ur own depths was not paid on the cross

5 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SBG04: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2017
mofedamijo:

Sentimental retards,to be sincere i know this evangelist from ondo state,he doesnt have a church buh he preachers all over the world,i dont want to mention his name,do u know every year ending this man buys about 2000 bags of rice to distribute to widows and the poor, if a bag is 12,000X2000=24million naira,excluding scholarships and other givings,now when people see him in a jeep of 4million they start shouting look at him in such heavy jeep,not knowing that the man has spent so much that year,as if he should sell the jeep n walk,cause he his the cause of thier misfortune........senseless buffons dont go n hold ur politicians
Very Good of the pastor in ondo. But if he has gone around taxing people 10% of their monthly income in the name of God when God did not say so, that man is going to the deepest part of hell God's salvation is free to all. His promises are without Condition. If a pastor opens his mouth to say God will curse whoever does not give 10% of his income, that pastor will roast in hell for putting a price in God's salvation and mercies. God sent his son to die on the cross so all may be saved unconditionally! Not so all may be saved or redeemed or blessed on the payment of 10%. To all of you that have sat down to upturn the scriptures and put a price on God's salvation, you will burn severely in hell.

3 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by martineverest(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2017
Tithe? Even offering sef
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Kingspin(m): 10:14am On Dec 10, 2017
Sometime is good we respect what others believe because even daddy freeze believe on something and he would like people to Accord him respect too. So to advise people one muat trade with caution.. Any Man's food is another man's ****"""
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by jacyhelen(f): 10:14am On Dec 10, 2017
Evacroft:
Many pple havent even fully read the bible themselves on tithe but they are following freeze as usual as a typical nigeria and also following the words of any pastors. Read ur bible and u will get ur truth there.
Am continuing with my tithe cos it was stated there in the bible and practiced since ages.i t cost me nothing to give ten percent of my income to God and if at the end the pastors misuse it then let the wraugth of God be upon them. If u aint convinced when u read ur bible u can also stop paying it but let it be a decision u understand and stand on firmly.

you only read malachai 3 vs 10 chikene

4 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by martineverest(m): 10:14am On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't pay tithe.

haaaaa!
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by olayinkaoyedayo: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2017
I never believe in this tithe that make pastors living a flybouyant life. Never mind what the payers jobs like.If I can ask my teachers questions in school ,then the concerns pastors should come out and defend biblically how tithe affect Christians of our generation when we are under grace of our lord Jesus Christ. I have huge/great testimonies for given to the needy and poor. No more brainwash

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by jacyhelen(f): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2017
Evacroft:
Many pple havent even fully read the bible themselves on tithe but they are following freeze as usual as a typical nigeria and also following the words of any pastors. Read ur bible and u will get ur truth there.
Am continuing with my tithe cos it was stated there in the bible and practiced since ages.i t cost me nothing to give ten percent of my income to God and if at the end the pastors misuse it then let the wraugth of God be upon them. If u aint convinced when u read ur bible u can also stop paying it but let it be a decision u understand and stand on firmly.

you only read malachai 3 vs 10 chikene..
Make out time and Deutronomy 14 22 to end

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by vicoloni(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2017
Tithing or not has gone beyond Freeze. He backed his claims with biblical proofs which fools like you have not bothered to crosscheck.

Unfortunately God can't help you beyond your knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 10, 2017
Tithing is a personal conviction. I do believe that it is not stated in the bible as compulsory but the benefits of tithing are stated in the bible. I personally tithe because I know the benefits of it. As soon as i drop it into the offering basket, I have given it to God. His servant (the pastor /minister) is bound to use it as i dont expect God himself to come down and collect the tithes. If the Pastor uses the money for anything that is against the will of God, that's between him and God because it's now God's money. Not my place to complain after giving
And for those who say "why not give to the poor instead ". Nothing stops you from tithing and giving to the poor . That's what I do. Giving to the poor and payinf your tithes are 2 differnt things. Let's not be naive, a lot of pastors don't have day jobs, they have churches which need equipment, chairs, decor, maintenance, they have to eat, pay their rent, etc. Where are they supposed to get the money from if not from the giving of the congregation? When I tithe, I know I'm sowing into the furthering of the gospel, even if it only pays for a cloth for cleaning chairs, Its big in the eyes of God

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by OgahBohz: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2017
that's why I admire the Muslims, in Islam tithe is not compulsory on certain people, and its just 2.5pcnt,
and even at that its not compulsory to give it to the mosque, intact Islam made it compulsory that u pay ur tithe to the person. u find most needy... and u don't pay it to ur family... as for how the mosque make its runing money, that's we're voluntary donations comes in, ... Islam is beautiful .. that's why u will never see a super rich imam, .. except for some scholars who make their money via social posts.. which is normal ..I do challenge Christians to go and make research on the first bible version .. and see the message from God ... not all this KJV , NKJV, edited books u call Bible....

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Macmoni(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2017
JackBizzle:
A lot have stopped paying tithes even before freeze started.

Tithe will soon become heresy
tithe can neva stop if it stops i will be d only one paying

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by SpencerLewis(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2017
Olulo:
I actually started paying my tithe constantly when d argument statement.
An iti boribo spottted.
Plssss daddy Freeze u get plenty work at ur hand with people like this dude around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2017
Poverty: 112m Nigerians live below poverty line - Vanguard News,
The black nation, especially West Africa is NOT ok, this church issue is an epidemic
https://urbanintellectuals.com/2013/05/14/black-churches-have-collected-420-billion/
''Harlem World – LiveSteez research shows that Black churches, in aggregate, have collected more than $420 billion in tithes and donations since 1980..'' Yet the black population in America is the most deprived, religion keeps sucking our people dry and people keep defending it like they defended MMM parroting ''is it your money''.
Fools pay 10% monthly and they don't have college funds for their children, and then 10 years from now they can't afford private universities and of course blame the government.
Sunday is the day we dress up in our best, forget we live in a 3rd world country and give money to God so he can give us more money in return,

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2017
WackyJ1:
Since Daddy Freeze started his FreeTheSheeple Movement and many people have joined him in claiming that tithe is not necessary, that it is just a tool of manipulation my modern day pastors to enrich themselves.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has stopped giving their tithes? Anyone who actually used to take 10% of their earnings and give to God through the church that has stopped since the Large outcry against tithe on social media started?

I ask this because contrary to many people's opinions when looking at the affluence of pastors nationwide. A lot of people do not give their tithe! And I believe that it is this same people that are coming out to cry against giving tithe.
Is the movement really working when it is people that do not give tithe that claim to be part of it?
It takes a lot to take 10% of income and give to the house of God. I once made a sale of 70k+ and 10% of that is #7,000. That is a lot of money relatively. The bigger your income is, the bigger your tithe. It takes a lot of faith for someone to give their tithe especially since they know that it is a man just like themselves that is collecting it. No one is a fool unlike that Daddy freeze and the rest claim. People know just where their tithe is going physically. It is going to take a lot more than arguments to make them stop something that they believe in deeply enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, especially if they have personally seen the benefits of giving it.

So is the anti-tithe movement not a waste of time. When all the members are those who never used to give tithe in the first place? What use is a movement that seeks to enlighten but has not actually enlightened anyone enough to make them change their behavior?

Do you know anyone that has stopped giving their tithe since the FreetheSheeple movement began?
Even before the establishment of the freethesheeple movement,many believers have stopped tithing and have channelled such monies into helping the needy and bringing relieve to those who have nothing!

Unfortunately some believers,after finding out the truth about tithe and some falsehood teachings they were fed with every day in church,they decided to become atheists or converted to Islam because they could not imagine the preacher they loved so much would deceive them and tell them lies just because of money!

Many preachers and ministers know the truth about tithe....They know about Deuteronomy 14:22-29...They know about Matthew 25:31-46....but the fear of many realizing the truth and channelling that their monies to the needy and the poverty stricken worries them....

That's why when U want to help some one in need,they fill ur head with fear through manipulative cliches like..."Do U want to have ur pockets to keep leaking when U give money to that poor old wretched woman?" or "Do u want God to rain curses on to U?" or "Do U want that person U are giving money to take ur money to native doctors?"

That's why they are fighting freeze with every weapon available....I won't be surprised if there is an attempt to the life of freeze!
Let tithe and other illegal payments stop for one year and U will see only a handful of churches in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Justbright(m): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Daddy freeze has succeeded in making many to know some fact about tithing Dat has been hidden by most of dis pastors ab- initio.....Deuteronomy 14 from verse 20 downward is a taboo for dem to read to their congregation

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by robotix: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2017
byemx06:
Nigeria Today...
when a pastor needs a car,
they raise 6million...
but when a member need money for surgery,
they raise prayer..
May God Heal Our Land.
wackyj1 see this?
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by jjman2322: 10:26am On Dec 10, 2017
Religion is bringing Nigeria down. We have more churches per square mile than 99% of other countries, yet our country is a crap hole.. Massive corruption, poverty, suffering, etc.

Does it mean God does not like us?? Meanwhile countries that arent as religious as us are doing much better..

Anyway, I dont want to get into that issue... For all you tithe payers, have you ever wondered why the pastor only chooses the verses and books that suit him when it comes to getting money..

The pastor should also be preaching stuff like "Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth" is not allowed (Please check your tags ASAP),

Even the bible itself is confused.. Go ahead and check http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html and you will see tons of inconsistencies.

Never have I seen a book with advocates killing your own child if he disobeys (Deuteronomy 21:18-21), yet at the same time preaches forgiveness and mercy.

I'm sure your pastors won't tell you to go home and kill your children, after all its in the old testament,(but magically they will collect your money using old testament books and quotes..)

Goodluck to all, to each his own.

Finally i'd love to say majority of Nigerians are sheep.. I finally gave up on Nigerians about 2yrs ago when i was in the village in Anambra state, and we went to a local church... Guess what? The pastor was announcing this:

"The family of MR so and so has given N200. They have tried.."
"The family of MR a and b has given N50. They need to do better next time "
"The family of Mr b and c has given N1,000. God will bless them the most and continue to keep them"
"The family of Mr d and e has yet to give anything. They don't want God to bless them. Thats their business"

I concluded there and then that majority of Nigerians are idiots..

3 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by mofedamijo(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2017
SBG04:

Very Good of the pastor in ondo. But if he has gone around taxing people 10% of their monthly income in the name of God when God did not say so, that man is going to the deepest part of hell God's salvation is free to all. His promises are without Condition. If a pastor opens his mouth to say God will curse whoever does not give 10% of his income, that pastor will roast in hell for putting a price in God's salvation and mercies. God sent his son to die on the cross so all may be saved unconditionally! Not so all may be saved or redeemed or blessed on the payment of 10%. To all of you that have sat down to upturn the scriptures and put a price on God's salvation, you will burn severely in hell.
Lol....dont let ur emotions in please,nobody is taxing u,go watch how the church has been helping from countries to countries watch dove media on dstv the rccg has been sending foods,medical facilities to the poor in different nations including Nigeria,they give out scholarships and train people,just because they dont show it like the politicians doesnt mean they re not doing it big time,u go to church,u sit in a/c they run the generator,they give scholarships,they help the widows,u think God sent the cheque,we have pastors in islamic nations,in rural areas how do u think they cope,the church assist them financially u think God il send cheque,what ever ur believes i really dont care,buh if amma hit a deal of 1million dollars,am gonna pay that tithe real quick,its my problem,its my money,as for the private jets,once u dont travel often u wont understand the importance,sometimes ure invited in 7 countries in 10days,u can never get to travel on commercial n meet up,never ever,u might check and bookings re full,flight cancelled,if they decide to run on charter jets,its more expensive than having a private jet,so they need it one way or the other,sometimes to cargo foodstuffs and medical aids,i hit a billion dollar deal,amma buy masef a jet and one for the church,its my damn problem,not urs,its my money........
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Fhowe: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2017
well for me right from time i dont pay tithe to be honest but i know i help the needy all the time i think that would serve as my tithe cause i channel it to the way i want my tithe to be used i decide that .Yes and i mean it ,look around you your homes,houses,neighborhood i believe and know you must find someone you can put a smile on their face .That is what i do there alot of families out there that your little effort and input can change things for them . buying a motor bike for the head of the family will put alot of smile on their faces some just keke napep.That is all i feel about this tithing issue they are alot of family out there thins are not going too well for a helping hand is not bad you can decide to help with the fees (some fees are so little not up to what you spend drink aimlessly in one night ) .I have always refused to give churches ,NGO,charity homes my money i do it directly myself.And you must always do a follow up on these people you help dont let them know you are giving it to them freely let it come in form of a loan (but deep down you know it is not a loan ) you just wabt them to use it judiciously

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2017
KardinalZik:
Tithe is a DEBT; it's not a gift!

NOT EVEN THE DEVIL CAN CONVINCE ME NOT TO PAY.

It's not a debt but rather a BRIBE. You are bribing God with your 10% which HE DIDNT DEMAND FOR and expecting him to BLESS YOU BEYOND WORDS.

You are only deciving yourself

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by robotix: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2017
WackyJ1:
Since Daddy Freeze started his FreeTheSheeple Movement and many people have joined him in claiming that tithe is not necessary, that it is just a tool of manipulation by modern day pastors to enrich themselves.

Does anyone here actually know anyone who has stopped giving their tithes? Anyone who actually used to take 10% of their earnings and give to God through the church that has stopped since the Large outcry against tithe on social media started?

I ask this because contrary to many people's opinions when looking at the affluence of pastors nationwide. A lot of people do not give their tithe! And I believe that it is this same people that are coming out to cry against giving tithe.
Is the movement really working when it is people that do not give tithe that claim to be part of it?
It takes a lot to take 10% of income and give to the house of God. I once made a sale of 70k+ and 10% of that is #7,000. That is a lot of money relatively. The bigger your income is, the bigger your tithe. It takes a lot of faith for someone to give their tithe especially since they know that it is a man just like themselves that is collecting it. No one is a fool unlike that Daddy freeze and the rest claim. People know just where their tithe is going physically. It is going to take a lot more than arguments to make them stop something that they believe in deeply enough to make them part with their hard earned cash, especially if they have personally seen the benefits of giving it.

So is the anti-tithe movement not a waste of time. When all the members are those who never used to give tithe in the first place? What use is a movement that seeks to enlighten but has not actually enlightened anyone enough to make them change their behavior?

Do you know anyone that has stopped giving their tithe since the FreetheSheeple movement began?

In case you missed it... You also failed to answer the question asked by freez.. Where in the Bible did Jesus take tithe, where did his disciples take tithe? Show us and I am waiting.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Deliverance From Water Spirit Series / "TB Joshua Heals HIV Positive Man" - TB Joshua Ministries Says / Ugandan Pastor Flogs Church Members As Part Of Prayer In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.