Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? (25975 Views)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / He That Helps The Needy And Not Paying Tithe Will Soon Become Poor,’ Bishop Oyed / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
Not at all
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by chrmn1: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
KardinalZik:

Lol.
Then don't use phone or computers; don't buy a car; don't build a personal house; don't wear jeans; don't board a plane; don't watch TV...etc BECAUSE Christ never did, the Apostles never did, and the early Church never did.
You must understand the dispensations of God. Christ was called to a life of absolute sacrifice. He was rich but for our sakes He became poor that we through His povery might become rich. The apostles had a similar calling. That was why Jesus asked if they could drink of his cup. See the passages below.

Matthew 20:21: And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
Matthew 20:22: But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Most of the apostles died as martyrs. They were beheaded, maimed, nailed on crosses, etc because they were called to that life. Make no mistakes, in God's order, the Apostles have a higher place than any of us would ever attain by design because they have drank of His cup of sufferings.

Consider the following scriptures about sufferings and subsequent glory of the church also:

1 Peter 1:11: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1 Peter 1:12: Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Regarding tithing, there has been no single mention in the bible that tithing was to be stopped or that it was a type of a greater spititual truth or a type of Christ, etc. The rock that Moses struck was Christ, circumcision pointed to the 'cutting out' as it were of the old nature, blood sacrifices were to be done away with as they were a type of Christ's shed blood, the Holy of holies pointed to the heart of man where God would now dwell, etc.

Read the entire Malachi 3 and you will see that that passage was really addressed to the nation of Israel after the redemption of Christ, prophetically. People will have us believe that the passage was addressed to non-redeemed Jews but if you read the chapter, it talks about their redemption. In other words, He is saying that He would send John the Baptist to prepare the way of Christ and when Christ finally comes, He will make them redeemed. You see the early Church were first and foremost Jews and then later He extended salvation to the ends of the earth.

People are trying to make themselves feel good that Daddy Freeze "proved" that tithing is not for us. There's nothing farther from the truth.

Ponder on the passages below:

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Malachi 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Malachi 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Malachi 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.
Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Malachi 3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
SBG04:

You are very wrong. People give in fear, ignorance and under intimidation. Adeboye recently said anyone who doesn't give 10% of his income is cursed. He threatened and intimidated his congregation in God's name. He put a price on God's mercies, faithfulness and kindness. He further went ahead to curse those who God has purchased redemption for freely!
Again, woe to all yee false prophets, preachers of Baal and money worshippers. For ye have turned the house of the Lord into a den of robbers, money doubles and thieves. For ye have preached salvation for riches and earthly lusts. For your end is nigh and judgement shall soon be upon you.

People actually give in fear??
Adeboye threatened, and intimidated pple??...and you think we Nigerians can be intimidated to drop money wey never reach us??
You seem to speak from a fallacy impaired mind

Me I don't know this one u are saying oooo, and I don't say things I dont know or see, me I'm not a pastor, I only stated my observation that freezes' talk have little or no effect on pple who give from thier heart and I don't eat anybody's tithe...all this ur rant on pple purchasing salvation I've not heard It from any pastor or even adeboye you keep claiming you heard said pple should come and pay for salvation and healing....
You seem to like to talk off point...having a decent conversation with you is hard
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by onyxo76(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Paid my tithe a few hours ago with gladness, the doctrine according to mr freeze does not apply to me.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Tankotanko: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ezechinwa:
There are lots commandments in the bible,

Christians emphasize on tithes, but ignore the rest.
Not Christians, but pastors. By the way tithe is never money but anything you can send to the storehouse. And in doing this the lefthand should not even know what the righthand is doing. This is for the benefit of the less fortunate ones. So money is out of it. Make una receive sense
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by samleey(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
It has stopped me

Hoooo Sorry Bro/Sis U allow them to get you.

I just got the real conviction to be persistent in paying my tithe. Since this issue started I renewed my commitment to God and His servant (my Pastor & Bishop) to continue paying my tithe, offerings and other giving. Jehovah God bless me more to do me, Amin
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by snowblaq(f): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
KardinalZik:
Tithe is a DEBT; it's not a gift!

It's my personal scripture-and-faith-led conviction to pay tithe.

NOT EVEN THE DEVIL CAN CONVINCE ME NOT TO PAY.

Why isn't there a button for about a million likes....
That last statement says it all.... All the devil can do is try.... But that only makes me give the more...
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by ruggedlaw(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
In fact I paid today, I even paid in advance for money a client is suppose to pay me but didn't, last Teusday he paid! Ntoor�
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Section7: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
Daddy freeze ko daddy freezer ni, u sabi en papa.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
miketayo:

U had always been paying tithe faithfully u dont have to lie about it because u want to make a point cheesy.
What is ur conviction pls? and Jesus never told us to pay tithes
I did not lie when I said I wasn't faithful... Jesus never told you to pay tithe but yet said give to God what belongs to God.what belongs to God-2 things. One is your person, and another is your possession.God will never accept your tithe or givings except he accept your person first. In another place, it is written love God and love your neighbors mathew22:37. How do you love God? How do you love your neighbor. You love God by giving him what belongs to him-giving God the one tenth of your income is an act of gratitude.how do you love your neighbors-giving to them. There is the giving to God and there is the giving to man-dont make mistake of mixing the two. After paying your tithe, if you feel like giving to orpahnages, do it.they are different entirely.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Tankotanko: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
safarigirl:
do you know who started Christianty?

The Catholic church, do you know how Protestants came about? By questioning this Catholic church and insulting the leaders, that is what Martin Luther did before the Protestants came about, so if you are not a Catholic your church is as a result of someone insulting the ORIGINAL church, so, what makes you think the church should be above questioning?

You must first of all separate the teachings of Christianty from the DOCTRINES of a Church.... Freeze is not challenging the religion, he is challenging the doctrines of some churches.

Do you think it is all churches that pay tithe? Or you think your variance of Christianity is the only one? There are Roman Catholic Christians, there are Orthodox Christians, there are Protestants, there are Coptic Chrostians, do you think each of these variants preach tithe?

Freeze is a Christian battling the DOCTRINES of certain denominations and he supports his beliefs with the grundnorm of the religion, the Holy Bible.... So, wipe that idea from your mind that Freeze is against Christianity

Certainly your days will surely be long, if not for anything but to help those who finds it difficult to understand. Bravo, they are thinking that they are more Christian than Freeze. The issue is wrong doctrine, Period.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
miketayo:

U had always been paying tithe faithfully u dont have to lie about it because u want to make a point cheesy.
What is ur conviction pls? and Jesus never told us to pay tithes
He that is faithful in little shall be faithful in much.
Let me tell you the truth-if you keep using your 1/10th to eat isi ewu and not paying it, you are no faithful. Tithe is what you do by faith to command the blessing thereof. The bible itself make us to understand that it is impossible to please God without faith. God sees your heary each time you bring your tithe, and he will bless you accordingly to your faithfulness. Or have you not red it, where the bible says about giving without forgiven your brother. That's why you need God to accept you first and foremost before your tithe to get the blessing. Your giving to God is a MUST.do not be deceived.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by petitejolie(f): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
the truth is DAT there's no sheeple to free. he's just giving a voice to those that dont pay in the first place. I'm a tither and its one of my hobbies.

1 Like

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by miketayo(m): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
MicTayor:

I did not lie when I said I wasn't faithful... Jesus never told you to pay tithe but yet said give to God what belongs to God.what belongs to God-2 things. One is your person, and another is your possession.God will never accept your tithe or givings except he accept your person first. In another place, it is written love God and love your neighbors mathew22:37. How do you love God? How do you love your neighbor. You love God by giving him what belongs to him-giving God the one tenth of your income is an act of gratitude.how do you love your neighbors-giving to them. There is the giving to God and there is the giving to man-dont make mistake of mixing the two. After paying your tithe, if you feel like giving to orpahnages, do it.they are different entirely.

Omg wat did I just read.. when Jesus said give to God wat belongs to God he wasn't talking about money or sacrifices, he was referring to Ur prayers and praises. God is not a police man and doesn't need man made money. And Jesus said wateva u do to d least of my brother u do to me, so if u want to give God money help that poor man/woman on d street, do charitable works. That's showing love. Abraham gave one tenth of d loots from d d war once and Levites collect tithes not pastors. Why not help someone in need and call it tithe if u really want to pay tithe.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Sunshyne200(m): 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
safarigirl:
do you know who started Christianty?

The Catholic church, do you know how Protestants came about? By questioning this Catholic church and insulting the leaders, that is what Martin Luther did before the Protestants came about, so if you are not a Catholic your church is as a result of someone insulting the ORIGINAL church, so, what makes you think the church should be above questioning?

You must first of all separate the teachings of Christianty from the DOCTRINES of a Church.... Freeze is not challenging the religion, he is challenging the doctrines of some churches.

Do you think it is all churches that pay tithe? Or you think your variance of Christianity is the only one? There are Roman Catholic Christians, there are Orthodox Christians, there are Protestants, there are Coptic Chrostians, do you think each of these variants preach tithe?

Freeze is a Christian battling the DOCTRINES of certain denominations and he supports his beliefs with the grundnorm of the religion, the Holy Bible.... So, wipe that idea from your mind that Freeze is against Christianity

OK.
But like I said, I ain't against his faith, but against the fact that he has a problem with what we do.
It's disrespectful to us as individuals to come and question what we believed in, and make those we follow look like rogues, he crossed his jurisdiction.

If by anyways he is not conforming with their message, I think all he needs to do was either:
* start a church where he won't take tithe, or
* keep quiet and let us perish in our (supposed) ignorance.

As a Christian, understanding the scripture is Holy Ghost inspired same as documenting the scripture.

So would freeze say, God told him to preach what he did, or he felt(human senses) to do it?

This is religion, Man's connection to a Supreme being, it's not like a constitution, theories, hypothesis or rules and regulations that can be opinionated on, it's divine and if he isn't divinely chosen, he should leave it to those who think they are called.

Like I said, I ain't against what he believes, but he should respect peoples decisions.

With all he said, I can deduce that he believes in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but would it be morally right if he came and questioned the Muslims faith and idol worshippers because of something he sure knows and is certain?

I am angry that he isn't respecting my right to worship and do whatever with my life and faith.

Off the records.
You are an amazing writer, I can't compete
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by miketayo(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
MicTayor:

He that is faithful in little shall be faithful in much.
Let me tell you the truth-if you keep using your 1/10th to eat isi ewu and not paying it, you are no faithful. Tithe is what you do by faith to command the blessing thereof. The bible itself make us to understand that it is impossible to please God without faith. God sees your heary each time you bring your tithe, and he will bless you accordingly to your faithfulness. Or have you not red it, where the bible says about giving without forgiven your brother. That's why you need God to accept you first and foremost before your tithe to get the blessing. Your giving to God is a MUST.do not be deceived.

Again God doesn't need ur money, give d needy or a charity organization. Salvation is more important than earthly wealth..
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hahaha Mr sheep is joking na. He should have gone to witness the just concluded Shiloh and redeemed congress. No one is really listening ...only on my those who actually do not pay tithes are the ones screaming. I pay my tithes...either to the church or the poor...daddy freeze should come and drag it from the offering basket
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by scriptaz18(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
It wasn't meant to stop or discourage people from paying tithes - instead to have a better understanding that tithing is not a 'do or die' affair like most Pastors are painting it to be.
Funny enough, I was once in a service wherein a Pastor said, "if you don't pay your tithe, you will go to the hottest part of hell".
With Freeze's dogmatic, Christians now understand what tithing is all about - after all, Pastor Adebayo and Pastor Olukoya disagreed on the credibility of tithing.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by bukatyne(f): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
The amazing thing is that I have not heard any pastor engage Daddy Freeze intelligently or with Biblical facts.

Just rants, insults and curses.

When satan tempted Jesus with the scriptures, He responded with the scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Olifiz(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
uyplus:

How does giving to a pastor equate to giving to God please? If you want to give to God, reach out to the least of his brothers. That's he commanded us to do. He said whatsoever you do to the least of my brother's, that you do unto me. It's only if you wanna take Jesus out of the God head, then giving to the down trodden won't equate to giving to God.

I stopped paying tithes ever since I read Deuteronomy 14 22 to 29.

Pls also read Hebrews 7:5-19. U will more believe tithe shouldn’t be payed n those pastors are armed robbers. It’s so painful how people will say spirit is leading them to do wat the Bible says should be stopped....will u say that spirit is from God, a God who cannot lie
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Lawsimon(m): 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
JackBizzle:
A lot have stopped paying tithes even before freeze started.

Tithe will soon become heresy
tithe can never become heresy. This year alone, I have through my testimonies in tithing as a result of my conviction, changed the attitude, mindset and reluctance of about 3 persons; they are now faithful tithers and the mission continues. I have made a vow to God that as far as i live, my generation will be faithful tithers, starting from my wife. Spiritual things are foolishness to people who think they are wise. Finally, i must confess that it's one of the difficult decisions i've ever taken in my life. I thank God that it was not borne out of compulsion or influence but from personal conviction and understanding; this is what is keeping me going, despite the temptations especially when there is increase in my income. I am a proud and faithful (10%) tither to my God. Don't Be Deceived!!!
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by bejeria101(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
1StopRudeness:
People can never stop giving to the church, no matter what freeze says. There are people of faith that actually read their bible and pple have been giving to men of God since the beginning of time and they've seen the benefits especially when they give from their heart.

Not all this fake giving we do now that pple will be asking themselves how has the pastor help you back.

Jesus never worked but the bible records they had money bag judas iscariot was stealing from.(john12v4-6) You think jesus will do so much miracles and pple won't give him things freely. Despite he had the power he never used his powers irresponsibly all the time to turn five loves of bread and fish for himself and disciples to eat, many of his needs probably came from the people.

Even the general principle of giving in the world looking at it away from the church, do you give something and expect to get back from the orphanages, widows and beggars you gave to?

Freeze is the one labelling the source of money in churches as tithe cos he feels 10% of people's income all over Nigeria is actually amounting to some huge figures.

To give tithe is hard ooooo, very few pple are doing it diligently. Nigerians no dey smile oooo, what's the population of nigerians that are christians seff, have good jobs, and are diligent enough to pay tithe.
The issue is people give beyond tithe, they give vows, sow huge seed like the widows mite that not even a pastor preached to them and the return is crazy because they were led by God spirit to do it out of the love in their heart not becos they were looking for some return in the first place
What this pastors are getting rich on is God leading some pple to give beyond tithe. Look at the guy that single handedly built a billion naira structure for a church. Is that one tithe.?? That's what's making pastors rich, what if he ddnt build and he gave the church in cash...we will now sit somewhere and start calculating it's our 5000 naira tithe thats is feeding the church
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Acidosis(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nobody can dictate to me what to do or what not to do with my money, not even a thousand light skin men.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by ontiah: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
It has stopped me

I now see beyond the ritual to SOW where I have true reward in the act of giving.
S = strangers
O = Orphans
W = widows
For to do unto these ones is doing unto GOD
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by blesoh(f): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nothing can ever stop me from paying my tithes
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by dhaniel23(m): 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
He should go and read malachi 3:7-10 and see what God is saying. People shouldn't just follow words of people when is comes to issues concerning God without Biblical proof. If you don't pay tithe it's a sin before God. Quote me on malachi 3:7
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by NembeBoy: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
Nutase:
a blind man cannot lead another blind man.
who are the sheepie?
confused people without hope looking for the smallest ray of hope to cling unto. they are no different from the touts that were following nnamdi Kanu.

I'm so glad dat I don't even go to church regularly bcus i see no difference btw de so called born again Christians and i. As of daddyfreeze, we actually need more of him bcus our Churches ve been so commercialized so dey arent doing God's work anymore but dias
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by Topleague(m): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
God word can never be broken. You dont use common sense to judge the thing of the spirit. People pay tithe out of their own free will, i have never heard that pastor force their congregation to pay. I paid my tithe come and beat me.
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by NembeBoy: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
dhaniel23:
He should go and read malachi 3:7-10 and see what God is saying. People shouldn't just follow words of people when is comes to issues concerning God without Biblical proof. If you don't pay tithe it's a sin before God. Quote me on malachi 3:7

Read Malachi 2-1 down. Dat verse u quoted starts from chapter 2 and God was referring to de priests and not u and i. Priests re de ones robbing God but ur pastors will neva tell u dat
Re: Has Daddy Freeze's #FreeTheSheeple Movement Stopped Anyone From Paying Tithe? by stoic6ix: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
[quote author=Gkay1 post=63145716]nothing can stop me from paying my tithes. i give to God not to pastor.
By the special grace of God, i will continue to give.

God doesn't need your money, pastors have too much already.. give to your next door neighbour who doesn't have what to eat or to some begged on the street. invest your 100 naira on a person who need it than for a pastor who won't even value it Cux he's receiving in millions. Simple logic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Pastor Jerry Eze Pays Food Vendor To Feed 1,000 Orphaned Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.