Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

My Thought... Being Unique - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Thought... Being Unique (376 Views)

Russian Artist Gained 4.5M Followers By Taking Bizarre And Thought-provoking Pho / Just Take a Look at Africa: A thought-provoking short piece / Alone With My Thought. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thought... Being Unique by TheLinguist1: 5:33am On Dec 10, 2017
MY THOUGHT
Being Unique

Being Unique is when...
You are the first rate version of yourself.
Being Unique is when...
Paradigms of yourself is not hindering you but helping you.
Being Unique is when...
You choose the life you want for yourself and not the one people want for you.
Being Unique is when...
You are being yourself.

The word "unique" was derived from a Latin word "unicus" which means "alone of its kind" or "only." The word unique is used to say that something or someone is unlike anything or anyone else... If that is the case, then why are we living our lives like a second-rate version of others?

We tend to forget about our uniqueness and that's why we try to live the life of others. We force ourselves to be friends with some persons just to gain popularity or perhaps to be accepted by people... Is that the life we want?

Paradigms of ourselves really matter... How do you see yourself? How do you compare yourself to others? Yes, they have the fame, the money, the looks and virtually everything you don't have but do you know what they went through before getting what they have? Do you have to feel inferior for not having those things? Inferiority complex is the worst emotional sickness someone can ever have...

Scientifically, it has been proven that every human being has a "look-alike." In other words, everyone resembles someone they know or do not know. Even if we resemble our parents or someone we don't know, that doesn't make us to quasi like them but rather, it should give us the notion that we have our own life to live and just because people think you're antiquated and reduse doesn't mean you will change from who you are to become what they want you to be...

All I am trying to say is... It is high time we stopped living as a second-rate version and live like the first rate version that we are... Stop living under people's shadows. Let's take Neymar as an example. Neymar understood his uniqueness and how important it is to stop living under someone's(Messi) shadows and opted to show how unique he is... And the rest is history. Our world is full of disparate people and each person is unique in their own way. Stop living your life under the shadows of others... Stop living a pretentious life... Stop living your life to please people... Remember, "learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all" and "people are as happy as they make up their mind to be." There is no greater joy than seeing yourself happy.

The vicissitudes of our uniqueness should be put to an abrupt end and we should have a paradigm shift of ourselves. I don't know about you but I know about me... I don't force myself into people's lives and you know why? It is because I'm unique and that uniqueness is what makes me The Linguist... Before I leave, let me drop something in our minds... We are all unique in our different ways and just like my brother would always say, "we are all going somewhere but we ain't going to get there the same way."

I am me and this is my thought on being unique...

Remember: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
#iamunique
#beingunique
#mythought
Re: My Thought... Being Unique by AloyalNigerian(m): 5:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice one op
Re: My Thought... Being Unique by TheLinguist1: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Want A T.V Series To Buy / An Important Change You Must Make This New Year / ‘upcoming Writers Should Not Rush Their Works’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.