Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

God's Favorite Biblical Character - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Favorite Biblical Character (9065 Views)

OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by mployer(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
if one of them dies, has God died?

Every of them is immortal.

Jesus had dual personality. He was 100% man and 100% God. Reason he called himself 'Son of man' on some occasions and 'son of God' on other occasions depending on the message he wants to communicate.

The part of him that died is the human nature, the God nature didn't die. The God nature of him is whom we worship today.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:

so...

Jesus is his own father.

He sent himself on an errand to earth, and kept saying that the things he says aren't of himself, but that the one who sent him gave him a commandment as to what to say.

He prayed to himself.

He told the mother of James and John that the choosing of those who would sit by his left and right wasn't his to decide, when he was actually the one deciding.

He then asked that his own will (that he dies) not his own will (that the cup pass away from him instead) be done.

He raised himself from the dead.

Well done sah!
Jesus Christ is God. There are three persons in one God; God the father, God the son who is Christ Jesus and God the Holy Spirit. That is why during the creation of man, God said 'Let US make man in our own image and likeness' Us here refers to the three persons in one God called the Trinity. You can also refer to 1 Cor 8:6 and Isaiah 9:6. Happy Sunday.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2017
mployer:

Every of them is immortal.

Jesus had dual personality. He was 100% man and 100% God. Reason he called himself 'Son of man' on some occasions and 'son of God' on other occasions depending on the message he wants to communicate.

The part of him that died is the human nature, the God nature didn't die. The God nature of him is whom we worship today.
lol. So it wasn't Jesus that died but just a part of him?

So you mean you think Jesus himself did not really die for anyone?

Fine...

What do you think? Why is it that when the mother of James and John came to ask that her sons sit at his right and left in the Kingdom (Matt 20: 20 - 24), Jesus told her that it wasn't his decision to make but it has been decided by his father?

Did Jesus lie since (according to you guys) he was his own father? Or was he telling the truth that he is subordinate to the father?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2017
destinyy23:
Jesus Christ is God. There are three persons in one God; God the father, God the son who is Christ Jesus and God the Holy Spirit. That is why during the creation of man, God said 'Let US make man in our own image and likeness' Us here refers to the three persons in one God called the Trinity. You can also refer to 1 Cor 8:6 and Isaiah 9:6. Happy Sunday.
I have just two questions right now.

1) Are these 3 persons separate/distinct persons or just manifestations of one person?
2) Can God die?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by cooljoe(m): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2017
if Jesus is not in d running, then d answer is really simple - King David.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
I have just two questions right now.

1) Are these 3 persons separate/distinct persons or just manifestations of one person?
2) Can God die?
1)This is a mystery, beyond human's comprehension.
2) God doesn't die. He is immortal. Jesus Christ died because he came down from heaven and took the form of man.
PS: This isn't an argument. Blessed are those that haven't seen yet believe. John 20:29.
Shalom.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Danladi7: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2017
mployer:

Jesus christ is God himself.
so the OP means "Jesus favourite biblical character"

and Jesus actually created David.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Danladi7: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
God was closer and more attentive to Abraham and Moses than David.
In actual sense Jesus was closer and more attentive to Abraham and Moses than David.

Because Jesus is the God.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Danladi7: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2017
mployer:

Your canal mind will not understand.

I even wonder how you believe he was raised from dead, as that is scientifically not possible.
It shouldn't be a miracle self, since he himself is the God.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Its David, then maybe Solomon.
Jesus favorite was John the beloved.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:53am On Dec 10, 2017
David always agreet to his sin that why he is call a man after God heart
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
destinyy23:

1)This is a mystery, beyond human's comprehension.
2) God doesn't die. He is immortal. Jesus Christ died because he came down from heaven and took the form of man.
PS: This isn't an argument. Blessed are those that haven't seen and yet believe. John 20:29.
Shalom.

It's not a mystery. Jesus Christ taught and showed that he is inferior and subordinate to his father. Anyone teaching otherwise is making Jesus a liar and cannot be his follower.

lol. God doesn't die, He is immortal. Yet Jesus died and he is God.

No wahala. Go your way in peace smiley
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by ola12(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
Has to be abraham, no man in the bible(apart from Jesus himself) had such connection and understandin of God. But I dont tink God really has favorites tho, He loves all equally
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:

It's not a mystery. Jesus Christ taught and showed that he is inferior and subordinate to his father. Anyone teaching otherwise is making Jesus a liar and cannot be his follower.

lol. God doesn't die, He is immortal. Yet Jesus died and he is God.

No wahala. Go your way in peace smiley
Philippians:2:5
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
2:8
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
Xzbit91:

Philippians:2:5
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
2:8
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
What point do you think Paul was trying to make in those verses, especially in verse 6? Start from verse 1 and read it slowly.

As you read, ask yourself... if you OBEY someone, is that person your equal or your superior? Would the Almighty ever have to be OBEDIENT to anyone?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Icaretoo: 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

David was the man after God's heart;

Although he was a killer,
He slept with somebody's wife,
He married someone's wife when the person died,
He was more talented in music than D'Banj,
He had a true passion for the Lord,
He was a master with words and a genius at poetry.

The moral is that God's ways are not man's ways.
That's why I don't hesitate to sleep with any woman married or not.
God loves who he loves.

clear abuse of God's grace
Roman 3vs3-5
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by iamstrong(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
For me it's 2face.....after so much baby mamas God blessed him and kept on blessing him
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by joceey(m): 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
The greatest favourite so far to me is Prophet Moses of old since GOD choose to reveal HIMSELF to him and said no man that's sees my nature ever live to see the next second, minute, hours or day grin
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
What point do you think Paul was trying to make in those verses, especially in verse 6? Start from verse 1 and read it slowly.

As you read, ask yourself... if you OBEY someone, is that person your equal or your superior? Would the Almighty ever have to be OBEDIENT to anyone?

In those verses, St Paul was simply telling us (christians) to be lovers of one another, doing things in one accord even to the point of humbling ourselves like Christ, who though is God, did not seek equality with the father, but humbled himself by taking on the form of a servant in obedience, even unto death.

Obedience has nothing to do with superiority. I have been sent on errands even by my Juniors, it means nothing, except in situations where it is outrightly disrespectful.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by brightnonso: 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

What other atrocity did he commit aside the Uriel wife Saga? And when David repents he repents with all his heart.

he numbered the children of Israel and many died because of that; He ate the show bread made for the priest only..............

1 Like

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Rimamsirufun(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

David was the man after God's heart;

Although he was a killer,
He slept with somebody's wife,
He married someone's wife when the person died,
He was more talented in music than D'Banj,
He had a true passion for the Lord,
He was a master with words and a genius at poetry.

The moral is that God's ways are not man's ways.
That's why I don't hesitate to sleep with any woman married or not.
God loves who he loves.

Wrong notion, God loves all believers, He has no favorites. He even loves the world, John 3:16.
Taking the sin of adultery and fornication as a light thing will surely be detrimental to you. David slept with Uriah's wife but repented and never went back to stealing other people's wife, even at that, the consequence was there, his son slept with his wives or concubines in the front of the whole Israel in broad day light. Please don't take God's forgiveness for Granted. He loves you as He loves all His Children and He doesn't want you to Sin. Remain blessed.
#JesuSaves
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Jesse01:
and in dat same second kings didn't u read where some prophets came to Elisha, asking him to give dem permission to go look 4 Elijah undecided go and understand d Bible be4 u teach me about biblical knowledge.
Lol oga goan read your bible...Elisha told them not to go because he knew that Elijah had been taken to heaven. When the prophets insisted and went did they find Elijah?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Xzbit91:

In those verses, St Paul was simply telling us (christians) to be lovers of one another, doing things in one accord even to the point of humbling ourselves like Christ, who though is God, did not seek equality with the father, but humbled himself by taking on the form of a servant in obedience, even unto death.

Obedience has nothing to do with superiority. I have been sent on errands even by my Juniors, it means nothing, except in situations where it is outrightly disrespectful.
lol. Would one ever seek equality with himself? You guys are funny.

Jesus has the same nature with God, both powerful spirit beings. However the son did not try to seek equality (unlike the devil), instead he humbled himself, suffered as a human and obeyed his father till death, and because of his obedience God elevated him. Where can you possibly elevate the almighty to, if Jesus was Almighty?

Seriously? Obedience has nothing to superiority? Lolz... Anyways so you know, Jesus called his father his God. Unless you trying to say that you are equal with your God, I think this argument is dead on arrival.

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by mployer(m): 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
lol. So it wasn't Jesus that died but just a part of him?

So you mean you think Jesus himself did not really die for anyone?

Fine...

What do you think? Why is it that when the mother of James and John came to ask that her sons sit at his right and left in the Kingdom (Matt 20: 20 - 24), Jesus told her that it wasn't his decision to make but it has been decided by his father?

Did Jesus lie since (according to you guys) he was his own father? Or was he telling the truth that he is subordinate to the father?

Sometimes he spoke as the son of man. Other times he spoke as the son of God(God himself).

For example, he was able to forgive sins. And that infuriated the Jews because only God can do that.

Again other prophets usually say 'thus says the Lord...

But Jesus normally say ' I say unto you..

Meaning he is the Lord himself.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
mployer:

Sometimes he spoke as the son of man. Other times he spoke as the son of God(God himself).

For example, he was able to forgive sins. And that infuriated the Jews because only God can do that.

Again other prophets usually say 'thus says the Lord...

But Jesus normally say ' I say unto you..

Meaning he is the Lord himself.
really? So what did Jesus mean when he would say the things he says are from the father and he says nothing of his own?

God even gives him commandments.

Yeah, Jesus wasn't a mere prophet, he is the son of God and can rightly be called Divine. Even humans are called gods, how much more the son of the Almighty. Jesus has a central role in the outworking of God's purpose, and has been GIVEN authority including the authority to forgive and judge BY his father (Matt 28: 19). You cannot be given what is already yours.

You guys really need to sit and study the bible. Jesus is not the Almighty for the Almighty is his father and his God. The Bible is clear on that.

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by piagetskinner(m): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
David was always contrite and broken anytime he sinned...

one thing most people leave out is that David never went back to the sin he repented of/from

thats why God called him a man after his own Heart
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
lol. Would one ever seek equality with himself? You guys are funny.

Jesus has the same nature with God, both powerful spirit beings. However the son did not try to seek equality (unlike the devil), instead he humbled himself, suffered as a human and obeyed his father till death, and because of his obedience God elevated him. Where can you possibly elevate the almighty to, if Jesus was Almighty?

Seriously? Obedience has nothing to superiority? Lolz... Anyways so you know, Jesus called his father his God. Unless you trying to say that you are equal with your God, I think this argument is dead on arrival.

What is your point exactly? Are you trying to say Jesus is not God, simply because he humbled himself?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
really? So what did Jesus mean when he would say the things he says are from the father and he says nothing of his own?

God even gives him commandments.

Yeah, Jesus wasn't a mere prophet, he is the son of God and can rightly be called Divine. Even humans are called gods, how much more the son of the Almighty. Jesus has a central role in the outworking of God's purpose, and has been GIVEN authority including the authority to forgive and judge BY his father (Matt 28: 19). You cannot be given what is already yours.

You guys really need to sit and study the bible. Jesus is not the Almighty for the Almighty is his father and his God. The Bible is clear on that.

And you conveniently left out verse 45, where He said he that seeth Me seeth He that sent me.

Now, why will Jesus say that if he wasn't one with the father?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
Xzbit91:

What is your point exactly? Are you trying to say Jesus is not God, simply because he humbled himself?
I am saying Jesus is not the Almighty. His God and Father is. Jesus is the son of God and the way to his father, not God himself. That's what the Bible teaches.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
Xzbit91:

And you conveniently left out verse 45, where He said he that seeth Me seeth He that sent me.

Now, why will Jesus say that if he wasn't one with the father?
in layman language, Jesus is his father's carbon copy. He is so like his father that he is a perfect representative.

What's more, being one shows the kind of unity father and son share. That's why Jesus prayed that his Father help his followers be one just as he is one with his Father.

What do you think? Does John 17: 21 mean that all of Jesus' followers would become one person or that they would be united?
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 7:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
I am saying Jesus is not the Almighty. His God and Father is. Jesus is the son of God and the way to his father, not God himself. That's what the Bible teaches.

Who do you think this scripture is talking about?

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by KingdomofGOD: 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
Jesus is GOD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Reveals That Jesus Christ Was a Black Man� RUSSIAN ICON / Can I Have Dreadlocks As A Christian?? / Is The Jehovah's Witness Organisation Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.