Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

God's Favorite Biblical Character - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Favorite Biblical Character (9058 Views)

OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
in layman language, Jesus is his father's carbon copy. He is so like his father that he is a perfect representative.

What's more, being one shows the kind of unity father and son share. That's why Jesus prayed that his Father help his followers be one just as he is one with his Father.

What do you think? Does John 17: 21 mean that all of Jesus' followers would become one person or that they would be united?

Jesus was begotten, He wasn't made. Every other thing including the Angels and heavens were created, by him, with him and through him. He Himself is God.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by cchiagom(f): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=63144803]

David was the man after God's heart;
Although he was a killer, He slept with somebody's wife, He married someone's wife when the person died, He was more talented in music than D'Banj, He had a true passion for the Lord, He was a master with words and a genius at poetry.
The moral is that God's ways are not man's ways. That's why I don't hesitate to sleep with any woman married or not. God loves who he loves. Chai! onye melu to ihe a
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Oroolorun(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
Aside The Son of God, the answer is ENOCH. It's just that Bible didn't say much about Him. He is so loved by God that God took him away from the face of the earth to where there is no record of sin. Nothing can beat that!
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
Xzbit91:

Jesus was begotten, He wasn't made. Every other thing including the Angels and heavens were created, by him, with him and through him. He Himself is God.
hahaha... What do you think begotten means?

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
Xzbit91:

Who do you think this scripture is talking about?
Jesus. He was with God his father at the beginning, before mankind came into existence. He also has the same divine nature as his father.

Centuries before the trinity doctrine became official and the KJV Bible was translated, The Sahidic Coptic text used an indefinite article before the word translated God in that verse. Jesus' early followers didn't believe he was God Almighty, but the mighty son of God.

They are two distinct unequal individuals, the father (God) who begat a son (Jesus) before the world was. The son learnt from his father and came to show humans the way to God. All his power and authority he got from his father.

Jesus has always been and would always be second in command to his Father who is also his God (does this surprise you?).
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
hahaha... What do you think begotten means?

Fathered!! God the father, proclaimed Him as his son.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bahddo:
Jesus. He was with God his father at the beginning, before mankind came into existence. He also has the same divine nature as his father.

Centuries before the trinity doctrine became official and the KJV Bible was translated, The Sahidic Coptic text used an indefinite article before the word translated God in that verse. Jesus' early followers didn't believe he was God Almighty, but the mighty son of God.

They are two distinct unequal individuals, the father (God) who begat a son (Jesus) before the world was. The son learnt from his father and came to show humans the way to God. All his power and authority he got from his father.

Jesus has always been and would always be second in command to his Father who is also his God (does this surprise you?).

See the bolded, they're not unequals and they're not distinct individuals. They're ONE.

@the second bolded. Where did you read that from? Most certainly not in the Bible that I know. God the father begat Jesus when he took on flesh to become man, not before that.

When He was with the father before creation. He himself was God
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
asdfjklhaha:

Lol oga goan read your bible...Elisha told them not to go because he knew that Elijah had been taken to heaven. When the prophets insisted and went did they find Elijah?
so wen Jesus said dat no one has been to heaven except him dat came down frm heaven, he was speaking Spanish abi? embarassed

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by najib632(m): 12:22am On Dec 11, 2017
GeoSilYe:
Greeting.

Now lemme go straight to the point, of all the characters in the bible who do you think God loved the most?

My opinion

King David.

Why? God just kept on forgiving him even after all the atrocities he committed.

What do you think?
It's Abraham then Moses then Noah then Jesus
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by RealityShot: 5:39am On Dec 11, 2017
olihilistic:
Benue...
Oops! she is @ port harcourt
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Mightymanna(m): 7:33am On Dec 11, 2017
mployer:

Jesus christ is God himself.
blasphemy
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Bahddo(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2017
Xzbit91:

See the bolded, they're not unequals and they're not distinct individuals. They're ONE.

@the second bolded. Where did you read that from? Most certainly not in the Bible that I know. God the father begat Jesus when he took on flesh to become man, not before that.

When He was with the father before creation. He himself was God
lol. They are not distinct and unequal but one calls the other his God?

I give up on this conversation. You neither know nor respect what the Bible teaches. You just want to believe your Trinity even when you can't defend it. I might as well have been arguing with a stone.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Xzbit91: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
Bahddo:
lol. They are not distinct and unequal but one calls the other his God?

I give up on this conversation. You neither know nor respect what the Bible teaches. You just want to believe your Trinity even when you can't defend it. I might as well have been arguing with a stone.

I can say same thing of you.
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
kumakunta:

I pity you

Pity your miserable canal mind
Re: God's Favorite Biblical Character by ArcToyin(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=63144803] shocked

David was the man after God's heart;
Although he was a killer, He slept with somebody's wife, He married someone's wife when the person died, He was more talented in music than D'Banj, He had a true passion for the Lord, He was a master with words and a genius at poetry.
The moral is that God's ways are not man's ways. That's why I don't hesitate to sleep with any woman married or not. God loves who he loves. [/quote Hebrew 10:26, try to read it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Problems Of An Atheistic Position? / Share Your Favourite Christian Song / Is The Jehovah's Witness Organisation Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.