Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen (796 Views)

Mohammed Jamil Bello: I Did Not Attack President Buhari - Kebbi Man (Video) / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You / Yahaya Bello: I Will Perform Better In Second Term If Given (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by MisterGrace: 9:00am On Dec 10, 2017

A WEEK AFTER BELLO INVITED FULANI HERDSMEN TO KOGI STATE
10 feared dead as herdsmen attack communities in Kogi

Just last week, Gov. Bello threatened to deal with any traditional ruler(s) anywhere there is crisis, the traditional ruler will be removed or dethrone from office.

And this week, Fulani herdsmen attacked Agabifo in Omala Local Government Area and Omi in Yagba West Local Government Area, both in Kogi State, allegedly killing 10 persons at the weekend.

The influx of the herdsmen into the state, was following the recent pronouncement by the state Governor, Yahaya Bello that he will not support anti Grazing Bill.

The governor went further by declaring a green passport for any Fulani herdsmen wanting to live in the state.

The Fulani herdsmen, it was learnt, invaded the farmland and fed their cattle with the farm produce, and attacked a farmer and his family when the farmer approached them.

They chased them to the village where about 10 people were allegedly killed.

It was further gathered that the Fulani herdsmen, after invading the village, carrying AK47 riffles and other dangerous arms, went back to the farm and destroyed their crops and ran away.

Sunday Telegraph learnt that the villagers have run away from their houses as the herdsmen threatened to invade the village again.

Similarly, another group of Fulani herdsmen invaded another farmland at Omi.

An eye witnessed account disclosed that the Fulani herdsmen with over 30 cattle invaded a rice farm owned by a woman, destroying the rice farm and chased the farmers away.

A farmer, who doesn’t want his identity to be known disclosed that the Fulani herdsmen were fully armed.

He added that other farmers were in their farm working when they heard gunshots allegedly coming from the invading herdsmen.

According to the source, he escaped by the grace of God. He appealed to the state government to take a proactive step by calling on the Fulani herdsmen to order.

The Public Relation Officer of the State Police Command, Mr. William Ayah, while confirming the attack, said only two persons were killed by some unknown gun men.

While insisting that the command is yet to confirm if Fulani herdsmen carried out the attack or not, Aya said the State Police Commissioner, Ali Janga, had ordered full investigation into the mayhem.

The Governor, Alhaji Yayaha Bello, during a tripartite stakeholders meeting between the state government, the Miyyeti Allah Cattle Rearers Association and the Farmers Association in Kogi State, Bello had thrown the gate of the state opened to Fulani herdsmen, who found it difficult to enter states like Benue, Ekiti and Nassarawa.

Governor Bello said the people of the state must go and learn how to coexist peacefully with the cattle rearers.

The governor also read riot acts to the traditional rulers, in the state vowing to adopt all available means to punish them if they fail to instill discipline and prevent further breakdown of law and order in their domain.

“My administration will deal with any traditional rulers anywhere there is crisis, the traditional ruler will be removed or dethrone from office,” he warned.

http://www.austinokai.com/2017/12/10/gov-bello-my-administration-will-deal-with-traditional-ruler-that-dont-support-welcome-fulani-herdsmen/
Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by OfficialAwol(m): 9:11am On Dec 10, 2017
Fools like this mistake of a Governor, are those who bleak the chances of the youth in this country. While the the youths are clamouring for more chances, the one who has it, is squandering it, and setting an unpleasant precedent.

Now, when another youth clamours for power, people will now refer to Kogi as a case study.

But let's hope this is another Dino Melaye propaganda and not anywhere close to the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by Ever8054: 9:12am On Dec 10, 2017
what is" Bello"?... I don see governor wey Benue state governor better pass...

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 9:15am On Dec 10, 2017
with me, I will deal with traditional ruler who support Fulani herdsmen
Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by uwa1(m): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2017
Am not surprised... Is it not Bello, the clueless and goalless governor...

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by kenic(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
The headline sounds a bit funny though grin...
Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by double0seven(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2017
Very useless Governor. Because he knows he's good for nothing, he is trying to do eye service to Buhari so as to always get the President's support.

Imagine stupid Governor doing eye service to PMB at the expense of the livelihood and lives of his citizens.
Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by aolawale025: 9:55am On Dec 10, 2017
double0seven:
Very useless Governor. Because he knows he's good for nothing, he is trying to do eye service to Buhari so as to always get the President's support.

Imagine stupid Governor doing eye service to PMB at the expense of the livelihood and lives of his citizens.

The "eye service" isn't enough to get him re elected. Kogi people had better wise up and look for a competent replacement in 2019

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by royalamour(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2017
Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by SalamRushdie: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2017
What kind of trouble is this ? This is coming after Fulanis killed 10 peoplebin Kogi for no reason this week... People clamouring for youthful leadership there goes one oo

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bello:i Will Deal With Traditional Ruler That Don’t Support Fulani Herdsmen by royalamour(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:
What kind of trouble is this ? This is coming after Fulanis killed 10 peoplebin Kogi for no reason this week... People clamouring for youthful leadership there goes one oo

Such a huge shame.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Speaks Out / Nigeria Should Not Be Allowed To Disintegrate During – Zik’s Wife / Ibori, Tinubu And Uzor Kalu Pictured Together At Uzor Kalu Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.