Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

'i Killed My Husband With Acid When His Concubine Delivered A Baby' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'i Killed My Husband With Acid When His Concubine Delivered A Baby' (1251 Views)

Jealous Husband Baths Wife With With Acid For Leaving Him (photo) / Barrenness: Wife Attacks Husband With Acid in Ibadan (photo) / Policeman's Wife Bathes Husband With Hot Water(Graphic Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'i Killed My Husband With Acid When His Concubine Delivered A Baby' by AloyEmeka5: 12:06am On Mar 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
'I killed my husband with acid when his concubine delivered a baby'

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/30/838.html

A housewife, Beatrice Safiu, who allegedly killed her husband at OPIC Estate Annex, Agbara, Ogun State, penultimate Saturday has declared that she killed her husband, Oluwatoyin, with acid when she heard that the concubine of the deceased had been delivered of a baby.

Beatrice, who is currently in detention at the Ogun State Police Command headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, said she lied at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, that armed robbers poured acid on her husband, having been driven out of Badagry General Hospital and a private hospital.

During the parade of suspected armed robbers, murderers and burglars in Abeokuta on Monday, the state Police Commissioner, Alhaji Musa Daura, accused the woman of killing her husband by pouring acid on him despite the claims of the woman that she acted in self-defence.

The command also paraded other suspects involved in shop-breaking, vehicle snatching and possession of fake military uniform and currency.

The late Safiu was said to be sitting in the couples living room, when the Beatrice poured acid on him, which later resulted to his death.

The female suspect was one of the 21 suspects paraded by the police command, who were arrested in connection with varying offences, who Daura said would soon be charged to court for prosecution.

Beatrice claimed that the couple used the substance to wash the engine of a truck that belonged to the family.

The mother of five, who has two of her children currently studying at the Osun State University, confessed to have committed the crime owing to the pain of hearing that her husband's concubine had given birth to a baby for the late Safiu.

A neighbor, Mrs. Kemi Adeoye, who claimed to have witnessed the incident, said it was the loud cry of the deceased that alerted other occupants in the building, adding that the neighbours met the wife folding her arms when they entered their apartment.

Adeoye said, "We heard the man crying and saw the woman beside him.

When we got there, we realized that the man was dying. While we were running around looking form help, we ran out of fuel but we were to get an Okada (commercial motorcycle). She (Beatrice) lied at the hospital that armed robbers invaded their apartment."

Daura urged the people of the state to cooperate with the police, adding that the command would embark on training and re-retraining of Quick Intervention Officers towards combating crimes in the state.

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Impersonating Crime Fighter Ali Kwara To Extort Money!!! / Mother Arrested After Boyfriend Raped 3-yr-old Daughter To Death / See What This 32 Year Old Did To His Mother!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.