Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

"I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo (24283 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos / Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by CaptainStephen(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
yeyerolling:
I can bet op went to lasu cos he cud not afford convenant o
Wrong ! The OP is a Military Officer
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by wirinet(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
bezimo:

He was talking from Malachi 3...and emphasising the fact that from scriptures in Mal 3 open heaven is not possible for a non-tither.so there is nothing he said that is not backed by scriptures.
Malachi was not referring to ordinary people, it was warning, advice and admonitions for Priests . The priests were teaching the people false doctrines and eating the tithes paid by the people, so God was warning them to desist from such acts or face the consequences.

Here is Malachi 2:1

2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you .

2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Another confirmation that the messages are for priests;

Malachi 2:4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you , that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

See here that the priests were preaching wrong doctrines;

Malachi 2:7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

The bolded sound familiar? Nigerian pastors have become emergency Levis.

See the priests were robbing the temple and the nation by chopping tithes;

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

And they were preaching wrong and wicked doctrines;

Malachi 3:13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?

3:14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?

3:15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by captianfreeman(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2017
Noted.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Richy4(m): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
sikowitz17:
God started his ministry and simply used an ordinary man...so it's God's church....and I dont work with the church.... But when millions of naira is paid my a man who has never met me... To send me to school... I'll rather just pray for him.

I understand the reasons why you are defending this.. I would have done the same if I were to be in your shoes.. I believe u are an undergraduate.. and u know what prove is..

I was thinking that you were one of his accountants or finance manager who knew and have the facts that he doesn't touch the proceeds from his books that was sold.. and that his Family's expenditure were not included when books were balanced... I wish you well in your studies...
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Bwoodlt: 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

How does he make his money?

He doesn't claim the proceeds if his books;
He doesn't spend the tithes of members;
He doesn't have a day job as far as I can tell;

So how exactly does he make his plenty money? He is one of the richest pastors o!

I have never drawn a dime from my books once-we only feed from the testimonies that come in. See the bolded part. Lets not forget reading books expands the mind and opens ones eyes to possibilities. If as a result of his book, you executed some of the instructions and that transformed your entire life and made you a better man, its only reasonable that you look for him and bless him in return, or at least some would do. Its a simple logic. Here we are talking of a man who's written more than 100 books. At least, I know the sort of relationship I personally have with my pastor.

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by cescky(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
BlackAce31:

If I don't know a thing shouldn't I ask?

Asking no issues..

Saying and talking..A whole New Ball Game

Truth is man ,as a being his Biggest weapon is his mouth...and he has Godly responsibility to know how to use it..for with big weapons comes big responsibility and consequences
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by pweetiedee(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
sikowitz17:
my father cannot stoop so low to reply anybody on kingdom matters.... And it might even surprise you that the bishop might not even know who freeze is.... Because there's no time for frevolities... My father is always working.

Oyedepo is your dad?
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

So how exactly does he make his plenty money? He is one of the richest pastors o!

Those are not questions the brainwashed and fanatical shepple are prepared to respond to grin

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Lotechi(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
This man has sold more books than Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda all put together despite piracy. If he were to take proceeds of tapes and books alone na billionaire. Yet some funny individuals will ask you how he is rich. I was amazed myself to find out in 2015 that he does not earn from Books proceed neither does he take Salary. It is the church that takes the proceeds.

Same with their Universities. In this case neither the Church nor Oyedepo takes profit(even though they can if they desire to). Everything is reinvested back into the system and the Church adds some more billions to the Universities annually. At times Oyedepo also gives to the Universities from his own pocket.

he does not get profit from books, covenant university, he does not earn salary, then how does he get his money

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by SweetJoystick(m): 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
cescky:
: cool

Thats My spiritual father

Note: to those who may be truly ignorant and supporting freeze against this man and his likes ...id advise you to desist, note this I've meet freeze before and all he's doing is to garner attention...and consider that if these men of God are right " you'll are fighting against God" if your truly a Christian, recall the Pharisees of Jesus time thought they were fighting for God, of course some way plainly evil and jealous a lot were against Jesus, but couldn't tell why..( where all agents of the dark and light sides..and who we submit to .are we used by them).

If you don't know about a thing, it's best to keep shut, freeze doesn't know the forces behind the scene using him...of course a lot of people aren't Christians, their just church goers and were waiting for the likes of freeze to show their true colors
Matthew 23 vs 9. Any pastor that doesn't rebuke you for calling him daddy In the Lord or spiritual father Is fraud.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by seasy: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:

First of all. RCCG, LFC are bigger in numbers than some nations of the Earth with Millions of Members each. I once heard of a Man who saw Oyedepo at the Hotel and then he took a bag and threw it into his Hotel room. Of course they chased after him and he turned to be someone who just wanted to give money because he felt blessed by the Man's ministry. So yes when you pastor a church with millions of members their gifts can make you a billionaire.

But as a I said earlier on we are not trying to protect pastors but the congregation. So I am not concerned about whether my mentor gives to poor or not but how I have taken care of the poor myself. At the end Oyedepo, Myself and you would answer our different names in the presence of Christ. And he won't ask me if Oyedepo gave to poor. He would ask me if I gave to the poor.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by mickeymimi: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
bezimo:

He was talking from Malachi 3...and emphasising the fact that from scriptures in Mal 3 open heaven is not possible for a non-tither as said by God himself.so there is nothing he said that is not backed by scriptures.

[s]open heaven is not possible for a non-tither [/s]

but Jesus said if you do not feed ..cloth...help the need .. you cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven mat 25V 36 and not tithe
Do you just tithes and ignore the laws, years and feast to attached to tithing in the bible...otherwise you are doing it wrong.

Daddy Freeze raised the points below as stated in the bible. You need to read the whole of Malachi and Deut
God talks about the place, what activities are expected... and that .... you are to bring burnt offerings, your sacrifices, with your tithes. They were instructed to bring their tithes – ten percent of but many different items. They also are to share with the Levites *collectors of tithes*....you are also suppose to eat the tithe before God and rejoice with your family...it is suppose to be done yearly from your increase. The poor and needy were to be cared for......and Det 15 ..the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. ... that is free ur debtors

19:21. Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor ......can you do this .No ...then you and your pastors are not perfect ....
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by SBG04: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
Some might wonder why I post so much about pastors and the church. It is certainly not because I idolise any man whatsoever. Oyedepo, Adeboye and the rest are just Generals in God's Army so unbelievers persecuting them is not an issue.
However we are not oblivious of the strategy of the kingdom of Hell which is to Take aim at the Set men and scuttle the congregation, with congregations scuttled many would relegate out of faith. This is particularly the reason why I no longer get involved in the Tithing debate. The majority of those who are Anti Tithing are not lovers of the Church. You would usually see them say things like "Churches are too much, we need Industries" but a True lover of the Church must first see himself as a Christian and every other thing like Tribe and Nationality comes second hence my church validates your country and not the other way.

I'm using this medium to admonish True lovers of the Church not to fall for the same trap Eve fell for. Do not engage in a conversation where you are unaware of the underlying Motivations of the individual you are debating with. Eve argued with the Devil concerning the things of God. He(devil) was technically right by twisting a concept in his assertion and it led to the fall of man.

In the midst of any noise in the Church, Heaven or Hell must gain. Ask yourself who gains by these noise on Tithing. The Enemy would make you think it is Heaven that would gain just like the Serpent deceived Eve by telling her all she would gain by eating the fruit.

Secondly, know the priorities of Christ and ask yourself if Jesus would be igniting a debate about Tithing in a world where Christians are loosing Faith, Divorce in Church is high and there is Sexual Immorality pervading some Churches.

Lastly, study your Christian faith(or religion) and understand how changes occur in d church. How did we get to correct some doctrinal errors in the church. Did we have to pull Methodist down for Hagin to emerge, did we have to pull Anglican down for Oyedepo to emerge or did we have to pull Apostolic faith down for Kumuyi to emerge. These men came out of these ministries and tried to correct some things yet the ministries they emerged from are spared onslaught. As Christ said "any house standing against itself cannot stand". Hagin did not condemn Methodist for kicking him out when he got big because he knew only the Devil benefits.

And you think you have made sense with this trash? why do you suppose a country with one of the highest rates of malnutrition, poverty, disease, infant mortality rate and starvation, also has the highest number of richest pastors in Africa and one of the highest earners in the world? Does that irony not annoy and irritate you? In the midst of so much lack, despair and hopelessness, we have Pastors raking in millions of USD, buying private jets and cruising luxury cars. Its an aberration. Only an ignorant novice like you will find something like that normal in a 3rd world country.

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by wirinet(m): 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bwoodlt:

I have never drawn a dime from my books once-we only feed from the testimonies that come in. See the bolded part. Lets not forget reading books expands the mind and opens ones eyes to possibilities. If as a result of his book, you executed some of the instructions and that transformed your entire life and made you a better man, its only reasonable that you look for him and bless him in return, or at least some would do. Its a simple logic. Here we are talking of a man who's written more than 100 books. At least, I know the sort of relationship I personally have with my pastor.

He became a billionaire because people bought his book, read the book and gained useful knowledge and then the people dashed him money in appreciation. Even my 6 yr old would not believe that rubbish.

I do not want to boast but do you know how many people I have helped and ended up paying me back with wickedness. I have housed and fed someone for 2 years (I even helped him set up a business). At the ended of the day I became his enermy.

Most Nigerians do not show appreciation for good done to them and lots pay back with evil, and this even run within families. I know people who help family members become successful, at the end of the day they do not only fail to show appreciation, they go on to repay with wickedness.

All you guys that are ready to submit your whole savings and probably your life too to your pastor do so because of indoctrination and fear. You have been so indoctrinated that you fear contradicting or disobeying your pastor, due to the consequences of hell, misfortune or death.

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by stagger: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Oil well and gifts. It is on record that most of the cars auctioned to church members are personal gifts to the Bishop that those who have been blessed over time by his ministry have given to him. He releases them for auction to church members at reduced prices.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by gwinaB(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Are you aware he is very accessible? Just go to his office in canaanland and ask him. I am of the opinion that he will be eager to satisfy to curiosity with the necessary details
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by NoToPile: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
Some might wonder why I post so much about pastors and the church. It is certainly not because I idolise any man whatsoever. Oyedepo, Adeboye and the rest are just Generals in God's Army so unbelievers persecuting them is not an issue.
However we are not oblivious of the strategy of the kingdom of Hell which is to Take aim at the Set men and scuttle the congregation, with congregations scuttled many would relegate out of faith. This is particularly the reason why I no longer get involved in the Tithing debate. The majority of those who are Anti Tithing are not lovers of the Church. You would usually see them say things like "Churches are too much, we need Industries" but a True lover of the Church must first see himself as a Christian and every other thing like Tribe and Nationality comes second hence my church validates your country and not the other way.

I'm using this medium to admonish True lovers of the Church not to fall for the same trap Eve fell for. Do not engage in a conversation where you are unaware of the underlying Motivations of the individual you are debating with. Eve argued with the Devil concerning the things of God. He(devil) was technically right by twisting a concept in his assertion and it led to the fall of man.

In the midst of any noise in the Church, Heaven or Hell must gain. Ask yourself who gains by these noise on Tithing. The Enemy would make you think it is Heaven that would gain just like the Serpent deceived Eve by telling her all she would gain by eating the fruit.

Secondly, know the priorities of Christ and ask yourself if Jesus would be igniting a debate about Tithing in a world where Christians are loosing Faith, Divorce in Church is high and there is Sexual Immorality pervading some Churches.

Lastly, study your Christian faith(or religion) and understand how changes occur in d church. How did we get to correct some doctrinal errors in the church. Did we have to pull Methodist down for Hagin to emerge, did we have to pull Anglican down for Oyedepo to emerge or did we have to pull Apostolic faith down for Kumuyi to emerge. These men came out of these ministries and tried to correct some things yet the ministries they emerged from are spared onslaught. As Christ said "any house standing against itself cannot stand". Hagin did not condemn Methodist for kicking him out when he got big because he knew only the Devil benefits.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by gwinaB(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
Lomprico2:

And who owns the church?

The church has a board, has a finance team. No one can arbitrarily take money, not even the President of the Church. That is the reason they are up. Accountability from the top.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Chukazu: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

He lives by divine provision

What God commissions, he provides for...
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by bezimo(m): 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
wirinet:

Malachi was not referring to ordinary people, it was warning, advice and admonitions for Priests . The priests were teaching the people false doctrines and eating the tithes paid by the people, so God was warning them to desist from such acts or face the consequences.

Here is Malachi 2:1

Another confirmation that the messages are for priests;

See here that the priests were preaching wrong doctrines;

The bolded sound familiar? Nigerian pastors have become emergency Levis.

See the priests are robbing the temple and the nation by chopping tithes;

And they were preaching wrong and wickedness doctrines;

The problem with you is that you are interpreting scriptures in the letters -2 Cor 3:6 and as such very ignorant.I am not surprised after all Satan knows the scriptures but CANNOT interpret it by the Spirit correctly because he can't have the Holy Spirit.

Comparing spiritual things with spiritual 1 Cor 2:3.
Who is a priest? Rev 1:6 tells us who is a priest in the new testament.We see believers in Christ are seen as priests and Kings.
Who are the modern day priest? From Mal 2:7..we see a priest as also defined as a man who carries the knowledge of God to feed God's people with, Which in modern day Christianity are Pastors, Teachers, Apostle and prophets who teach the God's word to the people of God in church as directed by God now comparing that with Jer 3:15. We see pastors are asked to feed the people of God with the knowledge of God. So priest are pastors also. So trying to confuse yourself on who are the priest and who is not can't achieve anything.
God instructed in Malachi 3:10 tithes to be brought to his storehouse( the modern day churhes were a believer is fed and taught the word of God)..so that God will keep the heavens of the tither open. In Heb 7:8 we are told that when the tithe is brought to God's storehouse(the church) men that die( refering to God ordained priest) receives the tithe and Jesus in heaven also receives the tithe and record it.

So your ignorance of trying to explain away the fact that tithing is commanded by God and must be done so that the tither can enjoy the blessings of tithing as enumerated in Mal 3:10-13..is spiritually daft and absurd. I am a tither and I know the difference between when I was not tithing and when I embraced the truth of tithing. The difference is clear.

I hope your case is not as bad as what Jesus described in Matt 15:14
Let them alone(e.g those arguing tithe): they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind( the person debating tithe) lead the blind( the person buying into the lie), both shall fall into the ditch.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by unlimited4life: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
Now tell me, how this man will not be a blessed man. More grace!
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by ehissi(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Honorarium given to him when he ministers in other churches and seeds that people, his Spiritual sons sow to him directly. Either as a way to connect to the anointing at work in his life or to honour on events like his birthday or even his wedding anniversary or other important times in his life........ smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Bwoodlt: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
wirinet:

He became a billionaire because people bought his book, read the book and gained useful knowledge and then the people dashed him money in appreciation. Even my 6 yr old would not believe that rubbish.

I do not want to boast but do you know how many people I have helped and ended up paying me back with wickedness. I have housed and fed someone for 2 years (I even helped him set up a business). At the ended of the day I became his enermy.

Most Nigerians do not show appreciation for good done to them and lots pay back with evil, and this even run within families. I know people who help family members become successful, at the end of the day they do not only fail to show appreciation, they go on to repay with wickedness.

All you guys that are ready to submit your whole savings and probably your life too to your pastor do so because of indoctrination and fear. You have been so indoctrinated that you fear contradicting or disobeying your pastor, due to the consequences of hell, misfortune or death.

I completely understand and respect your viewpoint Sir. Again, to each, his own. So rather than prolonging this, I'll just keep it simple. Its not a question of fear or indoctrination, Its only morally right that you appreciate someone/people you benefit tremendously from. If you are to attend a motivational speaking event, you pay for tickets, buy tapes and so on. Now, your pastor feed you spiritually with the word of God, inspire and motivate you, serve as a spiritual father e.t.c, its even biblical that you appreciate him. Not to mention when you benefit tremendously from his published books and other materials. Hate doesn't have a place in our society, regardless of how the world pay us back, we are still to be that good, that 'salt' of the world. To help make the world a better place.

Thanks for your response Sir.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by sikowitz17: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
Richy4:

I understand the reasons why you are defending this.. I would have done the same if I were to be in your shoes.. I believe u are an undergraduate.. and u know what prove is..

I was thinking that you were one of his accountants or finance manager who knew and have the facts that he doesn't touch the proceeds from his books that was sold.. and that his Family's expenditure were not included when books were balanced... I wish you well in your studies...
studies keh... Since 2015 I've graduated and served...
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by sikowitz17: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2017
pweetiedee:

Oyedepo is your dad?
spiritual... Not physical.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by meemich234(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
God BLESS YOU SIR!!!!

Statsocial:

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by generationz(f): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Gifts from rich church members.
Don't you know some people put their pastors on salaries from their own income, What you call prophet offerings. Many people sow into men of God's lives after been blessed.
Go and read about Solomon in 2nd Samuel and how gentiles were always bringing gold, silver, and every good thing to him monthly. We as Christians are even greater than Solomon because we know Jesus and by his blood he has bought back for us every good thing.
Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by HopeAlive16(f): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:

More wisdom bro

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Aragon: 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
bukatyne:

Don't you know that it is a crime to ask Nigerian Pastors questions? You are supposed to say a big YES to anything that they say otherwise their followers will heap insults and curses on you. A man that doesn't collect Money for anything Yet has 4 Jets... Where did money for the Jets come from? Oops... sorry oh! I fforgot, nobody is supposed to ask them any questions. Maybe someday Nigerians will return back to GOD and stop all these IDOL Worship, until then we will be looking at them from Europe

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statsocial:
This man has sold more books than Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda all put together despite piracy. If he were to take proceeds of tapes and books alone na billionaire. Yet some funny individuals will ask you how he is rich. I was amazed myself to find out in 2015 that he does not earn from Books proceed neither does he take Salary. It is the church that takes the proceeds.

Same with their Universities. In this case neither the Church nor Oyedepo takes profit(even though they can if they desire to). Everything is reinvested back into the system and the Church adds some more billions to the Universities annually. At times Oyedepo also gives to the Universities from his own pocket.

He doesn't earn money from his writings; he doesn't take salary; doesn't earn anything, so pls tell us how he is commanding money to his purse if he is not earning money from any source.
Karl Marx got it right when he declared that " religion is the opium of the masses."

1 Like

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by Mujtahida: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
bezimo:

The problem with you is that you are interpreting scriptures in the letters -2 Cor 3:6 and as such very ignorant.I am not surprised after all Satan knows the scriptures but CANNOT interpret it by the Spirit correctly because he can't have the Holy Spirit.

Comparing spiritual things with spiritual 1 Cor 2:3.
Who is a priest? Rev 1:6 tells us who is a priest in the new testament.We see believers in Christ are seen as priests and Kings.
Who are the modern day priest? From Mal 2:7..we see a priest as also defined as a man who carries the knowledge of God to feed God's people with, Which in modern day Christianity are Pastors, Teachers, Apostle and prophets who teach the God's word to the people of God in church as directed by God now comparing that with Jer 3:15. We see pastors are asked to feed the people of God with the knowledge of God. So priest are pastors also. So trying to confuse yourself on who are the priest and who is not can't achieve anything.
God instructed in Malachi 3:10 tithes to be brought to his storehouse( the modern day churhes were a believer is fed and taught the word of God)..so that God will keep the heavens of the tither open. In Heb 7:8 we are told that when the tithe is brought to God's storehouse(the church) men that die( refering to God ordained priest) receives the tithe and Jesus in heaven also receives the tithe and record it.

So your ignorance of trying to explain away the fact that tithing is commanded by God and must be done so that the tither can enjoy the blessings of tithing as enumerated in Mal 3:10-13..is spiritually daft and absurd. I am a tither and I know the difference between when I was not tithing and when I embraced the truth of tithing. The difference is clear.

I hope your case is not as bad as what Jesus described in Matt 15:14
Let them alone(e.g those arguing tithe): they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind( the person debating tithe) lead the blind( the person buying into the lie), both shall fall into the ditch.

Sorry to say this but you are a fraud! Stop twisting the scriptures. That person proved to you that Malachi was addressed to the Priests. Now you have come up talking rubbish about spiritual/letters bla bla bla. Bullshit!
In Christianity there is nothing like pastors are priest. All believers are Priests. And there's absolutely nothing like the storehouse as it was in the temple in the old testament days because now it is Christians themselves who individually and collectively are the temple of God.
And take your stupid brainwashed talk about tithe securing open heavens for those who pay it. Stupid churchian who knows absolutely nothing about Christ and what he means to a believer. You disgust me.

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo by bezimo(m): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Mujtahida:

Sorry to say this but you are a fraud! Stop twisting the scriptures. That person proved to you that Malachi was addressed to the Priests. Now you have come up talking rubbish about spiritual/letters bla bla bla. Bullshit!
In Christianity there is nothing like pastors are priest. All believers are Priests. And there's absolutely nothing like the storehouse as it was in the temple in the old testament days because now it is Christians themselves who individually and collectively are the temple of God.
And take your stupid brainwashed talk about tithe securing open heavens for those who pay it. Stupid churchian who knows absolutely nothing about Christ and what he means to a believer. You disgust me.

Oh I am a fraud because I believe in tithing that is working for me as commanded by God.
Sorry you case is worse than the blind as described in Matt 15:14. claiming to know yet knowing nothing! You uncircumcised son of ishmeal what does thou has to do with tithing talk? Please stay in your Lane!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shiloh 2013: Exceeding Grace: Share Your Shiloh Experience Here / Fight At Assemblies Of God Church Kaduna, 20 Injured / Watch T.B. Joshua Dancing In The Streets Of Mexico City!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.