Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? (1566 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by ojobolinda: 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
I blieve paying of tithe is biblical. My understanding is dat only those who are working and earning salaries or enterpreneurs dat own their own businesses shud pay. Bt i was told in my campus fellowship dat as a student, u ought to pay tithe from ur pocket money given to u.... I have been delibrating on dat for some time, still confuse
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
there is different between tax and tithe

tax; is a certain percent of your income

while

tithe; is 1 tenth out of what you have
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by MhizzAJ(f): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
How many times will they answer this question on nairaland
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by ojobolinda: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
How many times will they answer this question on nairaland
Pls wat was d answer given, may b i have nt come across it.
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by ojobolinda: 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
there is different between tax and tithe

tax; is a certain percent of your income

while

tithe; is 1 tenth out of what you have
in other word, am suppose to pay
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by DopeBoss(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ask Daddy Freeze he knws everything abt tithelipsrsealed
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
ojobolinda:
in other word, am suppose to pay

the bible is very contradicting if I say yes somebody will quote me and say NO

bible says if u have 2 give 1

helping the needy is the best way to pay tithe not by droping it in ur chc
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by zephry(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
op it depends on your personal conviction if you decide to pay out of your pocket or you decide to give to the needy
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by ojobolinda: 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
zephry:
op it depends on your personal conviction if you decide to pay out of your pocket or you decide to give to the needy
Personally for me i don't want to pay cos i feel am nt working, bt i want to b sure dat it's God's instruction. If it is i will pay.
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by zephry(m): 12:00am On Dec 11, 2017
ojobolinda:
Personally for me i don't want to pay cos i feel am nt working, bt i want to b sure dat it's God's instruction. If it is i will pay.
if it doesn't come from your heart don't bother to pay it has to be a sacrifice from the heart
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by nicemuyoo: 12:18am On Dec 11, 2017
The poor, orphan, widows and poor receive tithe in old testament. It is a curse to collect money from the poor e.g. student to give to the rich.it is called oppression
Go and read your bible. Jesus, Peter, Paul, James, etc and early church never taught tithing doctrine. It died with the old covenant and Levitical priesthood. You are under the yahushua covenant. He is the high priest and every true believer is a priest as declared by scripture via Peter! And your body is the temple of the living God where he resides not in building made with hands.

ojobolinda:
I blieve paying of tithe is biblical. My understanding is dat only those who are working and earning salaries or enterpreneurs dat own their own businesses shud pay. Bt i was told in my campus fellowship dat as a student, u ought to pay tithe from ur pocket money given to u.... I have been delibrating on dat for some time, still confuse
Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 11, 2017
ojobolinda:
Pay. Pay because you love God. You have a choice

1 Like

Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 11, 2017
Your mom or dad or whoever gave you the money have paid the tithe for you. Cos they would have paid tithe before sending your monthly alawee.. Why pay twice cheesy

1 Like

Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 11, 2017
I think from the little you get as allowee from parents now, its better you learn how to sacrificially pay tithe.
Little by Little you get used to it & when the big salaries or income start coming in you would have mastered the act of giving.
#personalopinions though.

1 Like

Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by ojobolinda: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2017
sammyomal:
I think from the little you get as allowee from parents now, its better you learn how to sacrificially pay tithe.
Little by Little you get used to it & when the big salaries or income start coming in you would have mastered the act of giving.
#personalopinions though.
wow, thank u sir, i love dis comment!

1 Like

Re: As A Student, Am I To Pay Tithe From My Pocket Money? by ojobolinda: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2017
dondemex:
Your mom or dad or whoever gave you the money have paid the tithe for you. Cos they would have paid tithe before sending your monthly alawee.. Why pay twice cheesy
Yea, bt don't u think dat as a salary earner, ur employer must have paid his/her tithe bfore paying u ur salary nd u r still expected to pay yours as well. I blieve it's an individual action.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Dr. Mrs Becky Enenche's insight on christian dressing / Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 / Who Is Allah Praying To In Quran? Allah Prayed In Quran And Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.