Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,035,845 members, 7,445,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2023 at 07:42 PM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Feeds And Feeding. (6701 Views)
Use 90g To 100g Of New Hope Feeds And Get 99% Of Your Eggs Production / Rabbits Feeds And Feeding Management / Snail Feed And Feeding (2) (3) (4)
|Pig Feeds And Feeding. by maxipharo(m): 9:28am On Dec 11, 2017|
Good pig feed contains sufficient energy, protein, minerals& vitamins. It is advisable to feed your pigs twice a day (morning and evening). The age of your pig depends on the type of feed they will eat. Young pigs need succulent diet high in amino acid. After three months, young pigs could be put on adult feed that will have lower levels of protein. Aside from concentrates (formulated feed), you can offer your pigs other feedstuffs like grass, vegetables and kitchen waste.
What makes up the pigs feed
- Fat and oil
Some feed ingredient for formulation of ration for pigs.
• Maize- Grains forms major constituent of the feed. It is a good source of energy, Metabolizable energy of about 3300kcal/kg, with about 10% crude protein.
• Maize offal- this is a complimentary source of energy. It contains about 2500kcal/kg. the fibre level is higher than that of maize
• Wheat offal- another complimentary source of energy. It contains about 1800Kcal ME/kg
• Brewer dry grains- this is a by products of brewers industries. The energy level is low and about 18% crude protein. It contains high fibre content of about 20%.
• Palm kernel cake (PKC)- this is one of the major ingredient in formulating pig’s ration due to low cost compared to other feed ingredient. It protein content is about 18% and energy value is about 2000Kcal ME/Kg
• Fish meal- it is a good source of animal protein. It is rich in both essential and non-essential amino acid.
• Groundnut cake (GNC)- it is a good source of plant protein. Contains about 45% crude protein.
• Soybean meal- another good source of plant protein, contain around 45% crude protein.
• Bone meal- this is a good source of calcium and phosphorus which is responsible for bone and skeleton.
• Oyster shell- another good source of calcium.
• Sweet potato- this is also a good source of energy. Boiled sweet potato could be given to pig directly.
• Cassava- cassava is a good source of energy but with low protein. The major limitation in using cassava is the presence of anti-nutritional factor. Cassava/cassava peel must be properly dried before been fed or incorporated with other feed ingredient.
REQUIREMENT FOR DIFFERENT GROWTH STAGES OF PIG
Stages of production % protein Energy Kcal/kg
Piglet 18 2400-2600
Growers 14-16 2400-2500
Breeders 16-18 2400-2500
Lactating 14-16 2400-2600
please move to front page
|Re: Pig Feeds And Feeding. by kemstol(f): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2019|
Spent grain / Brewer,s waste is available for 30k per ton for livestock feed. Contact 07069143277
We Do Plantain Farm Setup, Management And Marketing.*pics* / Download My Secret Vegetables Calendar / LASG To Setup E-Commerce Hub For Agric Producers To Improve Exports
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34