Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience (795 Views)

Brig-Gen Yusha'u Dogara Ahmed Appointed New NYSC DG / Shuaibu Ibrahim: I Will Rather Die Than Lose One Corps Member — New NYSC DG / Want To Get Your First Post-nysc Job? Lets Make A CV For You !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience by ageraGT: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi, this afternoon I received an SMS displayed at the bottom of this post from 08132044453 claiming to be my friend from plateau camp, I didn't recall having any friend called Gabriel back in camp, am an introvert and I don't like to mingle so if I make a friend am sure I will definitely remember, I asked him if he was on whatsapp so I can see a face but he replied no! Saying he owns only a facebook page I quickly navigated to facebook and couldn't find his name still....i called back and said I was interested in the job he immediately asked me to call his in-law Dr Paul on 09034205695. I called Dr Paul and he was emphasizing on how the employment was internal and some gibberish I couldn't hear, so he asked me where I would like to work Abuja, Lagos or P.H? and should send my details to him so he can forward the form to me but he didn't forget to mention I will pay 25k (twenty five thousand natural for the form). I knew it was a scam immediately I read the SMS I just wanted to be very sure so I don't miss an opportunity. My concerning issue now is this: how did he know my name, where I served and my platoon(mentioned it on phone). We all have to be careful so we don't fall into these traps by people looking for Christmas money. Cheers

Re: New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
Loool I got that message too, as well as many other corp members I know. This scam has been running for years funny enough. As soon as I got the message, I knew it was a scam and when I checked his number on Truecaller, it was marked as spam. I sha hope no one would fall into this trap because we all know the struggle to get a job after NYSC is very real.
The scammer even called me by my middle name and no one ever calls me that grin

(1) (Reply)

Finally Solved: Working Method To Create An Unbannable Paypal Account / “We Want To Go Home.” - 600 Evacuated NYSC Members Tell DG / Was The Future Scary While Passing Out Of NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.