Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital (41191 Views)

An Igbo Man Treated 3000 Muslims To Iftar To Foster National Unity / Imo Youths Petition CJN Over Declaration Of Ihedioha As Governor-elect / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by mickeymimi: 10:22am On Dec 12, 2017
Try to find out more from Journals ...archaeology reports and history ,..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Jerusalem . you will find out the true ownership of Jerusalem.

. Nearly 3,000 years ago King David was the Israelite purchaser of the place that is known today as the Jerusalem Temple Mount - years before there was a Temple there. As we will read, David actually purchased the property for another purpose, but it was later used as the site of the Temple built by David’s son and successor King Solomon.
In order to emphasize the uniqueness and importance of Jerusalem, David brought the Holy Ark of the Covenant there and turned the city into the religious center of the People of Israel

Jerusalem has many names >Salem, Moriah, Jebus, Zion, and Jerusalem. Zion (that is, the City of David).

2 Samuel 24:18-19, 24 > .” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
it sounds very familiar. It is the same as when Abraham went to purchase Hebron from Ephron the Hitite. Again, Araunah tries to give the threshing floor to King David as a place to sacrifice to God, to set up an altar. But David doesn’t believe the offer is genuine and he insists that he must pay for the threshing floor and oxen with 50 shekels of silver. That way it is his, he owns it and no one can question his right to follow God’s commandment to sacrifice those oxen on that location.

1 Chronicles 21:24-25 Then King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will surely buy it for the full price, for I will not take what is yours for the Lord, nor offer burnt offerings with that which costs me nothing.” S[b]o David gave Ornan six hundred shekels of gold by weight for the place.[/b]

Why does the account in 2 Samuel say 50 shekels and the account in 1 Chronicles say 600 shekels? Which one is right?
The Jewish belief is that David paid 50 shekels for each tribe so that the 12 tribes of Israel would all have equal ownership in the altar, 50 x 12 = 600.

2 Chronicles 3:1 Now Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

So we can know with certainty that Jerusalem belongs to the Jewish people and the title deed for the very land is recorded in the Bible.

You can google it if you like or go to library.

3 Likes

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by SEEDBED: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2017
THE PERSON WHO LAUGH LAST LAUGH BEST. THIS IS THE TIME OF GOD'S PEOPLE....GOD BLESS TRUMP

1 Like

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2017
goaldynman:

God punish you! They should first kill the Yoruba people/Christians as usual!!

Go ask of me, God no fit punish me
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by madridsta007(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Your ngwa Ibo muslims in Kano protesting anti Islam movie. grin

1. Anyone can wear an attire that looks Igbo. That does not necessarily mean he/she is Igbo.
2. An Igbo man does not have time to protest, biko. Have you noticed that an Igbo man hardly every protests? Did they protest at the last fuel subsidy protests? No. You know why? Who will be minding his business when he is protesting? Ghosts? grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:31am On Dec 12, 2017
grin
Abee79:
[/quote] grin[quote author=Abee79 post=63208465]
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by tuk2ato(m): 10:31am On Dec 12, 2017
Zombie o Zombie. While I pity the plight of Palestinians, we have our own issues to contend with. I will like to correct the notion that all Palestinians are Muslim, this is not true. The status of Jerusalem has always been a bone of contention for thousand of years and the only solution is a peaceful dialogue and not a unilateral declaration from a very controversial person thousands of miles away!

1 Like

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by flyn: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2017
Bokoharam will kill them all this year, idiot, stupid terrorist, divide this country, can't be in the same country wit Muslims I hate them so much
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Smony: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2017
I pity my fellow african's for alwys thinkin bakward. image, they cnt mind their own problm they bzy takin panadol 4 som1 headache. jst luk at d hardship wey naija dey face, e no whole protest bt them d protest wetin no concern them.

1 Like

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Kamsichime(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2017
Jobless peeps how many of dem carried placards wen Boko haram sacked Chibok community. Dey ar crying more d bereaved

1 Like

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 12, 2017
mickeymimi:
Try to find out more from Journals ...archaeology reports and history ,..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Jerusalem . you will find out the true ownership of Jerusalem.

. Nearly 3,000 years ago King David was the Israelite purchaser of the place that is known today as the Jerusalem Temple Mount - years before there was a Temple there. As we will read, David actually purchased the property for another purpose, but it was later used as the site of the Temple built by David’s son and successor King Solomon.
In order to emphasize the uniqueness and importance of Jerusalem, David brought the Holy Ark of the Covenant there and turned the city into the religious center of the People of Israel

Jerusalem has many names >Salem, Moriah, Jebus, Zion, and Jerusalem. Zion (that is, the City of David).

2 Samuel 24:18-19, 24 > .” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
it sounds very familiar. It is the same as when Abraham went to purchase Hebron from Ephron the Hitite. Again, Araunah tries to give the threshing floor to King David as a place to sacrifice to God, to set up an altar. But David doesn’t believe the offer is genuine and he insists that he must pay for the threshing floor and oxen with 50 shekels of silver. That way it is his, he owns it and no one can question his right to follow God’s commandment to sacrifice those oxen on that location.

1 Chronicles 21:24-25 Then King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will surely buy it for the full price, for I will not take what is yours for the Lord, nor offer burnt offerings with that which costs me nothing.” S[b]o David gave Ornan six hundred shekels of gold by weight for the place.[/b]

Why does the account in 2 Samuel say 50 shekels and the account in 1 Chronicles say 600 shekels? Which one is right?
The Jewish belief is that David paid 50 shekels for each tribe so that the 12 tribes of Israel would all have equal ownership in the altar, 50 x 12 = 600.

2 Chronicles 3:1 Now Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

So we can know with certainty that Jerusalem belongs to the Jewish people and the title deed for the very land is recorded in the Bible.

You can google it if you like or go to library.

Go back to the same Samuel
2 Samuel 5: 6

The king and his men marched to Jerusalem to attack the Jebusites, who lived there. The Jebusites said to David, "You will not get in here; even the blind and the lame can ward you off." They thought, "David cannot get in here."

Who are the Jebusites? They are the cannaites, who are the cannaites? Below is your answer

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2017
tuk2ato:
Zombie o Zombie. While I pity the plight of Palestinians, we have our own issues to contend with. I will like to correct the notion that all Palestinians are Muslim, this is not true. The status of Jerusalem has always been a bone of contention for thousand of years and the only solution is a peaceful dialogue and not a unilateral declaration from a very controversial person thousands of miles away!

Thank you for this unbiased and straight up comment.

1 Like

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by fay39: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2017
that was a great move against the trash Trump. may Allah bless everyone who participated and elevate Muslims and Islam all over the globe
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by wiseEast: 10:52am On Dec 12, 2017
XXLDICK:

Medina and Jerusalem are important to Muslims just like Jerusalem and Rome are important to Catholics

jerusalem is Hebrew word and meaning
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by zegxy: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2017
Nigeria my beloved country, why carry another country burden for our shoulders as if we are more holier than thou? Each time I remember the scenario that played out during the OBJ's regime I just cant stop laughing. Then the Miss world pageant has chosen Nigeria to host the most beautiful girl in the world,hundreds and thousands of Muslims "faithfuls" thronged the streets protesting that it is sinful to host ladies half dressed in the country. What happened? Turkey an Islamic country, that Nigeria can not even stand at par with, when it comes to Islamization, agreed to host the event and not a single protest emanated from the Turkish.
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Charly68: 10:56am On Dec 12, 2017
Does their protest change the mind of President Triumph ? Let them continue till rapture takes place
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by DeRay98(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2017
Factfinder1:
Check well its the poor hungry Muslims doin this

O yes, the rich ones manipulate the poor ones with money, those one protesting really have no idea of the issues in question.
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by wiseEast: 11:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Nigerian Over sabi don too much, this goes to both the Muslims and Christians fighting over people who doesn't gives half a fûck about you. If we care about ourselves the same way we care about Israel or Palestine we should have develop. Jews are the chosen ones, So what? Of course their God loves them more than you, What i don't understand is you worshipping their gods and still accepting this fact. Ask a typical Nigerian what he thinks about angels, the first image that comes to his mind is a white man with wings. We are just too stûpid. We should create our own identity not fighting over people who doesn't gives a fûck about us. Christians especially Igbos in Nigeria somehow support Israel oppression of Palestine but still want Biafra, Muslims supports Palestine freedom but doesn't want Biafra freedom. What a confuse set of Hypocritical bunchs.
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Xisnin(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Stupidity.
Most of the protesters don't even know why they are protesting in the first place.
Some are there for the money while others are being manipulated by evil clerics.
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Emyogalanya: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2017
SAME PEOPLE WHO QUESTIONED WHAT IPOB GOT TO DO WITH TRUMP VICTORY WHEN THEY WERE KILLED IN PORT SAME GUYS WHO CELEBRATED TRUMP WHEN HE SOLD IMAGINARY WEAPONS TO BUHARI
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by BiggyBamBam: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2017
FOOOOOOOOLS!!!!!!!

How man times did they protest in Palestine when Boko Haram was slaughtering your fellow muslims everyday?

Senseless FOOOOOOOOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by XXLDICK(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2017
wiseEast:

jerusalem is Hebrew word and meaning
Muslims call it Al-Quds
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by drakeli: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2017
ollah1:

Go ba
Cannan, area variously defined in historical and biblical literature, but always centered on Palestine.

Guy, based on this bold above, I would like to ask, what has happened to your English comprehension? So many half baked school graduates these days.

What that quote above is saying is that: The land of cannan as refered to in historical or biblical record transcends the present day land of Israel. It’s talking about a whole region. When we are talking about the land of Cannan, it refers to a region more than the land of Israel. According to historical facts, the Romans after they exiled the Jews named all the land in that region Palestine including some areas of Jordan, Lebanon and Syria and were put under the same Roman rule by the name Palestine and erased israel. Palestine is not Arabic name. It’s Roman. That’s way before the fall of Roman Empire and before the occupation of Roman Palestine by Islamic jihadist that saw Arabs moving in to Roman Palestine wherein there was Jerusalem.

So there was never Palestine nor Palestinian arabs . All that was after the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem and the whole Palestine (not as known today) region.

3 Likes

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by zuru101(m): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2017
MyVILLAGEpeople:

dont mind them nigeria muslim forget that there is different between religion and culture that is why the fulani are killing both christian and muslim they need to be orientation
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/independent.ng/jerusalem-protest-nigeria-trumps-declaration/%3famp_markup=1
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by me69: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2017
simijimi:
If I call you what will happen?

Will you slit my throat?
or accuse me of blasphemy so that you almajiri brothers can mob me?

You don't need me to come just go to kano and say such thing if you are really not a coward. Your mumu go remain
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2017
me69:

You don't need me to come just go to kano and say such thing if you are really not a coward. Your mumu go remain
What took you so long to reply?
Have you finished bombing?
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2017
Cyynthialove:
Very useless set of terroristsss.
If you like protest from morning till night, no going back on Trump's decision, Jerusalem is for children of God not for terrorists .Highest thing you can do is to hit your heads on the gas cylinder or better still put on your suicide vest and do the needful for arrah

Even Yoruba Christians are not even safe as it was predicted by Alcataraz005, they have started attacking FFK as usual.

pissssful people
fool,are the jews children of God or the christians?idiot jahilichi to the core.
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by mickeymimi: 11:58am On Dec 12, 2017
ollah1:

Go back to the same Samuel
2 Samuel 5: 6

The king and his men marched to Jerusalem to attack the Jebusites, who lived there. The Jebusites said to David, "You will not get in here; even the blind and the lame can ward you off." They thought, "David cannot get in here."

Who are the Jebusites? They are the cannaites, who are the cannaites? Below is your answer

Hello Ollah ..
read up to verse 9>

AGREED > I understand your point ..,. David bought the land from them

David granted terms of peace with the remaining Jebusites[b], because he made a friendly deal with Araunah the Jebusite to purchase land for building the templ[/b]e (2 Samuel 24:18–25). The Jebusites remained subjugated to Israel and were part of the forced labor Solomon later used for his building projects.

Bible ref>
Read 2 Samuel 24> 18 to 25.. I copied it for you to make it easy.

18 On that day Gad went to David and said to him, “Go up and build an altar to the Lord on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.” 19 So David went up, as the Lord had commanded through Gad. 20 When Araunah looked and saw the king and his officials coming toward him, he went out and bowed down before the king with his face to the ground.

21 Araunah said, “Why has my lord the king come to his servant?”

“To buy your threshing floor,” David answered, “so I can build an altar to the Lord, that the plague on the people may be stopped.”

22 Araunah said to David, “Let my lord the king take whatever he wishes and offer it up. Here are oxen for the burnt offering, and here are threshing sledges and ox yokes for the wood. 23 Your Majesty, Araunah[a] gives all this to the king.” Araunah also said to him, “May the Lord your God accept you.”

24 But the king replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.”

So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen and paid fifty shekels[b] of silver for them. 25 David built an altar to the Lord there and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. Then the Lord answered his prayer in behalf of the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped.

The Hebrew Bible describes the Jebusites as dwelling in the mountains besides Jerusalem. In Exodus, the 'good and large land, flowing with milk and honey' which was promised to Moses as the future home of the oppressed Hebrew people included the land of the Jebusites

The land of Canaan was the land God promised to give to Abraham’s descendants (Genesis 12:7). The Canaanites are described in the Bible as a large and fierce people, not easily defeated, so the Israelites would need divine help to come against them, defeat them, and take their land away. God promised Moses and Joshua that help (Joshua 1:3).

The fall of Jericho was a supernatural event, as God overthrew that city (Joshua 6). This victory was a sign to the people of Israel and to the people of Canaan that God had given the land of Canaan to the Israelites.
Some of the Canaanites who remained in Israel were pressed into forced labor, and the disobedience of Israel resulted in the unrest happening in Judges. the Battle of Jericho was the first battle of the Israelites in their conquest of Canaan

more Wiki ref> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebusite

According to the Hebrew Bible, the Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited Jerusalem prior to its conquest by Joshua (11:3 and 12:10) or King David (2 Samuel 5:6-10). The Books of Kings state that Jerusalem was known as Jebus prior to this event. According to some biblical chronologies, the city was conquered ...
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
ollah1:

The bolded shows you are just a kid who knows nothing. Lol

Me, I know somethings

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Dsov2016: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
XXLDICK:

That is the story your Bible told you, their Qur'an told them a different one, which one is right is subjective.

Nigeria is just to religious for my liking. Why protest for what is happening in far away Israel?

Trump is too controversial which isn't good for America.

Jerusalem is a disputed area which both Arabs and the Jews have legitimate claims to it.

Jerusalem is important to all Abrahamic religions; Judaism, Christianity, Islam.

Trump should have respected UN's declaration. America shouldn't feel superior to UN.

My unbaised opinion

Now let the insults role in. 3...2...1....

thanks bro u have hit the nail on the head. I believe one of Trump's reason for doing this is to show the USA perceived superiority over the UN. he has always said america first. so why don't those supporting or not supporting him here in naija say naija first irrespective of religion

1 Like

Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Entom(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
THIS SHOWS THAT NIGERIANS MUSLIM ARE THE ONLY TRUTH MUSLIM IN THE WORLD
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by me69: 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
simijimi:
What took you so long to reply?
Have you finished bombing?

Fear wan kill you Don't shit on your pants
Re: 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
genghiskhan007:

Me, I know somethings

If i quote bible veres that says exact same thing you wrote, you will tell me I'm not filled with holy spirit or it's old testament or I didn't read it to the end. There will always be an excuse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Presidential Rally Benue State Live (pics) / Is This Obi's Pathway To Victory In 2023? / Osinbajo Welcomes The 21 Released Chibok Girls (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.