Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? (14029 Views)

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? / Why South-West Governors Are 'Helpless' On Security Situation In The Region / Updates: What’s The Fuel Scarcity Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by checkedout: 9:46am On Dec 12, 2017
one4GOD:
The same Ikosi/Ketu area that I watched the residents on TV yesterday protesting poor electricity supply and high billing from NEPA? undecided undecided undecided undecided

They were protesting that we shouldn't pay light bills until we have been given Prepaid metre. Now they have removed our light cos they didn't allow Phcn people to disconnect people that didn't pat.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by checkedout: 9:46am On Dec 12, 2017
one4GOD:
The same Ikosi/Ketu area that I watched the residents on TV yesterday protesting poor electricity supply and high billing from NEPA? undecided undecided undecided undecided

They were protesting that we shouldn't pay light bills until we have been given Prepaid metre. Now they have removed our light cos they didn't allow Phcn people to disconnect people that didn't pay
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Harbay0101(m): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2017
Here in my area in ikorodu, sometimes we have 3-4 days interrupted power supply

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by checkedout: 9:51am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are a big liar ...i know yoe work for a fashola media team paid to say lies ...Nigeria is currently wheeling less that 3000 MW yet you want us to believe you area Ketu Ikosi has 20 hours a day , its either you are liar or or you dont know how to count hours..on sunday i spent tje whole day at Ogudu GRA at wife to be parents house and they didnt have electricity for most of the time I was there and that place is not far from Ketu Ikosi ...you can lie sha

Working for Fashola? Abeg park well

No light in Ogudu and that means no light for Ketu? Use your brain

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Sammmypoko(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2017
Arghhhhhhh...Mogbe,zambi bawo,which kind country be this gan.our na 3days on 1 day off,one cant differentiate between on and off.alimosho local government.

kstyle2:
Uninterrupted power failure. It's still shocking that a country like ours can't generate power for 24hrs. Zambia and Rwanda have started to get access to 24hr power supply. Why is it that obasanjo in his first term said hr will tackle power problem, failed to do it, said he'll do it in his 2nd term. As expected, he failed. Yaradua made the same promise as well as GEJ and buhari yet none of them have been able to fix it
China uses coal to generate electricity and I believe enugu state is blessed with coal I abundance. Why can't the minister of power travel out and inquire on how china makes use of coal to generate power and see if it can be replicated here
Norway uses waste to generate power and it got to a stage that they had to start importing waste as they were quickly running out of it. No one has deemed it necessary to see how other nations solved their power problem and follow suit
How do you attract investors when investors know they'll have to generate their own power supply. If power problem is solved, many small scale business will rise as well as survive. Banks, hotels, factories that rely on generators will have enough retained earnings which can in turn transform to better pay for employees, recruitment of more hands or delving into other business.
Until we start voting leaders with technical know how instead of ethnic or religious sentiments, we won't get it right
Ask yourself this, which governor has been able to fulfill half of his campaign promises.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Forceup(f): 9:55am On Dec 12, 2017
What records??
GavelSlam:

Can you please state where you are for the records.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Decale: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are a big liar ...i know yoe work for a fashola media team paid to say lies ...Nigeria is currently wheeling less that 3000 MW yet you want us to believe you area Ketu Ikosi has 20 hours a day , its either you are liar or or you dont know how to count hours..on sunday i spent tje whole day at Ogudu GRA at wife to be parents house and they didnt have electricity for most of the time I was there and that place is not far from Ketu Ikosi ...you can lie sha

Oga, shut up if you don't live in Ketu

I stay there and I get 22 hours of light daily..n

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2017
About 23hours daily since November but prior to now its 12hours daily.
#Sokoto

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Federal Government?? Local and state nko?

defemz:
I think it depends on the disco concerned. In mando area in Kaduna, light come 3am to 6am. Then 3pm- 7pm. Many other days no light at all. Before the Kaduna electricity distribution company took over we normally had light for 23hours. I am bold to say KAEDCO is conveniently the worst run disco in nigeria. Early this year they sacked almost 600 staff in one fell swoop. The disco is currently on live support. And the federal government is pretending not to see all these.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by empressteemah06(f): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Light has improved tremendously in my side at Agege

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Originality007: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2017
buffalowings:

Which side in Akure you dey? cool

Araromi side, close to Akure high school
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by donbenie(m): 10:05am On Dec 12, 2017
Been a little steady for the past one month..about 16hours daily..witnessed 24 hours uninterrupted light in years,yesterday..3-3 Onitsha..

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by SalamRushdie: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2017
Decale:

Oga, shut up if you don't live in Ketu

I stay there and I get 22 hours of light daily..n

I will make sure i drive down to ketu this weekend even though i dont know anyone there and I will expose this ur 22 hours lies
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by DonBobes(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Those saying 20-22hrs etc. at my place we have lights at times 2-3 days straight or 20-22 hours!
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Offpoint: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2017
Bari22:
Here in Akure we are not getting less than 10h electricity. Actually there is an increase in electricity
which area in akure precisely? cause for the past 3 weeks akure light has been a disaster... use to enjoyed up 18hrs of light, but for the past 3weeks... I barely see light for 4 hours.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Decale: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I will make sure i drive down to ketu this weekend even though i dont know anyone there and I will expose this ur 22 hours lies

Read through the thread. 3 people from different parts of Ketu have corroborated the original guy's story.

What is there in 22 hours that I should be proud of or lie about? Izzit uninterrupted?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by EvilMetahuman: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I have never hidden my disdain for Buhari poor style of leadership and I know deep down in me he can only make everything worse ..If i was partisan would i be one of Ambodes greatesst supporters even though I was part of those that didnt vote him ...Well if my criticising Buhari is considered partisan so be it but I know I just want the best for my country
no one says you shouldn't hate anybody.

What I'm saying is don't lie.
I hate buhari like mad for betraying my trust, but I wouldn't lie you to promote another political bastard like atiku.
That's what makes partisan.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by SalamRushdie: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2017
Decale:

Read through the thread. 3 people from different parts of Ketu have corroborated the original guy's story.

What is there in 22 hours that I should be proud of or lie about? Izzit uninterrupted?

22 hours mean you dont have power for just two hours everyday , it means for 92 percent of the day you have electricity and that means if I spend 1 hour in Ketu on Sunday I would experience electricity for 55 minutes 20 seconds at the worst case scenario..I will be there on sunday by God grace and I will spend over an hour just to burst your lies
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by stanliwise(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2017
checkedout:

I live in Yakubu and am not lying.
Close to moshood abi?? Eehmm that is Ikosi and I guess most of you use pre-paid meters there abi?
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by defemz(m): 10:33am On Dec 12, 2017
StaffofOrayan:
Federal Government?? Local and state nko?

Sir, is it state or local government agencies that regulate Discos?
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by kiddapunk: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2017
Here in Amassoma Bayelsa state its almost equivalent of Dubai. We have atleast 16hrs a day of constant power supply

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by realmanarken(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2017
grin I Wont Say Much Power Has Been Fair In My Area. But I Know An Area In Udu The Last Time They Had Light If I Had Gotten A Girl Pregnant Then,, By Now The Child Would Be In School.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by GoodGovernance: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2017
Ikorodu remains one of the best places to live,''electrically'' speaking.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2017
Akins, along Addo road, is very Poor, not more than 4 hours daily.
Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by sutelk: 10:47am On Dec 12, 2017
Irawo, Owode-Ajegunle ikorodu road. IKEDC. UPS, 23.9999 hours a day, 7 days a week. I want to sell my generators.
But those guys want to kill person with estimated billing. I pay 12 to 15k a month for my flat. Better than buying fuel sha.

4 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Smony: 10:49am On Dec 12, 2017
To b sincere, APC hav try on power sector. i score them GOOD on power sector. apart frm dat, my broda mak we liv mata 4 mathias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by sutelk: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

22 hours mean you dont have power for just two hours everyday , it means for 92 percent of the day you have electricity and that means if I spend 1 hour in Ketu on Sunday I would experience electricity for 55 minutes 20 seconds at the worst case scenario..I will be there on sunday by God grace and I will spend over an hour just to burst your lies
Make sure you bring your deep freezer along when coming.
Power is good in that axis, I live around there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by GambaOsaka: 10:56am On Dec 12, 2017
teemanbastos:
Osogbo should be about 22-24hrs daily,
Ile Ife should be 13-17hrs daily,
Akure where I stay is 4hrs daily..

100% correct......

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by herrlekan(m): 11:00am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Do you know where ikosi-ketu is?For you to say Ogudu GRA is not far from ikosi-ketu means you don't know what you're saying. Are you saying you have never seen a situation where you don't have electricity for days and the next street have constant electricity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by Abee79(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2017
My AEDC (estimated) Bill for the last three months:
September = N5,000
October = N15,400
November = N32,700

They wan use us do Christmas by force cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area? by GambaOsaka: 11:05am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Am I lying ? Even people at egbin beside the turbine dont have 22hrs lies yet all of you paid goons have 20 21 22 23 hours grin grin abeg keep ur lies to urself

Guy go and bury your head in shame. From all the comments so far, more than 70% claim there's improvement. Yet you are saying nonsense.
Your hate for this government has blinded your reasoning.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice / Govs Otti, Mbah ,others Storm Anambra For Barr. Ify Morah Mother's Burial / LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.